It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A summer of Clinton stumbles gives way to an uncertain fall for Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So who did you put your hard-earned money on?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So who did you put your hard-earned money on?

I play the odds at the track, holdem table, and sports book. So with the fluctuation of field it's hard to tell this early.

Here's a hint....If it's raining....it's not the favorite.

How bout you?
edit on 30-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: ketsuko

Biden
Clinton
Sanders
Warren

At this point, what difference does it make?

You will be singing a different tune when Jeb takes over and the "War on Terror" ramps up in another ME country for more neocon profits....how old is your son?

*laughs*

Hillary is going to be Queen, so you can relax.

She'll usher in more years of glorious progressive standards for all of us to obey.

The pretenders to the Iron Throne are all just "Star Trek Red-shirts" in this rendition of "Kabuki Theatre on Meth".

I'm really looking forward to the "I told you So Festival" come 2016...if we make it that far.....

So you think Jebidiah Bushington III will take the Iron Throne?

I live in a blue state so the only thing I can do is vote against Queen Hillary Emeritus.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Biden
Clinton
Sanders
Warren

You will be singing a different tune when Jeb takes over and the "War on Terror" ramps up in another ME country for more neocon profits....how old is your son?

*laughs*

She'll usher in more years of glorious progressive standards for all of us to obey.

The pretenders to the Iron Throne are all just "Star Trek Red-shirts" in this rendition of "Kabuki Theatre on Meth".

I'm really looking forward to the "I told you So Festival" come 2016...if we make it that far.....

I live in a blue state so the only thing I can do is vote against Queen Hillary Emeritus.

Yes I do! He is the dynastic chosen golden boy the neocons have selected.

If voting really made any difference....it would be illegal!

However, I think a Trump presidency would be a spectacle. One I'd prefer to watch from a beach in Cabo or the Ambergris keys.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I found the link to

Basically, they're a bit worried at the moment even with the Reps running around with the 500'lb gorilla in the room named Trump.

Literally...a 500 lb. gorilla has a better chance of getting elected than Trump.

This is the classic case of the GOP being so insulated in their ideological bubble that they think because someone leads in the GOP polls, that they will lead in a general election.

Trump in the race is the best thing that ever happened to Hillary.

We are 15 months from election day...there are babies that will be born by voting day whose parents haven't even met yet.

I am no Hillary fan, but I doubt she is worried. With Trump vacuuming up headlines and giving the GOP seizures, it is happy days and easy sailing for her right now.

No...Biden won't run. He doesn't have the backers. Bernie can't win a general election, good guy though. He will erode a small percentage of the vote if he hangs in until the end, but it won't be sufficient to give the election to a Trump or Jeb.

The GOP has to seriously get their sh*& together if they plan on genuinely competing.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Biden
Clinton
Sanders
Warren

*laughs*

I don't see it happening. He reminds me of a spoiled princeling who expects the crown but couldn't find his behind with a roadmap, flashlight and sulphur detector.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Biden
Clinton
Sanders
Warren

*laughs*

I don't see it happening. He reminds me of a spoiled princeling who expects the crown but couldn't find his behind with a roadmap, flashlight and sulphur detector.

Heh, it appears we have two of those posturing at each other: Clinton who thinks she's owed it, and Bush who thinks he's been bred for it.

If we lived in a country that was supposed to have some kind of aristocracy, it would be high drama. Since we don't, I'm throwing up a little in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

How bout you?

Tough question. If someone put a gun to my head and made me chose I would probably say Jeb is going to win.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Hillary has been promised her shot.

Unless, Bernie can start sounding like Barry.

You are getting Hillary.

Don't worry, the other side gets Bush.

American gets screwed...

I'll tell you one thing...If the GOP could find someone that was LIIKE Jeb, but brighter and with less family baggage..A moderate conservative that wasn't afraid to skip the pandering parade of the primaries and start more toward the center, they would win.

As it looks now...Trump will storm through the Holidays, collect as much cash as possible (did ya hear he is now accepting money?)...and ideally a hefty pay-off and then drop out around February. Jeb will re-take the spotlight and will guffaw and fumble enough debates to give Hillary the edge by November.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If we lived in a country that was supposed to have some kind of aristocracy, it would be high drama.

There's plenty of high drama in US elections anyway. That's part of it's appeal to the proletariat. Trump is brilliant in his performance.
I hope Trump opens up campaign HQ here....I'd work for him just to watch.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How bout you?

Tough question. If someone put a gun to my head and made me chose I would probably say Jeb is going to win.

Ironic in that someone putting a gun to your head might be the way we end up voting after this cycle.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That's the Kasich maneuver.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Biden
Clinton
Sanders
Warren

*laughs*

In contrast Hillary thinks about how she "deserved" the WH in 08 but got the consolation prize of Sec of State instead! She endured patiently while her husband rode high in the Oval Office and banged interns etc! Dammit...she's earned it!!!

All said...in the match-up it will be...Names are baggage for both Jeb and Hillary, but more so for Jeb cuz his brother was less liked. But either way they won't trade barbs on family. That means a policy debate and Jeb will have to have pandered to the far right by then and boxed himself in alienating some of the middle...Hillary won't have to do that. Plus like it or not she has the "first woman president" thing going and that will earn her some votes...minorities will also lean Dem after Trump forced the GOP to talk Hispanics...who used to go Conservative until recent years...Hillary has got this IMO.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's the Kasich maneuver.

Ya..Kasich is interesting. I don't think he realizes how well he is positioned. He needs more publicity and to start a more aggressive campaign. Maybe he is waiting for later in the race to kick it into gear.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Jeb! lost three top donors yesterday though they say that they're still working with his Super PAC. I don't think it's typical of donors to abandon so early though without knowing something. I'm starting to think Trump will be the nominee. Of course Walker is the Koch's boy so maybe he's just laying in wait.

Meanwhile Bernie's moved up from impossible to maybe. Currently he has NH, VT and he's within spitting distance of Hillary in Iowa and throwing distance in two other states that I can't recall off the top of my head, WV and WI... I think. He's gaining nationally while Hillary is slipping. I don't think Biden actually wants to run, I think he's being pressured by establishment Democrats because they do NOT want Bernie.

All in all this isn't going to be the open and shut election we all thought it was.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

All things equal..

Jeb - With Trump stealing votes
Hillary - With Bernie stealing votes

I think Bernie pulls less votes from Hillary than Trump does from Jeb, giving the advantage to Hillary.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Biden
Clinton
Sanders
Warren

*laughs*

No argument from me.
But.... Jimmy Carter is an intelligent, honest and seemingly very moral person that presided over a very sucky presidency.
I think we get what the powers that be want us to get and the candidates that we are allowed to vote for are just actors... meaning they are simply pawns under the threat of blackmail by TPTB through the use of the NSA.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Currently all GOP candidates lose to Hillary and Bernie. Barring a major disaster the GOP can't win.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

With the short memory span of the electorate; the only thing that will capture their attention will be the unrelenting hype, branding, and crass promotion of the selected candidates come January. The GOP coffers are bulging in anticipation of the campaigns. 2016 is going to be a nasty, ugly piece of business; and I'm blessed to get to be a part of it with our local Republican media team.

Trump isn't even discussed in the steering committees....Jeb all the way! I could be wrong but for Trump to even be considered...3rd party is his only choice.

Actually, that's good to know. Thanks for reporting it. It means that whoever the Dems nominate, the Reps will be split and lose the general election.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

You might be surprised. Its all about who shows up to vote and I don't see young voters voting for Hillary. I mean this is all speculation but more people are fed up with the entire process.

I'm mostly going by when I was in college and the amount of enthusiasm for voting a black democrat that wasn't President Bush. A lot of independent, silent majority types (myself) don't feel the promise of change was achieved.

I just kinda see a rallied Republican base that will all show up this election and if they can get mostly conservative minded Hispanics to vote for them, good game

That's a good analysis, but......maybe you forget the fact that the Democrat Party Big City "Machines" can turn out millions of bogus votes, dead people, duplicate voters and simply "found" machines from precincts no one but the Democrats control. That combined with the fact that Trump will siphon off 25% of the Republican vote should make the game more than equal for the Democrat nominee. Disclosure: I don't really care one way or another; I just enjoy the analysis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join