It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99 Ways to Annoy an Atheist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

which part of the biblical account? this is what i'm trying to narrow down.
if you want a story to make you scratch your head:

the philistines stole the ark of the covenant. how did they know what to wear to keep from getting that nasty static electricity jolt? but even more perplexing the text claims the ark gave them hemorrhoids. i'm not kidding lol
so they made (get ready for this), little gold molds of their hemorrhoids and gave them and the ark back to the israelites.
lol

somebody goofed on translation.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

You mean the flood sent down by a god? the father of jesus? who is in fact also jesus?

No yeah that's totally different.

Look I don't believe in all that - not my fight.
But there was a flood in our history, there actually was, and just because it's in the Bible which is full of a lot of nonsense, does not discount every historical, natural and geographical reference.

But whatever man

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

oh how about the wormhole opening in space in ezekiel chapter 1?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

Well exactly..I always thought Ezekiel was the description of a UFO encounter or something like that, but I suppose portal/wormhole works too.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Well exactly..I always thought Ezekiel was the description of a UFO encounter or something like that, but I suppose portal/wormhole works too.

well yeah, the cherubim = four constellations x four. so you had 16 possible combinations. they exit the wormhole first, as if to say, this is the gate address. when i read that i was amazed at how much it sounded like stargate. next comes the big kahuna on his flying whatamacallit.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

I always thought Ezekiel's vision was the result of a mushroom trip, from eating bread made with cow dung, which is where magic mushrooms grow.

Ezekiel 4
And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.

13 And the Lord said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.

14 Then said I, Ah Lord God! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.

15 Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.

edit on 30-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
In this thread you say you wouldn't vote for an athiest president, because you believe in God.www.abovetopsecret.com... so you are religious why say in this thread your not?

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would not vote for someone that doesn't believe in God as they would not represent me. I don't care too much about which religion or no religion as long as there is a belief in a prime mover or God. I would not trust an Atheist.

Believing in God and having a religion are two different things. I say I am not religious because I don't belong to a religion. I have never said I don't believe in a God in some form.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why is it so important that everyone adhere to the religious fiction you created in your brain. It is your monster, not mine!

edit on 30-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I could be guilty of assuming but it does seem like the point undo is making is that that since the places are real and there is other stories of a flood that must mean that the bible is correct and the true word.

Which is a stretch if that is the point.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Having other stories of a flood could mean there were independent observations, confirming one another, or it could mean there was just plagiarism from one culture to another.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

None of that annoyed me, in fact I chuckled at how close it is to some of the many irrational arguments those with blind faith come out with on ATS.
I do not believe in any gods/religions/spirituality from Abrahamic to Zoroastrian and everything in between, including pixies, souls, karma, and ghosts. You name the unverifiable thing and I'll tell you I don't believe in it.
Label me as you wish, but the list in the OP just makes me think how ridiculous the arguments of the average 'believer' are lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Why is it so important that everyone adhere to the religious fiction you created in your brain. It is your monster, not mine!

I agree in the sense that adherence to a particular religious dogma is not beneficial to spiritual growth in the long run, however, to cut yourself off from God or the Force or whatever you wish to call it completely is foolish and damn lonely. I do pity people that don't feel that connection to something greater than themselves. Someone who feels that connection is not an Atheist even if they might call themselves one.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

None of that annoyed me, in fact I chuckled at how close it is to some of the many irrational arguments those with blind faith come out with on ATS.
I do not believe in any gods/religions/spirituality from Abrahamic to Zoroastrian and everything in between, including pixies, souls, karma, and ghosts. You name the unverifiable thing and I'll tell you I don't believe in it.
Label me as you wish, but the list in the OP just makes me think how ridiculous the arguments of the average 'believer' are lol.

Well it was meant to be funny so I am glad!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

hasnt anyone ever told you trolling isnt cool?

edit on 30-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Well it was meant to be funny so I am glad!

Yep, genuine chuckles happened here in my soulless non-believing little corner of SW England.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yet there is only one way to annoy a devotee.

Ask them why they have never met or spoken to God, then you get 99 excuses.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

They got 99 problems but their faith ain't one.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I could be guilty of assuming but it does seem like the point undo is making is that that since the places are real and there is other stories of a flood that must mean that the bible is correct and the true word.

Which is a stretch if that is the point.

There are many cultures that tell of a deluge, some of which could precede the biblical tale. The bible is not the ultimate authority.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Of course they may have spoken to God, but such a meeting rarely leaves any concrete proof. Only the individuals belief is strengthened by such a meeting and I would imagine they are left better for it.

I prefer to put my energy into possibilities instead of dogmas or vacuums. This is one of the reasons I have a belief in God, but no religion.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

I agree in the sense that adherence to a particular religious dogma is not beneficial to spiritual growth in the long run, however, to cut yourself off from God or the Force or whatever you wish to call it completely is foolish and damn lonely. I do pity people that don't feel that connection to something greater than themselves. Someone who feels that connection is not an Atheist even if they might call themselves one.

yeah...spiritual my ass. dont hijack spirituality to use as a mask for your arrogance.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join