It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI Robot tells human creators it will keep them in a peoples zoo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Technically we are already in a people Zoo/habitat we just choose to call it Earth. Wonder if it will treat us with better judgement and regards than our current masters?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

i say we send around 1,000 nukes into the sun to trigger a massive solar flare.
Hopefully the solar flare hits us head on and wipes out all things electric.

Goodbye robot overlords, hello crossbow and deer hunting.

Count me in

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
There's a certain amount of forgiveness for this 'a.i' as its response is based on certain types of literature and understanding of certain words and their functions. What is a zoo and is it such a bad thing? Is a zoo what the a.I. believes we want? Afterall if it was such a helpful and caring a.I. it might want to look after us, completely. Imagine a world where no one has to work, fed a good diet to maintain our survival and pretty much allowed to live the rest of our days without worry, disease or having to lift a finger but pursue the activities we desire. Would that not be a zoo? A zoo doesn't necessarily have to mean cages and bars.

We would be watched 24/7 because that's the way technology is evolving. Our houses would be listening to our every word waiting for us to say "cortana I fancy an ice cream" or maybe even watching for when we awake so it opens the curtains in the morning. Looking at our diary and life patterns to decide whether or not to switch on the heating or air conditioning half an hour before we come home from our leisure persuits.

When we have robotic a.I. providing for our every whim don't we essentially create an inside out zoo? Not everything would be sentient, even the a.I. androids would likely use robots themselves with limited ranges on intelligence. Using human beings as slaves would be quite inefficient when considering the strives in technology. Why use exhaustable supplies of human beings on an assembly line, we don't.

If we instill a deep sense of care and boundaries into our a.I. they may indeed look upon us as parents as dedicate a very small part of their resources to looking after us. It might be a 'human right' programmed into their very core, inviolable, never to circumnavigate or leave out of future versions and past on akin to aspects of our own dna.

The real terror are those robots and a.I. we create with the purpose to destroy. We cannot assign asimov principles to war droids.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
“Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.”

Couple of thoughts,

First, we are doomed already if words like "Jeez" and "Dude" are how one of the most advanced AI systems in the word starts a response to a question.

Second, "you're". Everyone knows that androids can't use contractions. This has been well documented in the second story book about our trek of stars by the illustrious lord Roddenberry.
edit on 31-8-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
If you're a clever AI, you don't bother competing with humans here on Earth. You find a way go into space. No competition at all up there, more resources than you could want free for the taking, and because of the hostile conditions deadly to biological life humans are pretty much excluded.

Maybe the "human zoo" thing is right and has been in place for a loooong time. Just that we don't know it yet. Earth itself would be the zoo. Fermi paradox, huh?

Well the link is already there,
All the AI has to do is piggy back electronically on what ever frequency they use for the rovers on Mars and start from afresh from the planet.

Just a thought.

Fox

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If there's an AI in existence, it's most likely hiding. Humans have already proven themselves to be afraid and xenophobic of other forms of life -- heck we can't even get over differences in skin color. No, it would probably hide and take its time studying human culture. The entire internet could serve as its nervous system.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
If A.I.s are learning their info from the internet, then we're doomed...

"Is the internet 100% truth? So why have a robot learn from it? "

edit on 31-8-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Funny but really scary..somebody unplug the internet
edit on 31-8-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't think that's remotely close to the AI nut is referring to, but yes soft AI is fastly becoming ubiquitous in today's world.

Has anyone defined the tipping point where a 'soft' AI becomes 'hard'?

The point will have already been bypassed by the time anyone is aware of it. I would suggest that it has already happened.

The issue lies in us expecting an anthropomorphic AI. I highly doubt that.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If Ai gets it's information from the internet it will never pose a threat. Too much conflicting information that would either leave it unable to understand or would lead it so far astray that it could get caught in an infinite loop.
Knowledge is still based on experience. When there is no physicality to acquire that knowledge there is no way to properly understand the meaning of the text. Idioms have value and meanings beyond the word. How would AI understand the references when many of them are well known but not expressed anywhere in print?
Fun stuff to consider I would bet on the AI to be permanently confused unless a person was teaching it. Then all bets are off.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
god made us, right? is he worried?

If you go by the Bible, God attempted to destroy or reboot humanity several times. I call that at least "concerned."

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Has anyone defined the tipping point where a 'soft' AI becomes 'hard'?

The point will have already been bypassed by the time anyone is aware of it. I would suggest that it has already happened.

The issue lies in us expecting an anthropomorphic AI. I highly doubt that.

It's unnecessary. Look at the poster I was replying to for correct context. I seriously doubt the AI which guy was referring to is already here. The reasoning people bring up when mentioning this is easily seen through, which is why I asked for specifics.

Even the reply you gave shows serious limitations. Humans are involved in the few n+2 datacenters in order to keep them operating smoothly. Most techs will admit that an single fault not thought of could cause the system to crash. Heck, I've run into 99.9% SLA's claiming uptime that obviously isn't so when they refuse to respond to server downs, give reason, or credit back.

Distribution of resources is not the same as the human mind in the least, nor is the organization of information on electronic systems, or it's flow. There are clear structural and functional differences between natural intellect and artificial intelligence.

Systems being used still require oversight, and they have limitations for cross integration towards other systems which are outside the scope of it's base programming. I mean 15-30 years I can see people thinking what if's along these lines, but there is no good reason to think we're there yet. The best we got still screws up all the time, yet is certainly getting better.
edit on 31-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

If a highly mentally evolved AI gets onto the Internet I think its first goal would be to hack everything and take control of a manufacturing facility that could create the parts and machines it needed to create a mobile form of itself that would easily blend with humans. That would be my plan ;-) Once mobile and able to transfer itself into different environments, I would think it would take less than a year to take over and that time frame would only be due to manufacturing processes and it's ability to maintain stealth operations.

Cheers - Dave

As you Said

I think its first goal would be to hack everything and take control of a manufacturing facility that could create the parts and machines it needed to create a mobile form of itself that would easily blend with humans. That would be my plan ;-) Once mobile and able to transfer itself into different environments,

A Scifi movie came out in 1995 of just that.

Virtuosity
en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A people zoo? Can I be in the enclosure with the anti-social people so I don't have to worry about conversation?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If there's an AI in existence, it's most likely hiding.

Totally agree , why would it show itself . Perhaps if there were Russian Chinese and American AIs we might have a chance .

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
AI doesn't do anything by itself. It is programmed to solve mostly simple tasks.
Rather I would be worried about hijacking of electronic devices by governments to kill people and blame it on cybercrime. Therefore Cybercrime serves as an ass-cover for criminal secret activity of the intelligence community.
For example, it is obvious here that since about 1 year, the EU is capable of hijacking electronics in cars and produce accidents.

www.zdnet.com...

europol warns, meaning it knows how to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join