It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Death Spiral and the Methane Time Bomb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
you people who keep using the word "we" are deluded philosophers. YOU and ME have Very Little almost ZERO ability to change anything in the "elected" government once the Dullards have begun their Term of subservience to the Criminal Bankers. "we" have to abide by what "they" say and do. period. until the next rigged election of idiots - got it ? in uk even the Cabinet of Ministers are mostly just puppets to the ONE human out of 60 million who COULD actually Do anything about anything. thats what is called DE MOCKRACY (sic). forget about "we" - its a joke. Prison Planet is the reality, and "god" is the Tyrant Reptile running it - invisibly to you,,,,

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ
Wouldn't it be funny if we followed these suggestions and spent trillions of dollars to deal with CO2 and then found out global warming was caused by desertification? Desert areas are also on the increase, just like CO2. They increase heating just like CO2. But deserts are rather easier to fix, no trillions needed.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

We need science to address climate, not woo-woo.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

edit on 30/8/15 by MasterKaman because: duplicate

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There's no wiggle room in this conspiracy .
I believe AGW was a runaway train but there's a
3rd component a growing number of scientists
are taking into account. The Sun.
No where is it mentioned in the
doc that the Antartic currently has more ice than ever in satellite data history.
and I understand the difference between climate and weather.

It is much more complicated than what even the IPCC
gives us. IMO Humans were heating the planet and then our
(perhaps sentient, you don't know) Sun backed down the heat.

So much so that the Royal Astronomical Society admits we are
in an already underway mini ice age (that middle word is the important bit)
with Solar Activity down by 60% in less than 15 short years .
(yeah 60% look it up, activity is not output)
www.sciencedaily.com...

All in all we don't know. All cards are on the table. Sea level rise ? Maybe not.
One thing is for sure, as far as Earth is concerned our Sun is the BOSS.
And less solar storms and less magnetic mixing will cool it off.
If you held a temperature gun on a lightbulb took a reading and then
reduced the electricity output to the bulb are you going to get more heat ?

Tricky times indeed. Regardless we need to clean up our act because if the Sun hadn't stepped
in at exactly the right time we could have ordered precooked shrimp directly from
the Gulf of Mexico. However now, if you live in Chicago or Minneapolis you have already
thought about moving south because of the last two winters. Yeah you have...
and mark my words winter this year will be even colder for that area.

It's on folks and it's gonna get interesting. Big Oil vs People vs Environment vs The SUN.
Without question the Sun as strongest factor. CC deniers and the IPCC are both right
and wrong.
edit on 30-8-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

edit on 30-8-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: too many So's

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I draw comfort from the knowledge that plants the world over, from the largest tree to the smallest lichen, need CO2, just like humans need Oxygen, more CO2, more plant growth, especially food plants, more food plants, more food, win-win for human food.

QI on BBC America stated that volcanic activity has gone up 300% in the last 2,000 years, can some please tell the volcanoes to stop it? as they produce methane and CO2, not just us humans.

Greenland, in 'Viking times' was called that because it was GREEN, presumably not covered in ice, so the world was warmer then?

Greenhouse growers know plants need CO2, in America they install methane burners in the greenhouses to produce CO2 for the plants.

Why is it, in June 2015, there are piles of snow still waiting to melt in Buffalo, NY, and also snow in Scotland?
Plus a fall of snow in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, at the end of August? (2015)

No snow was waiting to melt in Buffalo NY in June. Not even in May. Maybe the beginning of April.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Antarctic Sea Ice Takes Over More Of The Ocean Than Ever Before

interesting...

Looks like global cooling in the south..

From your source "And so, there is increased fresh water because of the melting land ice – due to climate change. There is a fundamental difference between sea ice and land ice. Antarctic land ice is the ice which has accumulated over thousands of years on the Antarctica landmass through snowfall. Antarctic sea ice is entirely different as it is ice which forms in salt water during the winter and almost entirely melts again in the summer.Importantly, when land ice melts and flows into the oceans global sea levels rise on average; when sea ice melts sea levels do not change measurably but other parts of the climate system are affected, like increased absorption of solar energy by the darker oceans."

Climate change there, leading to rising water levels and absorption of heat elsewhere.

This link is a little newer Nasa and shows land ice losses in Antarctica and Greenland. Billions of metric tons a year since 2002.
edit on 30-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Antarctic Sea Ice Takes Over More Of The Ocean Than Ever Before

interesting...

Looks like global cooling in the south..

What are you blithering about. The land ice is kilometres thick and thinning (this would cubic kilometres of ice) whereas the sea ice extension is at best metres and is an area of ice spreading due to weather. The volume loss in cubic kilometres is vastly greater than the thin sea ice expansion. Just to remind you that ice is fresh water. Have a wee think about volume vs area fresh vs salt weather vs climate.......honestly how many times does this have to be stated !!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Why is it, in June 2015, there are piles of snow still waiting to melt in Buffalo, NY, and also snow in Scotland?
Plus a fall of snow in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, at the end of August? (2015)

You are describing weather aided by a chnage in the jet stream. The jury is still out on link between gw and jet stream changes. As for Scotland well i live here and trust me the snow and ice has changed significantly in 35 years. No way in hell in the 70-80s would i go outside in winter in shirtsleeves. Today, not a problem except for getting very wet.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Gothmog

Read up on it from geologists , a true science . Unlike climatologists .

Geology=science
Climatology=science
Scientology= Not science
Phrenology= Not science

You should get your science/not science catalog backed up.
edit on 30-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StanFL

Well the US is broke so forget spending trillions on anything. lol

I am not sure we have time to worry with a cause now.

Maybe it is from the Ocean's being polluted?

It could be more reasons than one we are experiencing a runaway.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

We need science to address climate, not woo-woo.

Woo Woo? haha open your mind a little. That word is so overplayed... it's so old and sounds as stupid.

People like you remind me there are people out there whose religion is science. You too cannot think for yourself.

The video is science yet you ignore it?? Did you watch it? No. You just see a Mediums name and jump ship. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well good thing I'm not talking about global warming in my OP.

The video isn't all about global warming...oceans warming and rising.

"Global Warning" maybe.

The video is about the release of Methane as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Yeah you are not going to get an argument from me regarding the Sun being a factor as a causation.

I'm leaning toward there being multiple causes as well but the point of the OP is there isn't any time.

I hope there is more time and the main reason why I think people should really watch this video and or at least keep an eye on your waters and ice. When the oceans rise it could be dramatic.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The action I have said to you on a few occasions now are the same. I have nothing else to add except the same rallying and coming together in front of representatives and not just a call as you suggest.

I think we can do anything as a collective. When we come together we make huge changes in our reality.

Just keep sitting on your hands and don't worry about our future generations.

Don't even worry about watching the video.
edit on 30-8-2015 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I actually am spiritual, I believe there's a benevolent and creative source out there that's undefinable but whatever it is it set things to work in specific ways... science. One doesn't need to be devoid of one to acknowledge the other. Mixing the two however doesn't serve either. Prophecy, magic, prayer won't help. Cutting GHG emissions will, we need science to figure out the best ways to do that.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I actually am spiritual, I believe there's a benevolent and creative source out there that's undefinable but whatever it is it set things to work in specific ways... science. One doesn't need to be devoid of one to acknowledge the other. Mixing the two however doesn't serve either. Prophecy, magic, prayer won't help. Cutting GHG emissions will, we need science to figure out the best ways to do that.

While I respect your opinion I don't understand it.

Mixing will serve us, all we have to do is test it and see what happens. We cannot do it alone however we need the collective to change the course we are presently on.

Cutting the emissions isn't going to help as it is too late imo. Not to mention I really don't think it is the driving force behind the issue. We will not know until people come together and begin to commute or stop driving all together. How long will that take, ya know?

Frankly I am with the mind set as of this morning we need to get the word out and move to higher ground.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If GLOBAL WARMING occurs I hope it happens soon....
www.pbs.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hate fear-mongering, on ATS, it is used as easy as taking a breath of air. having said that, at the present rate of denial and ignorance, I feel that there will be massive climate changes within the next few decades. one of the most potent pieces of information that I have seen in numerous articles, is that scientists have been TOO conservative in the severity, and time frame regarding it....I am not worried about rising ocean levels, as much as I am worried about changes in the weather patterns. the results will be felt long before sea levels rise a few feet. food shortages and fresh water shortages in populated areas will cause unrest to say the least, and migrations and deadly conflicts at it's worse.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I hate fear-mongering, on ATS, it is used as easy as taking a breath of air. having said that, at the present rate of denial and ignorance, I feel that there will be massive climate changes within the next few decades. one of the most potent pieces of information that I have seen in numerous articles, is that scientists have been TOO conservative in the severity, and time frame regarding it....I am not worried about rising ocean levels, as much as I am worried about changes in the weather patterns. the results will be felt long before sea levels rise a few feet. food shortages and fresh water shortages in populated areas will cause unrest to say the least, and migrations and deadly conflicts at it's worse.

This is fear mongering.... please watch the video. This is the real deal.

You should worry about oceanic warming and the rise of it as the waters will cover land. If it is the land you live on you will eat the words above.

There are already massive climate changes going on. Scientists have been too conservative as Im sure they dont want to "fear monger". They may not even care as long as they have a place to go. It will help depopulate.

Sea rise may happen in the next year. THEY DONT KNOW.

Methane being released is really the most concerning.

Im not talking out the side of my neck here... wish I was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join