It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99 Ways to Annoy an Atheist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

do you really think constantly calling people stupid will suddenly make them smart? it actually has the opposite effect, in case you were wondering.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Calling people stupid makes them stupid?

a reply to: undo

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ooooh it burns it burns!.....

Was that list compiled in a sunday school class? Lol

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You absolutely butchered the word curious, several times.

What label would you label yourself?

I don't stick labels my friend, I just observe the ones in place.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
This is really funny!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
First, I do apologize for my link leading to a Facebook post. I truly despise Facebook and to a lesser extent all social media and I know many of you don't have an account.
!

non facebook source, www.nairaland.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
These are really funny because just about every one of them is demonstrated in threads here by Christians.

2. Tell her that if there's no God, they might as well go out and kill people
4. Be utterly adamant that creation/intelligent design is
a "science" while pointing out that evolution is "just a theory".

11. Tell them that the universe is too complex to "just exist," and must have been created by a God who "just exists.
12. Use the fact that the Atheist can't fully explain to you how the universe was formed as evidence that god done it.
13. Don't worry about details such as the logistics involved with Noah's ark, how the human race came from two people without incest or why the bible contradicts itself so often.
29. Insist that the Bible is meant to be taken literally — all except that verse they just showed you.
47. State that Christianity has done a lot of good along with all the mass murder.
49. Offer inane apologetics books in the hopes that they haven't heard the arguments in them a thousand times already.
58. Tell them it's his responsibility to prove that God doesn't exist
60. Explain that Buddha's last words were "Jesus, forgive me."
61. …and tell them that you were "saved" when you heard that story.
62. …and when they explain that Buddha died 500 years before Jesus was born, give them a blank look.
63. Say that God can't reveal himself with any real proof, because that would remove the need for faith.

These are the most common though.

23. Repeat something over and over, as if that made it true.
24. Repeat something over and over, as if that made it true.
25. Repeat something over and over, as if that made it true.

Honestly though this list doesn't seem to be a dig at Atheists it looks to me like some Atheists compiled the inane arguments that are often presented by Theists.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: blupblup

do you really think constantly calling people stupid will suddenly make them smart? it actually has the opposite effect, in case you were wondering.

I very rarely call anyone stupid and have no issue with any one group of people, religious or otherwise, but as I said, there are many trolls on here who literally answer everything in the same manner as the "list" in the OP.
Trolls are stupid IMHO.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I hate labels. Everyone is so programmed from early on to label people, to classify them, grade them, thats why you went to grade school and took classes.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

13. Don't worry about details such as the logistics involved with Noah's ark, how the human race came from two people without incest or why the bible contradicts itself so often.

if you actually read what it said (and if the people that claim all the animals were on the ark, actually read it), you'd see that's not what it actually says.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Calling people stupid makes them stupid?

yes, it's a negative psychological operation in that it can actually cause people to lose faith in themselves, but they'll still have faith in a higher power. this is why you aren't supposed to call your children dumb, idiotic, stupid and so on, because it can mangle their view of themselves and cause them to have psychological problems.
edit on 30-8-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

7. Explain that any biblical passages you agree with are "the word of god" while at the same time dismissing any you disagree with as being "metaphorical" or "out-of-context".

29. Insist that the Bible is meant to be taken literally — all except that verse they just showed you.

49. Offer inane apologetics books in the hopes that they haven't heard the arguments in them a thousand times already.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i was on the dean's list and president's list in college. i can semi-speak three languages and translate a couple more (without babelfish). i enjoy science (particularly natural medicine and astronomy), ancient history, comparative religion, art, music, and etymology. ancient egypt is particularly interesting to me. i can read, write and spell, raised three children and breast fed them. i can cook, clean, pay bills, operate machinery, mow and trim a lawn, wash and detail a car, and (pay attention: i can actually understand the king james version of the bible. hehe). i have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a bird. i am not an idiot. but i am a christian.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This isn't a dating site.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This isn't a dating site.

i just want to help you realize that you're talking to a human being, like yourself. i'm not a stereotype, but i am an individual.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

7. Explain that any biblical passages you agree with are "the word of god" while at the same time dismissing any you disagree with as being "metaphorical" or "out-of-context".

read it. it says: 7 clean in pairs (14), 2 unclean in pairs (4) and 7 birds in pairs (14). that's 32 animals. i' m not kidding. read it. they are at least 3 authors of the flood account in the bible. there's 2 different floods mentioned, one of which wasn't global called the black sea flood, that was bad enough the farm animals had to be evacuated but not all the animals on the planet. the other of which was some kind of global catastrophe occuring much earlier in time. perhaps the event that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
You made me think a lot, so thanks. While I was in the shower, it occurred to me that it would be nice to see ATS be used for comprehension and understanding. I understand it's human nature to divide up into groups and battle, but it's also human nature to sit down and listen and learn. Perhaps in some future post, you could come up with all the ways that atheists and believers (of all kinds) can agree. It would be great if there were many more areas of agreement than disagreement. It would help to narrow the disagreement areas, and then see if they could be pared down to an irreducible minimum.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Fundamentalists and far right wing conservatives say these things to non atheists every day too. IThis is a funny post to read though!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

i was on the dean's list and president's list in college. i can semi-speak three languages and translate a couple more (without babelfish). i enjoy science (particularly natural medicine and astronomy), ancient history, comparative religion, art, music, and etymology. ancient egypt is particularly interesting to me. i can read, write and spell, raised three children and breast fed them. i can cook, clean, pay bills, operate machinery, mow and trim a lawn, wash and detail a car, and (pay attention: i can actually understand the king james version of the bible. hehe). i have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a bird. i am not an idiot. but i am a christian.

they are at least 3 authors of the flood account in the bible. there's 2 different floods mentioned, one of which wasn't global called the black sea flood, that was bad enough the farm animals had to be evacuated but not all the animals on the planet. the other of which was some kind of global catastrophe occuring much earlier in time. perhaps the event that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs

Perhaps being a christian just makes you just sound like one?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i don't see why it's so hard to believe the biblical account is historical since all the places it mentions, actually existed (like the land of shinar (sumer)). we know new life can be created multiple ways besides intercourse, such as artificial insemination and cloning. (i think it's a re-creation of life not a first creation anyway, since the pertinent verse (genesis 1:2 says the earth BECAME a void wasteland (translator error says "was a void wasteland". nope, the word there in hebrew is "became"). we know there was a nasty (but not global flood) that occured in the same timeline, which is also described in the atrahasis epic (an akkadian text), the enuma elish (early babylonian text) and the epic of gilgamesh (a late babylonian text). not to mention what sounds to be a flood account in the ancient egyptian text "The legend of the destruction of mankind."

there's evidence coming out that human skeletons dating back hundreds of thousands of years, have been found and one that was said to be a million+ years old. people do build boats. that is not unbelievable. the king would save the royal barnyard from a flood if he knew it was coming, by putting it on a boat, i mean where else is he gonna put them?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join