It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed, need to take down man with gun. what do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 5leepingWarrior

well you never really know how you will react.
i think the biggest tool a person can have is their will to go further than the other guy.

when i was a kid our house was broken into by an armed intruder. it was bad news. that is one of my first memories. from that moment on i told myself i would never allow a person to hurt me or my loved ones.
i dont have many loved ones and i have to protect them.

so what would i do? how would i take them down?
it all depends on where we are and what is around.
no matter what though if i felt threatened or thought my family was in danger i would absolutely rage out and destroy the person. either with something i can grab of with my bare hands. dont matter.
i will choke them to death and rip their throat out with my teeth if need be.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If you try to grab the weapon and its a semiauto you want one hand over the slide and the other hand under the mag.

Your hand tight over the slide will give him only one shot because the case will not eject through your hand and will stovepipe.

Push up as hard as you can with both hands his body will come to you and you can knee him in the groin and then as you foot comes back down stomp on the top of his foot or down the front of his shin as hard as you can and repeat.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
You'll have to improvise a weapon.

Many times you will just have your belt on you.

You could use your belt if you're close enough.

The belt is a good improvise weapon, but the way this guy pops the belt will probably be useless.... plus he is tying up both hands in which someone could instinctively grab if popped in their face. The only part that's good is striking with it.

Also he doesn't show you how to wear the belt for quick dispatching, which is to use only 2 or 3 belt loops. If your thinking about using a belt for a weapon, test it out because some belts and belt buckles are poorly made and not easy to unbuckle.... It would suck if your buckle went flying off before hitting your assailant!

Don't wear loose pants lol

edit on 31-8-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Although he's not very skilled in the usage if the belt the techniques look legit to me. It's actually south East Asian scarf or sarong techniques

Here's Doug marcaida (sp) of funker tactical demonstrating it.

m.youtube.com...

Here's Ron baliki (a bad mofo) demonstrating it out of the inosanto Lacoste method

m.youtube.com...

edit on 31-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The truthful, no BS, non-internet ninja master answer is:

Hope that this scenario never happens to you and if it does, hope harder that the guy with the gun doesn't intend to kill you.

We can postulate all day long and post YouTube videos from martial arts supermen who teach hypothetical nonsense but going unarmed against a determined opponent with a gun will most likely end badly for you every single time.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Stupid as it sounds...maybe point to the gunman's blind spot and yell "Look out!"

Who knows, people do react to that and you might get an opening. But if the guy has tunnel vision on you (and you're not JCVD) I'd say wait for a better opportunity to attack or escape because that's a pretty tough situation.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Hope that this scenario never happens to you and if it does, hope harder that the guy with the gun doesn't intend to kill you.

We can postulate all day long and post YouTube videos from martial arts supermen who teach hypothetical nonsense but going unarmed against a determined opponent with a gun will most likely end badly for you every single time.

Well, yeah. That's the entire reason I created this thread.Forewarned is forearmed as they say.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5leepingWarrior

originally posted by: Answer

Well, yeah. That's the entire reason I created this thread.Forewarned is forearmed as they say.

I have to inject a bit of reality from time to time lest people start to think they have a chance against an armed assailant because "I saw a YouTube video where a guy did this..."

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I'm aware of those guys and their techniques, they're pretty awesome... personally I don't believe in tangling up with a knife or gun. To be honest those techniques would suit riot police or against long range weapons like bats and swords, as you can get in close and make those weapons ineffective.

Technique wise It all depends on what your comfortable with.... whatever you feel that increases your survival rate. The number one technique is running, a moving target is harder to hit. In the Doug Marcaida video I see a few guys with bellies.... I wonder if they can run lol

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You really only have two options....get in the fight or get out of the fight. Remaining passive will get you killed, if they guy is an obvious threat and threatening or already committing violence.

If getting out of the fight isn't an option, then you've got to get in there and keep fighting until you can't fight anymore, or they are incapacitated. Control the Gun Arm and then do everything you can to disarm, disable that arm/hand or that person.

It's really hard/impossible to teach or go over exact technique in a forum. You need live classes, preferably something like Kempo/Kenpo, Krav Maga or a version of Filipino Martial Arts. To me, those are the three best self defense arts for this.

As far as targets go, Let's not forget the eyes. Maybe the best target...but, you can't really put any targets in order as it's a fluid, moving fight at this point and you've just got to take what's available to you depending on your respective positions. so...

Eyes...jabbing and gouging
Ears...clapping hands over one or both
Elbow...if they straighten their arm and you have an arm/hand in position, it's pretty easy to break an elbow.
Throat...edge of the hand there can do wonders.
Nose...we know that's a good shot...
Groin...but generally only if it's a rising strike.
Knees...a good straight or side kick and really break, rip, tear, disclocate and pull lots of things in that area
fingers...if you can get a good grip on one of their fingers with your hand and rip it backwards with all your strength...it's very hard to shoot a gun or hit you with finger that's both dislocated and broken.
Back of the hand...look at the back of your hand and you'll see lots of exposed tiny bones that really can't take too much damage.
Shins and Feet of course but it depends on what you're wearing. Flip flops wont' do too much damage!
Wrist...working a wrist lock or take down using wrist as a leverage point

Lot's of good targets and techniques but you've got to practice them in a gym/dojo/training hall.

edit on 31-8-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im aware, and I appreciate it.
a reply to: Answer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join