It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Ratio/Fractals and the Mind/Body/Spirit Connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Golden Ratio and Fractals

The Golden Ratio or Golden Mean is a ratio that many things within nature conform to. It can be visualized like this:

Another way it can be visualized:

It states that when a value of a and b are added together they equal c (or a+b here). The value of c is to a as a is to b. The spiral graphic is a good visualization of this concept, each "loop" being the sum of the previous two loops.

Our bodies follow this ratio.

This is only one example, there are more if you care to research it.

The golden ratio is present throughout nature as well, from our own DNA:

To seashells:

To pine cones:

And even to the galaxies:

It seems as though almost everything from the micro to the macro follows this one ratio. The term "As above, so below; as within, so without" comes to mind here. The makeup of creation mirrors the same pattern from the smallest atom to the largest galaxy, almost as if the universe is one giant fractal.

Mind, Body, and Spirit

So where do the mind, body, and spirit come into play here? Well the Golden Ratio consists of three parts, a, b, and c with c being the sum of both a and b. Mind, body, and spirit, three parts of the human experience (as well as other life). The mind is the mental aspect of our existence, the body is the physical aspect, and the spirit is the immaterial aspect.

What is marriage? It is traditionally the union of a male and female. While their is the religious ritual of marriage, there is also a spiritual form of marriage that many are not aware of. This spiritual form of marriage is that of the body and spirit. What happens at conception? A body is given life, the spirit enters the body. When a baby is conceived, the spiritual union of body and spirit is consummated, or "made whole". When a baby is "made whole", life is created. The mind is the result of life being consummated, a new perspective within this world is created.

What does this have to do with mind, body, and spirit though?

The body is made of matter, the word matter has its roots in the Latin word mater- which means "mother". Earth is consisted of matter, Earth (physicality) is the feminine or female aspect of our existence, it is our body and the material world around us. This is why Earth is sometimes referred to as "Mother Earth", she is the "womb" of creation.

The spirit is immaterial, the word spirit has its roots in the Latin word spiritus which means "breath". The spirit within us, the immaterial substance that gives the body life, is what controls our breathing and heartbeat. We do not need to think about breathing in order to do it, it is done subconsciously. The spirit is the masculine or male aspect of existence. It is the seed that enters the egg (body) at conception. It is what allows the mind to experience time. This is why time is sometimes called "Father Time", he is the giver of life to the body.

The mind is the "marriage" of the body and spirit at conception. It is life itself, that which perceives Mother Earth and Father Time, it is what the bible refers to as the "Son" or "image of God".

The Connection

The spirit can be seen as 1 because there is only one spirit, the body can be considered 2 because it is what gives the idea of separation and multiplicity, and the mind can be seen as 3. 1 (spirit) + 2 (body) = 3 (mind). We are the Golden Ratio realized, both body (a) and spirit (b) equaling a mind (c).

The universe around us follows the Golden Ratio from the micro to the macro, why is this? Because the Golden Ratio is what is observing it. When we are not looking at something, things do not act as they should as attested to by the double-slit experiment. Without observation, any one event is in a state of probability, it is only when we observe it does that probability take form.

What is the Golden Ratio in the form of? Light, and even light itself follows this Golden Ratio, being both wave (a) and particle (b) forming visible light (c).

Third Eye/Mind's Eye

We've all heard of the "third eye" haven't we? It is often referred to as the "mind's eye". Where is this eye? It's within the light itself, the same light that forms into the image that we see. We see our "mind's eye" every waking moment of our lives. Those who are blind do not see their third eye, they do not know what light is, at least those who are born blind.

The image we see is what the bible refers to as "God's image" or "Jesus", the Son and image of God, it is what we are created in. The image we see is one image, yet it is still the sum of two other parts, our eyes. Two becoming one, two eyes creating the one image we see, that of light and life. The Golden Ratio yet again, it pervades everything about our experiences as human beings and conscious life.

Summary

We are the Golden Ratio in the form of life. We are mind, body, and spirit with the mind being the sum of the body and spirit. Our existence mirrors the Golden Ratio from the micro to the macro, with us being the "in-between", the Golden Ratio itself.

Think of it like a prism, a ray of light shoots through a clear image and turns that ray of light into the rainbow of colors we see. The ray of light being the spirit, the prism being the mind or image, and the rainbow being the world around us with its many colors.

Does the world shine light on us or do we shine light onto the world? Maybe it's both.

Thank you for reading.
edit on 8/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It was a good read.

Regards,

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I knew I'd forget something! Dangit.

Another thing about the marriage aspect of my OP, why is a diamond presented when someone is proposing for marriage? Let's take a look at a diamond with light shining through it.

The diamond symbolizes the same thing as the prism, a clear substance that has light shining through it that creates the colors of the rainbow. Marriage represents the spirit (light) and body (rainbow) coming together in union to create the mind (diamond), or life itself.

The diamond is that of the image or mind, the consummation of the marriage, it represents life being created and the colors of the rainbow being realized.
edit on 8/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is an excellent book called 'The Power of Limts" by Gyorgi Soczi that explores the Phi ration as it manifests in Nature. It is chock full of wonderful illustrations. Highly recommended if you are interested in the subject.
edit on 29-8-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hi

A very interesting read and I appreciate the effort put into it. There are some points that I agree with. However there are many that I don't agree with. For example the section on the spirit saying that it controls our heartbeat and breathing subconsciously. Heartbeat is autonomous whereas breathing isn't. Breathing can be con trolled and manipulated when required through muscle use.
Also I don't like using translations of words into ancient meanings and then using those meanings to illustrate a point. The meanings of words change throughout time and pointing to these ancient translations suggests that they were privy to some information that we are not.

Finally I just want to say I think spirituality free from religious constraints is what will possibly replace the many different religions. I feel the simplistic ideas of body and mind and love will hold when all the rules of religions are slowly eroded.

Good job

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Breathing is a function that is both autonomous and non-autonomous. While you can control your breathing when thought of, it also doesn't need to be thought of in order for it to function. I think this can be equated to religion, it manipulates the truth yet the autonomy (heart) of it is still rooted in the truth. Hopefully that makes since.

As for the translation of words into older meanings, the ancients weren't privy to things we aren't. We are privy to anything they were, it's only a matter of seeking those things out. People can still come to the truth despite not looking into the etymological roots of words.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I likey this thread
flagg

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

If anything, it would be the diamond that is the body since both the light and the rainbow are both light.

Light is Unity (all colors of light together) but the body (diamond) makes it appear to be many separate lights which appear as a rainbow instead of a white light.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I knew I'd forget something! Dangit.

Another thing about the marriage aspect of my OP, why is a diamond presented when someone is proposing for marriage? Let's take a look at a diamond with light shining through it.

The diamond symbolizes the same thing as the prism, a clear substance that has light shining through it that creates the colors of the rainbow. Marriage represents the spirit (light) and body (rainbow) coming together in union to create the mind (diamond), or life itself. The diamond is that of the image or mind, the consummation of the marriage, it represents life being created and the colors of the rainbow being realized.

Your presentation is 'golden' material to me, in my research and compilation of a book on light, color, consciousness and sacred geometry. Everything that you laid out conforms to my own philosophy, to a point that I was able to guess how you were going to assign the sections of Spirit/Body/Mind to the Golden Ratio, and agreed with them.

I have only one reservation, pertaining to your second post regarding marriage and the diamond.
To represent marriage, you assigned Spirit = (White) Light; Body = the rainbow, coming together in union to create the Mind = the Diamond, or life itself.

I would reverse the sequence after the Spirit (White Light/Yang). I would assign the Diamond to the Body/Yin, (being penetrated by white light/Spirit/Yang), and the Rainbow to the manifestation of these two combined to produce Mind, or Life itself (consciousness)...as the consequence of the consummation of Yin + Yang:

White Light/Yang + Diamond/Yin = Rainbow....and all of Life and Consciousness that these two comprise.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

a reply to: Starling

This actually makes a lot of sense! The mind is the rainbow because of the many different colors (minds). The seed (white light/spirit) penetrates the egg (diamond/body) and creates new minds (the rainbow).

Great analysis guys, I agree with this interpretation. The many facets of the diamond represent the multiplicity of the body and the separate colors the body creates being the different minds of the spirit.

Thanks.

edit on 8/30/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I haven't seen the summation series brought up yet. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21, etc. The further you carry this series the closer you get to the Phi ratio.
A simple way of observing this is to pick up a pine cone.
The petals spiral in two opposing directions.
8 petals in one direction means there are 13 in the other.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Thinking about this a little more, I believe I've been looking at things a bit backwards. The spirit is on the other side of the body, the body is what veils the spirit. To lift the veil of the Mother (bride) is to see the light of the Father (bridegroom), to see past our material existence is to find our spiritual existence.

While I had the concepts right, I had the perspective wrong. I assumed I was the diamond with the light behind me and I was looking toward the rainbow, but now I see that I am the rainbow looking at the diamond with the diamond veiling the white light. The white light contains all colors of the rainbow just as the spirit contains all the minds which are the different colors that the body emits when it is penetrated by the light.

If I were in the position of any of the colors of the rainbow being emitted by the diamond, the diamond would appear that color, which is why the body (diamond) appears different colors. I'm really starting to put some things I was confused about together.

Sorry for rambling, just putting my thoughts on "paper" in case I need to revisit them later. Again, thank you guys for pointing this out to me!

edit on 8/30/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

I agree with what you say. Something I have noticed over the years is that different people who are non religious often display a beautiful and 'unconditional' kindness and understanding that I see as a glimpse of their inner spirituality. Unfortunately the seriously committed religious individual often displays so many complexes and a constraining observance of their religious dogma that they forget about spirituality and simply living life with a kind spontaneity and open attitude to all.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Good read and as said above well put together. Very apt for a Sunday morning.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Beautiful and i thought about my own take on living in a spiral galaxy: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Awakening it follows the same pattern just didnt think of the golden ratio.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I think what you're looking at is growth patterns.

what you're looking at: body;image of concept;form
growth: spirit;will;force
pattern: awareness;concept;mind;soul

Think of it like opening a present: you have to go in a reverse order of operation from the one who made it: so as to see their will. The pattern is made by the one who conceives the spirit of it.

And I do not think all those spirits are patterned the same.

Think of it like they all grow towards the light/form/image of the concept of the will/force/spirit.

If I paint a picture, its growth or formation goes in the direction of the image I conceive.

We grow towards the light / towards the image of the concept.

And there is no mother body but ourselves. We take in the light and conceive its force/will. We take in the seed. We are the bride.

Again, think reverse order of operation: my words are the image of my awareness of my will. you read/hear/take in my words and see my concepts of my will, but where these words came from was my will conceived into these words.
edit on 8/30/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Shiloh7, that may be true, but at there core, the truths that spawned "religion" are no less true due to the fallacy of what was created and instituted by man.

I'm on my way out the door, but jotted a few things down. This topic is incredibly interesting.

Rev 14:1 .....144 is not an arbitrary number and neither is 666 which is one sentence before in Rev 13:18.In the original text there were no chapter breaks to separate those sentences.

Revelation 13
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 14
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

666 sine= -0.809016994374947
144 cosine=-0.809016994374947

-0.809016994374947 +-0.809016994374947=
1:1.618033988749895=Phi

Phi is the Golden ratio..the perfect number ratio that EVERYTHING is measured by from atoms to DNA to vascular systems to spiral galaxies.Rev 21:15 Golden measuring rod is Phi.

Revelation 21
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

The Golden reed represents the Golden Ratio. The city, temple, and inner courtyards to the Holy of Holies represent the mind, body, spirit, and the connection each gives us with GOD.

edit on 30-8-2015 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Nice thread, thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This was an entertaining and interesting read to go along with my morning coffee. Thank you for breaking it down so simply. When reading about the Golden Ratio, I would often see a picture of a pinecone and/or galaxy and wonder about it. It is everywhere, all around us!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Excellent thread with plenty of food for thought.

Thanks for posting.

F&S

top topics

<<   2 >>

join