It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anchor baby: a tale of hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I don't know what's cryptic about it. My family came here in despair. We bleed and sweat like the rest. Work our asses off, pay our taxes, and at the end of the day are just as American as some schlock who speaks in lol's and omg's.

Nothing cryptic. I'm a blonde hair, blue eyed business owner with a half Mexican child. My daughter has a grandmother in france and Mexico, and anybody who uses "anchor baby" in a derogatory manor should take a citizenship test next to her. She's 4, speaks 3 languages and is starting 2nd grade next year... She's an anchor of this country alright. No different than the thousands of Chinese people who built the "pride and joy of América" intercontinental railroad.

a reply to: TsukiLunar

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
I don't know what's cryptic about it. My family came here in despair. We bleed and sweat like the rest. Work our asses off, pay our taxes, and at the end of the day are just as American as some schlock who speaks in lol's and omg's.

Nothing cryptic. I'm a blonde hair, blue eyed business owner with a half Mexican child. My daughter has a grandmother in france and Mexico, and anybody who uses "anchor baby" in a derogatory manor should take a citizenship test next to her. She's 4, speaks 3 languages and is starting 2nd grade next year... She's an anchor of this country alright. No different than the thousands of Chinese people who built the "pride and joy of América" intercontinental railroad.

Just the way you talk man. It is kinda hard to comprehend exactly what you mean. I seem to have misunderstood you.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I get mad sometimes and try to make 5 points at once. I'm sorry 😊 no hard feelings. Take care!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: muse7

I wonder what documents our ancestors showed the natives...

Or maybe they had a commie liberal chief who granted amnesty.

My ancestors showed their papers at Ellis Island, dunno about anybody else.

But I do wonder why people try to compare the colonization of an area that had no immigration law and wasn't a sovereign nation with the immigration to an area that is a sovereign nation with immigration laws.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Sounds reasonable to me. If you wish to add anything please feel free if you disagree in anyway please offer up discussion.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I understand, I truly do. The law is the law. But when it becomes personal like mine, its hard to look at any other way than I do. My wife came here after watching her twin sister get her head blown off. She had no other option in her mind. And standing in line wasn't an option.

I'm not gonna pretend that she's the majority within the illegal community, but she's here nonetheless. I cry from her story and will bleed for my children because of it.

We are one, tax payers / contributors / and more importantly great parents to our child. That's enough for me, no matter what anybody says. 😊

a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I wonder what documents our ancestors showed the natives...

Or maybe they had a commie liberal chief who granted amnesty.

We've always been a nation of immigrants, legal or illegal. Now we're becoming a nation of hypocrites, wanting to knock down the ladder that our ancestors climbed.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
Take you ball and go home.

Or I will crush you where you stand!

Jesus.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: johnwick
Take you ball and go home.

Or I will crush you where you stand!

Jesus.

Yeah....that's why I love topics like these.

Makes them come out of the woodwork.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is what the whole anchor baby/illegal immigration thing makes me think of:

It reminds me of these people in a factory I worked at. They were lazy and always complaining about the Vietnamese people doing so much work. They used the term "boat people". I turned to them and said, "That's funny. Just how did your ancestors get here?"

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Take offense...
Your team somehow got the ball from the other team...and, it's your team's turn to do something with it... So - what does your team do...? Attack!! Throw back everything and more...that the other team threw at your team...and, hopefully...Your Team destroys their team...before their team destroys...you.

"Anchor Babies"?
Sounds nautical or sea-faring.
If I survived in the country amid such animosity &/or resentment...I would surely get an "Anchor Baby" tatoo or plaque or certificate...for my next generation to be able to recall the struggle we had to get here.

The same term can have many meanings/effects, according to individual perspectives.

I will never know all of your quirks, and hot buttons...
What about crooked-teeth, crooked-nose, bald, fat, anorexic...comments, jibes and jokes?
What about other-side-of-the-track sneers and jeers?
What about 'whacko', 'nut-job', 'looney-tune', etc...?

It will become impossible to express one's fears, emotions, day-to-day life and questions...if we continue to make every thought taboo.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We're not supposed to say Merry Christmas anymore, now it's supposed to be Happy Holidays. We're not supposed to call a Christmas tree a Christmas tree, it's now a holiday tree. We're not supposed to call illegal immigrants illegal, now it's undocumented immigrants. It doesn't change a damn thing. Christmas is still Christmas, illegal is still illegal. Do we call someone robbing a bank: financially challenged? If we keep this up, we will never be able to speak freely.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
We're not supposed to say Merry Christmas anymore, now it's supposed to be Happy Holidays. We're not supposed to call a Christmas tree a Christmas tree, it's now a holiday tree. We're not supposed to call illegal immigrants illegal, now it's undocumented immigrants. It doesn't change a damn thing. Christmas is still Christmas, illegal is still illegal. Do we call someone robbing a bank: financially challenged? If we keep this up, we will never be able to speak freely.

Except we're not talking about bank robbers or santa claus. We're talking about U.S. Citizens that were born in the U.S. and they're Citizens whether you like it or not.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Actually the court has never ruled on this as it applies to the children of illegals.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Was not the 14th Amend. meant to allow the "Newly Free Black Slaves" US citizenship?
It did NOT cover the American Indian...nope.
That did not happen until 1924 I think.

SO this whole deal of anchor baby is a falsehood...period... morphed into what we have to day to suit the needs of politicians to gain votes and stay in office.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Who are you talking to?

Who is offended by 'anchor baby'?

Do you know the reason for the term?

What term should be used for the act of using a baby of illegal aliens and incorrect interpretation of the 14th Amendment as leverage to squat in sovereign nation and exploit their legal system?

Does the term 'latchkey kid', 'free-range children', or 'soccer mom' offend these people too?

What's the correct interpretation then? The supreme court already ruled on this issue and concluded that any baby born in the U.S. is a citizen regardless of the status of their parents as long as they are not diplomats of a foreign country.

Actually the U.S. Supreme Court has never made such a ruling on the children born of people in the country illegally. That is a fallacy, not a truth.

For the record, the ruling in 1898 applied to children born of foreign parents that were LEGAL RESIDENTS, not visitors, but legally residing in the U.S., and then exited the country, and were not permitted re-entry...this is the ruling that has been misinterpreted by the progressives to include the babies of foreign visitors and illegal entrants, thus allowing the flood of 'anchor babies' we are dealing with now.

No ruling about children of foreigners visiting the country, or illegally entering the country, and having children here has EVER been made by the U.S. Supreme Court. That LIE needs to STOP before any serious discussion can be had on the matter by intelligent persons.

TIME TO DENY THE PROGRESSIVE LIE!
edit on 30-8-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Anchor babies need to be sent to their parents native country along with the parents no if's and's or but's.

You want to come to America? There is an actual legal process to do that. You don't have pay $5000+ to travel through the desert for weeks getting raped on a daily basis by your coyotes.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Anchor babies need to be sent to their parents native country along with the parents no if's and's or but's.

You want to come to America? There is an actual legal process to do that. You don't have pay $5000+ to travel through the desert for weeks getting raped on a daily basis by your coyotes.

Actually, they will still have to spend the $5000. I know too many people that have become citizens that are enraged at this government even considering making these people that sneak in citizens, when the people that try to do it legally had to go thru an arduous process and spend thousands on immigration attorney fees to get their paperwork to be here legally.

But, there is that raping thing....is it better to get raped by coyotes or lawyers? I dunno, I've ben raped by lawyers, but never coyotes, so I can't say either way.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This issue of immigration is being blown way out of proportion. Yeah we need to guard the borders, (mostly to prevent terrorists from coming in) but all this other crap is just talk. Crap talk. An invented crisis. We have Catholics from another country coming here for work, which they find in the lower paying unskilled jobs.

The country is getting hysterical over a big fat blown-up political football.

If Americans want the criminals to stop coming in, then STOP BUYING their damn drugs.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If Americans want the criminals to stop coming in, then STOP BUYING their damn drugs.

The CIA and the DEA would go bankrupt if people stopped buying drugs. Who do you think is facilitating the drugs coming in?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join