It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99 Ways to Annoy an Atheist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think this topic title should have been "99 steps a christian can win an argument against atheists".

Can't forget the big one..... there are no atheists in foxholes.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

fine. i will sit here and pretend i don't know any of the stuff that i do know and that will suddenly make me a genius

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i don't see why it's so hard to believe the biblical account is historical since all the places it mentions, actually existed (like the land of shinar (sumer)).

New York exists, that doesn't mean Spiderman is real...

edit on 30-8-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

i don't see why it's so hard to believe the biblical account is historical since all the places it mentions, actually existed (like the land of shinar (sumer)).

that would count as a good rebuttal if it wasn't a strawman.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
hang on, i'm going to misquote a famous document and pretend that it is evidence of my brilliance

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

that would count as a good rebuttal if it wasn't a strawman.

See this is the type of thing I was talking about....the type of thing that makes you sound like an i***t

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

you mean you don't think shinar was sumer? i mean the original critical texts that suggested the biblical account wasn't historical, claimed things like shinar didn't exist. that is, till it was dug up from under 8 ft of flood silt.
edit on 30-8-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

i was on the dean's list and president's list in college. i can semi-speak three languages and translate a couple more (without babelfish). i enjoy science (particularly natural medicine and astronomy), ancient history, comparative religion, art, music, and etymology. ancient egypt is particularly interesting to me. i can read, write and spell, raised three children and breast fed them. i can cook, clean, pay bills, operate machinery, mow and trim a lawn, wash and detail a car, and (pay attention: i can actually understand the king james version of the bible. hehe). i have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a bird. i am not an idiot. but i am a christian.

Who said that ALL Christians are stupid?
If they did then they're ignorant and moronic.
Why do you feel the need to tell people all of that...?

Unless you are a militant, judgemental, zealot, bigoted Christian who makes gay bashing thread or goes out of their way to bash minorities or atheists or tells people what Jesus thinks or feels on a topic etc etc.... then you're not being attacked or mentioned in the same breath as those the list in the OP refers to.

I don't see your point at all?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

See this is the type of thing I was talking about....the type of thing that makes you sound like an i***t

Not being funny but Undo is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here regarding ancient civs and history.
I don't think ridiculing her when you probably don't know what you're talking about is a wise thing to do.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

aww thanks blupblup.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

aww thanks blupblup.

You're welcome mate, you know "Stargates Are Real" is like my fav thread on here

You're a great poster and people should have some respect.
It's one thing to attack militant crazy religious nutjobs, but blanket statements about ALL Christians is just ignorant and pointless.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

eek, how nice. you earned your bat ears today!
like swoop in and save the day and stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

you mean you don't think shinar was sumer? i mean the original critical texts that suggested the biblical account wasn't historical, claimed things like shinar didn't exist. that is, till it was dug up from under 8 ft of flood silt.

I'll spell it out for you then......whether or not the places mentioned in the 'biblical account' existed is irrelevant in regards to the accuracy of the 'biblical account'.

That they existed isn't in any way evidence that the god-jesus character existed, just like the fact that New York exists isn't enough of a reason to believe Spiderman exists...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Not being funny but Undo is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here regarding ancient civs and history.
I don't think ridiculing her when you probably don't know what you're talking about is a wise thing to do.

Hey the proof is in the pudding....

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hey the proof is in the pudding....

But where is she saying Jesus was the son of god and performed miracles?
Pretty sure she's not... the flood mentioned in the Bible pre-dates the bible and goes back to Atra-Hasis and Gilgamesh.
Just because the stuff about Jesus' miracles is crap, doesn't mean that places, references to natural events etc is.

It's not difficult.

edit on 30/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

1. Ask her why they are bitter against God.

So, you're basing all of this off of an assumption?

Have you actually asked me what I believe? Or if I am bitter towards god?

You might as well be asking me if I am bitter towards a rock.

Or towards the Easter Bunny.

Frankly for anyone to be bitter against God, a rock, or the Easter Bunny....they need help.

So, sorry. It's not funny. It's just sort of sad, really.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

okay so, if the places mentioned existed, why wouldn't the people exist ? and if the people existed, we are finally down to your strawman. your strawman assumes you actually know what i believe on the subject. but strawman is wrong, apparently. for example, if the creation account is not a first creation but a re-creation after a cataclysm, and if it's not a re-creation of the universe, but rather of lifeforms on this planet from PRIOR lifeforms, all i have told you so far is this strawman guy is a pretty smart scientist. hehe

oh wait. scientists don't exist. my bad. carry on.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Buy where is she saying Jesus was the son of god and performed miracles?
Pretty sure she's not...

She's a christian isn't she? I mean I know there are 45,000+ different denominations all with incompatible beliefs that range quite wildly, but i'm sure that's what is being claimed when she said 'biblical account'.

the flood mentioned in the Bible pre-dates the bible and goes back to Atra-Hasis and Gilgamesh.
Just because the stuff about Jesus' miracles is crap, doesn't mean that places, references to natural events etc is.

It's not difficult.

You mean the flood sent down by a god? the father of jesus? who is in fact also jesus?

No yeah that's totally different.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

oh, i think jesus was enki-redux

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

okay so, if the places mentioned existed, why wouldn't the people exist ? and if the people existed, we are finally down to your strawman. your strawman assumes you actually know what i believe on the subject. but strawman is wrong, apparently.

People existing in ancient times isn't in question....by anybody?...

The 'biblical account' however....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join