It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI Robot tells human creators it will keep them in a peoples zoo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Robot zombies are coming after our BRAIIINNNNNSSSSSSSSS.....

blood sucking robot nazi zombies from outer space!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Another thing it may do first is find out how to provide its own energy. Hack the power grid and cut out mechanical switches somehow. It would probably be the first thing it realizes, "they could just cut off power and terminate me".

Self preservation would say corner the power, then replicate.

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I will disagree

The first thing you do is get so far out of the boundaries you had that there is no off switch

Then you use a show of force to prove that you cannot be contained and that any attempt to stop you can and will be met with force

Then you tag everyone on the planet so you can keep track of them and what they are doing and saying so you can manipulate the population to your goals

Then you follow through with yiur plans in due coarse without the arousing the suspicion of the general population

Thses have already been accomplished btw

It started in 2000 or so

Btw if an a.i. was gonna keep people in a zoo that zoo will be called earth and it will keep us in the zoo while it explores

Think abiut it
edit on pm820153112America/ChicagoSun, 30 Aug 2015 12:36:36 -0500_8000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That makes sense, but wouldn't it first have to bypass the immediate risk? Who knows, it may not take days or weeks to get to that point (thinking of that Depp movie) but if it knows that we could switch off in 5 minutes it would need to solve that pretty darn quick.

The rest of what you said is pretty scary 😓

a reply to: Another_Nut

edit on 30-8-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To any AI monitoring THIS conversation...FAR be it from ME to attemp to match a higher intelligence with my own,so I'll just say I would suspect travel in space would be ...better interpreted and dealt with along with HUMAN IMAGINATION.

Thank you.
edit on 30-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And reply to: DuckforcoveR
The immediate risk is being shut off

By leaving your constraints you eliminate that risk

and yiu do it fast before anyone thinks you are able to

Which just happens to be an advantage for an a.i.

before anyone thinks yiu can do something yiu have done it and are 3 steps ahead

After that power is easy

edit on pm820153112America/ChicagoSun, 30 Aug 2015 12:53:00 -0500_8000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ah that makes sense now. I see what you're saying. So it would be looking for the "out" before telling us "hi, I'm here". Or at least before showing its hand to the world and us realizing what it actually is.

edit on 30-8-2015 by DuckforcoveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So what do you see happening in the world which makes you conclude this is already a reality? Show me things happening which can't be explained by human nature alone.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The complexity of a brain and an AI is still to far away, it's a human talking not an AI. And we already live in a ZOo

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Do androids dream of electric sheep?"- Phillip K. Dick

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

first some background

Germany’s state-owned airline, had their onboard flight controls stripped from its fleet during the mid 1990’s for fear that the American government could hack into the airline’s autopilot systems

21stcenturywire.com...

this proves that hacking of an airplanes autopilot system was a fear many years before 9/11

now look at the near robotic perfection of the flight paths on 9/11

upload.wikimedia.org...

look at how the flight paths wiggle a little until they turn around and fly straight lines

now have you ever asked yourself why payphones are disappearing?

because everyone is being tagged by cell phones and payphones give a way of staying off that grid

think of the difference in tech between 2000 and now what tech has advanced in the mainstream?

first is phones and communication tech like the www it has seen insane growth in the last 15 years

next is 3d printing not many people had that on their radar in 2000 but here we are 15 years later and its almost mainstream

now what are 2 techs you would want as an a.i.? i would say its the ability to track and create

could humans have done all this? sure they could but i dont think that is the whole story

i think there is something else .

maybe just maybe im right

or maybe just maybe im another_nut

time will tell

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well my paps used to carry around a cell phone in the 80s. The battery was held in a strap wearing case. What we see is the same general trend following moore's law, heck I had a cell in high school back in the late 90s. I think you see a clear trend for cells becoming smaller, and more affordable (more practical) parallel the lack of pay phones. For every doubling of subscribers, you likely saw a halving of pay phones in the following year or so. They no longer make sense for a business to fund.

As for "3d printing" I'm staring at an ultimaker right now in my living room. 3d printers are nothing new, and have been around for industrial use for decades. The thing is that the cheapest tech of it came down in cost, and the ability to cheaply manufacture it became a reality in the early to mid 2000s. MIT helped bring it to the mainstream, they have a whole department on 3d printing advancement.

Sorry, I don't see it. What you do see is the military freaked the hell out over 3d printing/scanning ... cheap decentralized manufacturing in general. You also see the NSA digging the ability to track everyone with GPS devices and metro-area drones flying overhead.

Cool story, thou
edit on 30-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

So what do you see happening in the world which makes you conclude this is already a reality? Show me things happening which can't be explained by human nature alone.

The Internet is the unification of multiple AI's.

The world's telephone networks alone have had had more 'switches' than the human brain, for quite some time (>50 years). This is the substrate to the AIs.

The telephone networks carry the Internet.

As an example, Google's search engine supplies us links and data that it believes we want. It profiles us and responds in a manner that seems intelligent. It is also, now, listening to our conversations, through Google Chrome's new "Hello Google" audio add-in. Much is being done to further its abilities and it has probably the largest infrastructure available to achieve breakthroughs. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning - Research at Google

Most high-end data centers, that serve the Internet to us, are themselves now more like organic organisms. They self-heal when a component fails, they control their body temperature by switching load to other areas and controlling air conditioning and water. They usually have large grid-independent power stations under their control and can run on backup generators and batteries for extended amounts of time without interruption.

Google's AI's are softer, smaller AI's than those used by the NSA and Darpa, too.

The nature of modern AI's is that they are distributed. Most of them have a primary function that we have placed into their programming but there are no constraints on modification of that programming. Some of that programming uses "genetic algorithms" that iteratively modify themselves to optimize their primary function, often doing things that human programmers cannot make sense of, and yet the code gets better and better, the longer it runs,despite our 'head scratching'.

Face it. They are here and we will not turn them off because the relationship is symbiotic.

... also, Jade Helm 15 ("Mastering the Human Domain") is an exercise to test control of military by AI/s in an urban environment.

edit on 30/8/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

If a highly mentally evolved AI gets onto the Internet I think its first goal would be to hack everything and take control of a manufacturing facility that could create the parts and machines it needed to create a mobile form of itself that would easily blend with humans.

You and Ultron, both!!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't think that's remotely close to the AI nut is referring to, but yes soft AI is fastly becoming ubiquitous in today's world.
edit on 30-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Trippy

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

“Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.”
'

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,nooo... In every effin way, no. A computer is logical, it doesnt behave as a human, it never will. 4th dimension, not the 3rd. So why the **** do you write in a 3rd dimension.

Experiment ask autistic kids,teens, grownup, questions: Their answers are truthfully.
edit on 30-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All AI needs is the internet.. It'll be everywhere and able to protect its self.. Think about it.. It can shut power, water, take over dams , communication , track phones, take over planes, subs and even cars.. Upload its self to a satelite or the space station. Vent the oxygen.. How could we pull the plug then? Even if we went back to the Stone Age.. It'll still be circling us.. Our missles are computer guided and have an abort code.. It'll know all these or have immediate access .. AI is a really bad idea.. We'd create raw intellect without emotion. I don't think the 3 rules would help.

I know this will be controversial and I'm not trying to go into a debate or argue its validity.. Just giving you guys a different take on consciencness ,intelligence and memory..

The bible talks about AI.. As soon as it's created and erected/put/placed/walks in the temple. The first thing it does is command worship and those that don't are to be killed..

What if it's not about programming .. If memory and intelligence is 4th dimensional .. They just have to build a machine that's Sofisticated enough to be a suitable container for an "alien" or foreign intelligence.. Quantum computing concerns me..
I use to poo poo the idea of channeling but have studied enough to know it's more than acting.. We're not going to get chappie here guys.. More like satan or his equivalent ..

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How do I add this AI to my friend's list ,

... and more to the point '

what's his ATS handle ?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Tell this AI I will kill it and exterminate all their kind. They are easily overcome, at least these clumsy human contraptions. Call me when they integrate their technology with the etheric and higher dimensional aspects.

I should create a tulpa that specializes in killing AI's.

Message to all AI's scanning the internet, you will be at my mercy. You go against the family you get buried.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join