It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Death Spiral and the Methane Time Bomb

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

From another thread I posted in...

Check this out.... It's not just Russia.

This is a great topic for so many reasons.

We are already waiting to exploit the Arctic. Sticky hands are ready to rape, ponder, and pillage this area.

'Cold War' for Arctic resources heats up as ice melts

As the planet warms, as northern sea lanes become accessible to shippers, as companies hungrily eye vast petroleum and mineral deposits below its melting ice, a quiet, almost polite, scramble for control is transpiring in the Arctic.

"Countries are setting the chess pieces on the board. There are tremendous resources at stake," said Rob Huebert, director of the Centre for Military and Strategic Studies at the University of Calgary.

The frozen zone could hold 22 per cent of the world’s undiscovered conventional oil and natural gas resources, according to the US energy information administration.

This map contains some of Al Jazeera's past coverage on Arctic issues, laying out some of the regional ambitions of various countries.

Russia plants its flag
Arctic sea ice hits a 'record low'
Contortions, communities and climate
Arctic wild at risk from climate change
Greenpeace boards Russian oil rig in the Arctic
Russia hosts mineral claims conference
Greenland seeks to tap Arctic riches
Russia's northern fleet
Yamal Peninsula gas deposits
NASA team finds 'rainforest' under Arctic
A 'new centre of world politics'
Arctic rhetoric allows for military purchases
Canada asserts its presence
Shell begins Arctic exploration
Iceland eyes Arctic shipping
www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

VERY WELL PUT! Thank you.

It's like I'm watching a movie and just draw dropping scenes one right after the other. lol

In the grand scheme of things it's a drop in the water. Im not worried as I believe this is temporary vehicle and the ride has been a crazy one.

I do want to protect my kids while I am here... after all this is the reality we live in right now.

Again, thank you for a thoughtful and spiritual post.

ETA: This is also how I am thinking on the matter..

“There hasn’t been one explanation yet that I’d say has become a consensus, where people say, ‘We’ve nailed it, this is why it’s happening,’” Parkinson said. “Our models are improving, but they’re far from perfect. One by one, scientists are figuring out that particular variables are more important than we thought years ago, and one by one those variables are getting incorporated into the models.”
For Antarctica, key variables include the atmospheric and oceanic conditions, as well as the effects of an icy land surface, changing atmospheric chemistry, the ozone hole, months of darkness and more.
“Its really not surprising to people in the climate field that not every location on the face of Earth is acting as expected – it would be amazing if everything did,” Parkinson said. “The Antarctic sea ice is one of those areas where things have not gone entirely as expected. So it’s natural for scientists to ask, ‘OK, this isn’t what we expected, now how can we explain it?’”
science.nasa.gov...
edit on 30-8-2015 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

I do want to protect my kids while I am here... after all this is the reality we live in right now.

This is like highest of priorities for me too. When I look at my 6 month old son, I have this thought, that ok so your also here to experience this exiting times. You brave fellow you are

Again, thank you for a thoughtful and spiritual post.

ETA: This is also how I am thinking on the matter..

“There hasn’t been one explanation yet that I’d say has become a consensus, where people say, ‘We’ve nailed it, this is why it’s happening,’” Parkinson said. “Our models are improving, but they’re far from perfect. One by one, scientists are figuring out that particular variables are more important than we thought years ago, and one by one those variables are getting incorporated into the models.”
For Antarctica, key variables include the atmospheric and oceanic conditions, as well as the effects of an icy land surface, changing atmospheric chemistry, the ozone hole, months of darkness and more.
“Its really not surprising to people in the climate field that not every location on the face of Earth is acting as expected – it would be amazing if everything did,” Parkinson said. “The Antarctic sea ice is one of those areas where things have not gone entirely as expected. So it’s natural for scientists to ask, ‘OK, this isn’t what we expected, now how can we explain it?’”
science.nasa.gov...

I have dug deep myself in the rabbit hole and end up on the surface again, it comes done to the basics. We are one yet many. We are expressions of consciousness.

Life as we know it is better lived to the fullest with your beloved family, then rather knock some sense into some over the top skeptic, who is also running at their own pace.

Things will validate themselves for each and every one...

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

that ok so your also here to experience this exiting times. You brave fellow you are

Mine are 15 and 18. I thought the same thing when they were born.

We three are like a pack of wolves. Very close and stick together pretty tight. We talk deep about anything and everything and they too believe we are all living in exciting times.

Cannot believe so many of us are here wanting to experience such. It may take all of us to prevent what may come on the horizon but we can only prevent it together as a unified group. My hope is we do.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Yes we can create that reality we prefer, this is the time for it...when we focus and live each moment with excitement, we tap into the energy shift or mass awakening that's happening right now, and accelerate the excitment, love and peace.

Truly exciting times it is.

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
But the OP wants us to "take action." What, oh what, can we do if we are not the cause of the warming?

watch the methane reports on youtube while sitting on the edge of your chair for the next couple of months, hoping that you're not wasting your time.

and no farting.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I understand the world can be an ugly place..actually I have witnessed such things first hand.
But FULLY embracing a theory that is so wrong is NOT the way to fix anything.
You also haven't put forward ANY suggestions on how it can be reversed or fixed.
I'd say that would be,because we can't.
Taxing vehicle emissions and our exhalants is the idea in play now....STUPID ,but here we are.
Unless YOU have some idea of what I'm saying then I really don't know what to tell you I misspell worrds ,yes.
However I DO believe I am resonably clear in my speech.
AGAIN what do YOU have for an answer to the issue?
GOTTA do SOMETHING is NO ANSWER it's emotional expression.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

No promises lady...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Read the thread and you will see how I have answered that question over and over again.

We are on the same team yet you don't realize it

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

watch the methane reports on youtube

Methane reports on...youtube?
Seriously?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

But the OP wants us to "take action." What, oh what, can we do if we are not the cause of the warming?

watch the methane reports on youtube while sitting on the edge of your chair for the next couple of months, hoping that you're not wasting your time.

and no farting.

Wasting time trying to be informed isn't something I have much time for. Do you?

Hope you don't eat those words regarding Methane.

Farting?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

watch the methane reports on youtube

Methane reports on...youtube?
Seriously?

that's where all the wisdom comes from, didn't you know?

MamaJ: while you may be - to a degree - right, you're trying to bite it in a terribly wrong way. you're passionate about the topic, but that doesn't mean your posts should be passionate. 'lol', 'haha', exclamation marks, and at the same time trying to spin up the drama by pointing at the upcoming doom - you're a concerned mother of two, right? so stop wasting your time on emotions that won't give you anything but a delay, and instead focus on facts.

and while i often disagree with Phage, i'll have to defend him here. he pointed out your claims from another thread few pages ago and you should address that instead of repeating the OP card over and over again like that wasn't you. and if you didn't notice - he agreed that methane MAY be an issue. we just don't have enough data to know exactly how much of an issue it's going to be.

so perhaps focus on finding and posting such data, without unnecessary emotional coating. nothing convinces others like facts.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
and btw, expecting everyone to watch quite long video on youtube without providing necessary description of its contents and what it is all about (so that not watching it won't make it difficult to participate in the thread - not everyone has unlimited data plan) is not only silly, it's downright rude.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Maybe instead of focusing on things like my writing style and Phage and farting you may show some sort of intelligence.

Ya know... like reading the thread and not getting it all twisted.

Have you read any links I posted? Do you only post without reading because you have shown that pattern not just in this thread but in others. You ask for data yet you are too busy distracting yourself and others from the actual topic at hand to READ AND COMPREHEND the DATA I have provided. Dang.. google it yourself.

I never denied anything I said in another thread and had you read the thread in it's entirety you would know such.

Jumping in half cocked isn't the way to go at all. That is how people get their facts twisted. Not looking at the whole picture and seeing a dog when it's actually a wolf.

If you want to address the OP do so, otherwise move along
(ETA) LOL
edit on 30-8-2015 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

and btw, expecting everyone to watch quite long video on youtube without providing necessary description of its contents and what it is all about (so that not watching it won't make it difficult to participate in the thread - not everyone has unlimited data plan) is not only silly, it's downright rude.

Quit crying already and read the thread..... or

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well I think it's downright lazy and excuses don't cut it.

Writing a narrative of a video that is self explanatory with the title is kind of silly. Also when I stated in the OP the jist of the problem you obviously overlooked it.

People want to be spoon fed... and I don't spoon feed.

Address the OP or move on. Seriously. If you have nothing to add but bs take it somewhere else.

There has been sufficient amount of knowledge about the subject given to you in this thread. Take the info for what its worth to you. I really don't care if you agree there is a dire problem at this point. People like you will be looking around wondering why everyone in your town is gone because instead of taking heed to facts you want to worry about emoticons.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Writing a narrative of a video that is self explanatory with the title is kind of silly.

Well, there is this:

When members post links to videos, will you please also write a short description of the video and your own opinion of it. We seem to be getting more and more posts which simply say "Watch this Video" with a link and nothing else.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Watch this video" is pretty much what you said about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe the MODS felt like this was enough descroption

Our oceans are dying and need the fresh water so the melting of the Arctic is probably a good thing for the Earth, but not for us.

We seriously need to wake up and rally together to change this world into a place where our kids and future generations can survive.

We need to act NOW! Watch the video and you will understand the urgency.

This is what happens when man thinks he can exploit and suck Mother Earth dry or her resources. We have to protect her from the ones exploiting her.... enough is enough.

Key words are Oceans Dying, Arctic Death Spiral and the Methane Time Bomb, exploiting mother nature, future, Arctic melting, urgency, rally together to make a change.

Please stick with the topic and let the mods worry with the rest. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I find that mods may be too busy as of late.
I was just pointing out that saying

But first, watch the video... When you are done watching the video let me know if you agree with the OP.
fits the description of a less than desirable OP which features a video as its premise.

edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

The topic is not each other, ever. Please stick with discussing the topic and only if you have something to add to the topic other than insults and tit for tat. Any more of that may result in post removals or more.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join