It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian D0228 crashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A D0228, callsign NAF030, crashed into a house shortly after takeoff from the Kaduna military airfield. The aircraft was bound for Aduja, carrying 7 passengers and crew. There were no survivors on board the aircraft. No injuries were reported on the ground.

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has set up a panel to investigate circumstances surrounding the crash of Nigerian Air Force Dornier-228 aircraft.
This is contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Saturday by the Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF Headquarters, Air Commodore Dele Alonge.
According to the statement, the panel is headed by an Air Vice Marshal.
The statement said the chief of air staff has aborted his official trip to Port Harcourt and would visit the crash site and families of some of the deceased personnel.

pulse.ng...

The aircraft was MSN 8219 and first flew in 1993.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on 29-8-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

edit on 29-8-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Was anyone of interest on-board this flight?

That is the real question, is it not?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

No. It was just a routine move between bases, with a few people transferring or going there for other reasons. No one important was on it.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of a bigger version of the GAC Nomad....

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

That is the real question, is it not?

Not really. No.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Its probably borderline racism so feel free to cull this but I really do not link Nigeria with Aircraft Safety or pilot skill.

Although the box pictured looks like it has the Aerodynamics of a Lego Brick, I do like the idea of a Square airframe providing maximum utilisation of space, and a simple overhead wing with a coupe of engines..its simple and functional and I imagine drones...

Whilst I doff the hat of condolence, I wonder this....

Will there ever be a fleet of Transport Aircraft based around the ISO Pallet....Australia Military Vehicles and Ships are based on the Container, a Half Container for a 4x4 medical / resupply / transport. A ship that can take accommodation pallets etc. All of which can be transported by train. Next step could be like that helicopter with its middle bit missing or a 4 rotor mansize UAV that can list a half container in its middle....

Ive gone completely off topic.

join