It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Ratio/Fractals and the Mind/Body/Spirit Connection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Thank you for your reply, its good to get another perspective on this. Phi is religiously interesting because this measurement was openly known to the Babylonians and Egyptians in their pagan worlds, yet this information has been encoded into our biblical desert religions. Its kind of curious because it was not until I think William Jones and his circle in 1706 that we 'rediscovered it'.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is how sacred geometries embody the Golden Ratio and Fibonacci numbers:
The Golden Ratio, Fibonacci and Lucas numbers in sacred geometries (Part 1):
smphillips.8m.com...
Part 2:
smphillips.8m.com...

The Golden Ratio is the relative proportions of the two 600-cells (the largest of the six 4-d polychorons) whose Coxeter projection coincides with the Coxeter projection of the 240 vertices of the 421 polytope known by mathematicians to represent the 240 roots of E8, the largest of the five exceptional Lie groups. The significance of this symmetry group is that it appears in E8xE8 heterotic superstring theory. This is how the Golden Ratio plays a pivotal role in determining the physics of the universe if it turns out (as many string theorists suspect) that this type of superstring is the basic constituent of matter.
edit on 30-8-2015 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Less than a minute searching for "golden ratio myth" will tell you even the Nautilus shells don't match. Look at your own pic - lol. How many spiral galaxies match out of bilions? The rest is a blue car syndrome.
I find it interresting how is the modern physics similar to the fantasy of numerologists. They can play with the numbers until it proves anything and any of their conceptual ideas. Who can disagree when even the other mathematicians don't understand their complicated enough mumbo jumbo?
edit on 31/8/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Good post, definitely an expansive but interesting subject at the very least makes the observer ask the question:

"Is this a sign of intelligent design and if so what or who is this intelligence?"

Whatever it is, its magnitude far exceeds the capability of our minds to encompass or comprehend but at the same time these "patterns" visible in the architecture of this creation (by that I mean everything within it, the universe, what we know and a lot of what we don't know) give the observer, the person of deep thinking to reflect, both marveling at these little gems and in awe of just what we don't know.

Another similar pattern is the people performing Hajj in Mecca:

Its not obvious from the photo but live these people circumambulate the Kaba in the center and are not dissimilar to the rotation of a galaxy.

This same ritualistic pattern in the varied religions and spiritual pursuits from the past to the present all hint at a connection and/or knowledge (and acknowledgement) of a superior intellect and power (I take a systematic view of religion, belief systems and creation due to my computer science and engineer background).

I recommend folks take a step back and look at the world around you, take notice of these similitude in nature the are everywhere and truly fractal in nature indicating that the universe is as wide as it is deep and we have only been looking out and not inwards or deep enough.

Why is that, after all of our advances in science and specifically biological related fields such as medicine we have not ever publicly seen anything so much as a whisper about the macro, micro and nanoscopic wold?

Even now as I become a dinosaur in this world today life never ceases to amaze me.

God Bless. Peace, health and a good life to you all.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Reading through your OP again made me think of a video a friend sent me. I highly recommend watching the whole video when you have the time, but the pertinent part to this thread starts at about the 29 minute mark, and lasts for several minutes. I think you'll understand why I think it's relevant once you watch it...

edit on 8/30/2015 by Klassified because: correction

edit on 8/30/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: old_god

This is why I consider all religions to be false. They mimic the true nature of things with their rituals and stories yet neglect to tell their followers about their mimicking process. In that way they replace the truth with a lie.

All religions have a foundation of truth, but that foundation of truth is hidden from its followers by the lies built on top of it. The followers are so awed by the temple that they neglect to see the foundation that it sits on.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I watched the part you mentioned and I agree with what he says. Apple taps into our intuitive part of the brain with their use of phi in order for us to buy their product. In the same way religion taps into the same part of our brain in order to make us give them money and thus power.

I'll have to check the rest of the video out at some point, I've got it bookmarked. I really like this guy.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The golden number is only a consequence of the fibonacci sequence. The sequence is naturaly occuring in many natural event, not because it's mystique, just because it follow a kind of "Generational growth". Fibonnacci even use rabbits to describe the sequence (even if it's not true that a rabbit population follow it, I remember it with that trick).
edit on 30-8-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the post! My mind is similarly busied pondering the nature of nature; it's really quite fascinating. The Universe behaves like software, with parameters for behavior defined by concrete equations. This blows my mind because it all really does point to some kind of 'design'. Whether this 'design' was consciously conceived and applied by entity(s) of some sort, or the universe is intrinsically conscious, or both, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

I'd have to go with the universe being intrinsically conscious with us being the universe experiencing itself.

If there is no life, the universe no longer exists. Just like with the double-slit experiment, if life (observation) is not present, there is nothing concrete, only probability.

I'm under the impression that we as conscious life are both the creator and creation, we passively create the world around us simply through the act of observation. This again is implied by the double-slit experiment.
edit on 8/30/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: humanityrising

I'd have to go with the universe being intrinsically conscious with us being the universe experiencing itself.

If there is no life, the universe no longer exists. Just like with the double-slit experiment, if life (observation) is not present, there is nothing concrete, only probability.

I'm under the impression that we as conscious life are both the creator and creation, we passively create the world around us simply through the act of observation. This again is implied by the double-slit experiment.

I don't know about that...
"The universe being intrinsically conscious" = YES
"Us being the universe experiencing itself" = NO
"If there is no life, the universe no longer exists" = NO.
Here I think you concentrate too much on 'human life' and its associated consciousness. The "creator and created" concept reminds me too much of religious concepts and the false notion that we assign to our own importance in the universe.

I sincerely believe that all of Nature and all of the workings of the Cosmos have their own intrinsic consciousness.
I believe that this INTELLIGENCE is formed by the energies of subatomic interactions; the very basic foundation of energy and matter in the Cosmos.

I cannot make it any clearer until I compile the result of my various contemplations and observations while walking in nature and asking questions regarding its functions.

One of my most important breakthroughs was, in questioning how the stick insect knew that it took on the appearance of its surroundings, in order to protect its life from predators? It's easier to understand how it ascertained how its surroundings looked, but not how it knew what it looked like to an observer (predator), having imitated the twig (its chosen surroundings). So I asked myself, "can it see itself from outside of itself?"

We talk about how humans are the only ones who know how to 'self reflect'. How does the stick insect determine how it appears and how does it accomplish that appearance in order to survive?
Does it 'self reflect', as we think only we can do, or is its 'inner wisdom' derived from the very atoms that form its 'being'?
Is there a fundamental 'substance' that is formed from the dynamics of its unique atomic energies, which communicates what color or form it should take to make it unique for its survival?

I could go on and on, but, in the end, I can only conclude that there is an 'Intrinsic Intelligence' factor built into the very dynamics of the subatomic matter/energy interaction that forms the foundation of everything in the Cosmos.
There is an intrinsic vibration to everything in the Cosmos and all that exists has its its own unique FREQUENCY that determines its place in the universe. Yes, 'frequency', as in the colors that are produced by white light travelling through the 'splitter' that is a prism, or diamond, and produce its unique version of a cosmic entity.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You can only understand so much of sacred geometry be simply reading about it. Once you begin creating the flower of life yourself over and over and identifying the golden ratio it becomes much more clear. You really need to practice to understand.

All Platonic solids can be drawn within the flower of life pattern. There is nothing in this universe that doesn't reflect this. As above, so below.

Great thread!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Starling

I agree, we aren't the only life on this planet that can self reflect, I wasn't trying to imply that, I was saying life in general and in all of its forms. There is no beginning or end in infinity, so my use of the words creator and creation have nothing to do with religious concepts. Religious concepts deal with beginnings and endings, I do not believe in those.
edit on 8/31/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Breaking news! Offered in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Aside from the obvious fibonacci spirals themselves.....

Look at the distance between hurricane 1 to hurricane 2. And Hurricane 2 to hurricane 3.

edit on 31-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Done:
For 1 to 2 (eye to eye) : 371.034 pixels (since it's a picture)
For 2 to 3 (eye to eye) : 309.278 pixels

Ratio is 1.20

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
There is an excellent book called 'The Power of Limts" by Gyorgi Soczi that explores the Phi ration as it manifests in Nature. It is chock full of wonderful illustrations. Highly recommended if you are interested in the subject.

I just checked on amazon for this book as it is a subject that interests me.. and there is someone selling this book for almost £1000!!

£1000 for a #$/%NG book!!!! I've never seen something so ridiculously priced in my life..

www.amazon.co.uk...=tmm_hrd_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1441053831&sr=8-1" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">amazon

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Rev 21 hearkens to Ezekiel 40.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

A "new heaven and Earth" represents what comes after death: another mind (heaven) and body (Earth). The golden measuring rod is that of the Golden Ratio, though it is in the hand of God not an angel as Revelation 21 has it. The angel holding the rodin Revelation represents the deception of Revelation, man replacing God's truth with his own lie that mirrors the truth.
edit on 9/2/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join