It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear Your Own Name (Psychic Transfer)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Why waste time on putting out negative messages? Might as well send out a positive message.

"The Ego Is Not Your Friend" is a very positive message; a tee-shirt so inscribed Buddha or the Dali Lama would wear with broad smiles.
edit on 30-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

A desirable trait? Not really.

I mean, we as a species ended up where we are--wartorn, grief-stricken, cutting the planet out from under our feet--by electing and following leaders with physical dominance.

It's time we moved forward as a race and started seeking leaders who can mend this mess we've made... regardless of whether they're broad-shouldered and barrel-chested.

The hero of the modern age isn't someone with the physical might to brute-force his reality into existence. It's someone who can touch the minds of the people and move them nearer the light.

Ah, you are wanting a Utopian society.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Desirable for who? Obviously, not the people being dominated/taken advantage of.

Who's taking advantage of who?
I go on a walk with my pretty fem late one evening and suddenly she feels safe and protected from street violence; in a calm neighborhood. She hugs and kisses me and says she loves how strong I am.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX

Ah, you are wanting a Utopian society.

Shouldn't we all be wanting (and working towards) a world of peace and love and compassion and abundance?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This post REALLY made me think about the whole "false idol" concept. You wonder why brands shove their brand into your head via marketing campaigns??? They buy your praise, and you're lovin' it (TM). A war is occurring right now. It is going on in your mind.

To what is your allegiance?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

I would never buy a sports jersey with someones name on it.
I don't do sport fullstop. Ive never understood people looking up to sports people. So they can kick a ball good or swim fast or whatever. So what, that means nothing to me.

As for your co-worker, sport is hardly in the same category as quantum physics? He had a good memory, doesn't mean he's smart enough to get a phd in quantum physics.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
This post REALLY made me think about the whole "false idol" concept. You wonder why brands shove their brand into your head via marketing campaigns??? They buy your praise, and you're lovin' it (TM). A war is occurring right now. It is going on in your mind.

To what is your allegiance?

Agree, the false idol of the modern age isn't necessarily a golden calf. (Although as some Bohemian Grove weirdos can attest, it still might be a giant creepy stupid owl).

The real false idols are the musicians, the movie stars, the entertainers, the athletes, the politicians, the corporations, the conglomerates--all those (generally gross amoral people and entities) who want our allegiance and our psychic energy.

And worshiping those false idols doesn't necessarily involve bowing down in penitent posture. It can be an act as simple as following them on twitter, liking them on facespace, or simply wearing clothing emblazoned with their name/logo.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm not too big on the "team" shirts, but I think Ralph Lauren needs to give up putting his monogram and name on all his clothes. Enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I seriously don't even know where to begin with this one. So as I sit here in my PHILADELPHIA EAGLES shirt let me just throw out a few random thoughts...

Just because I own a Jersey with a player's name on it doesn't mean I worship or idolize him. I bought it because I support my team. Hell, I own a few hockey shirts and I don't even follow the sport. I bought them because I liked them.

Just because I may have a favorite player in any sport doesn't mean I sit around thinking about him all the time. Just because I can ramble off statistics doesn't mean I obsess over them. Just because I spent money on a jersey doesn't mean I can't still do other things like go on vacation or buy a book. To think that it's one or the other is ridiculous.

I hate when people say "Why do you watch a football game when you could be outside doing something else?" or "Why play video games? It's a waste of time". It goes on and on. I have a question for them: why waste your time obsessing over the choices I make with my life? It's my time and I decide what to do with it. And one other thing: did you ever meet someone who puts all their energy int one thing? They are BORING, obsessed and usually closed minded.

In closing I'll ask: what's wrong with a little balance? Is it a bad thing to know football AND quantum physics? Sports is part of the culture here in America especially if your a male growing up here. This is something that the OP obviously doesn't get.

And for the record I play video games, work out, study martial arts, read, speak another language (partially) and proudly wear sports jerseys.

/rant

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The real false idols are the musicians, the movie stars, the entertainers, the athletes, the politicians, the corporations, the conglomerates--all those (generally gross amoral people and entities) who want our allegiance and our psychic energy.

I'm so glad you said this! This is something I've been thinking about lately: our little "celebrities". Ugh. They are all so overpaid and overly-celebrated it's ridiculous. It's embarrassing really. They are so unworthy of the attention they get. And people want to emulate them. Unbelievable. At least the musicians and athletes have skills/talent. All the actors do is look good and rake in money and then "run" from the tabloids because they are just too too fabulous. It's sickening and so undeserved.

It speaks to the deterioration of our society's intellect.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre

I seriously don't even know where to begin with this one. So as I sit here in my PHILADELPHIA EAGLES shirt let me just throw out a few random thoughts...

Just because I own a Jersey with a player's name on it doesn't mean I worship or idolize him. I bought it because I support my team. Hell, I own a few hockey shirts and I don't even follow the sport. I bought them because I liked them.

Just because I may have a favorite player in any sport doesn't mean I sit around thinking about him all the time. Just because I can ramble off statistics doesn't mean I obsess over them. Just because I spent money on a jersey doesn't mean I can't still do other things like go on vacation or buy a book. To think that it's one or the other is ridiculous.

I hate when people say "Why do you watch a football game when you could be outside doing something else?" or "Why play video games? It's a waste of time". It goes on and on. I have a question for them: why waste your time obsessing over the choices I make with my life? It's my time and I decide what to do with it. And one other thing: did you ever meet someone who puts all their energy int one thing? They are BORING, obsessed and usually closed minded.

In closing I'll ask: what's wrong with a little balance? Is it a bad thing to know football AND quantum physics? Sports is part of the culture here in America especially if your a male growing up here. This is something that the OP obviously doesn't get.

And for the record I play video games, work out, study martial arts, read, speak another language (partially) and proudly wear sports jerseys.

/rant

Nice post--well thought-out ideas.
I've got a couple of comments.

1.) I've always found "support my team" to be an awkward statement. Do you have profit sharing in the team? Do the players or managers even know you exist?

Probably not. So you don't have a "team," but you've been (unfortunately) sold on that concept because it generates revenue for the sports-industrial complex.

2.) I'm not wasting my life obsessing over the decisions of others. I'm using my life to make others cognizant of the decisions they're making so they can decide for themselves whether their choices are leading towards apex results.

We each have 24 hours a day to spend. Every minute wasted on unproductive activities is a minute you can't devote towards getting better at things that truly matter.

3.) Regarding "sports is part of the culture," great. That doesn't mean we de facto opt-in to that system (nor should we). Part of the "culture" in america (yes, I live in the US) is vapid consumerism and emotionless sex with copious partners.

Yeah, I'll happily opt-out of those as well.

YMMV--and that's ok... as long as you realize by expending your time and energy on sports you're forever giving up the potential to use that time for something that actually improves your intrinsic worth.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

... as long as you realize by expending your time and energy on sports you're forever giving up the potential to use that time for something that actually improves your intrinsic worth.

I don't know about that though, Trachel. I have found my 'interests' and 'hobbies' such as getting together with friends to watch basketball, actually enriches our lives.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

And during the time you spend fixated upon another, they're collecting the full possible amount of your psychic potential--because the brain is a single-core processor, and during the time you're thinking about them you're not thinking about anything else.

How does this apply when I wear my Joe DiMaggio #5 jersey to Yankee games?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why does everyone feel like they need to use their time 110% effectively?

Yes life is short, but cramming productivity will shorten it!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
Why does everyone feel like they need to use their time 110% effectively?

Yes life is short, but cramming productivity will shorten it!

Great question.

I fundamentally believe that the universe (and the spirits controlling things) practice fundamental rules of energy conservation.

In other words, I believe that it won't provide you an existence with potential beyond what your spirit can accomplish.

So reality won't give you a champion's life like Michael Jordan's or Michael Schumacher's until you prove that you can do the tirelessly work necessary towards becoming a hero. It's not going to put a couch-potato's spirit into a potential champion's existence--you need prove you can dominate that kind of life before you'll ever receive it.

That means conquering all challenges your current life presents, along with going above and beyond to show you deserve more rewarding lives in the future.

So I personally try hard to avoid squandering my time and energy on things that would be considered wastes.

The bulk of my effort goes into refining my spirit towards championship levels so I can earn and dominate any exceptional life I'm later offered.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Thanks for your comments. It's pretty clear that we have conflicting views but allow me to expand if I may...

1.) I've always found "support my team" to be an awkward statement. Do you have profit sharing in the team? Do the players or managers even know you exist? Probably not. So you don't have a "team," but you've been (unfortunately) sold on that concept because it generates revenue for the sports-industrial complex.

No, I do have a team. Several actually. I closely follow the Philadelphia Eagles, followed by the 76ers (although I don't watch as many games). AS Roma is my adopted Soccer team (or squadra di calcio to put in the the proper language). If I'm out and about I'll certainly watch the Phillies, Flyers or the Union if they're on TV. I do consider them "my teams" and as any fan my investment in the team is emotional. The return on my investment is the high when they win or the low when they lose. (Kind of like playing the stock market). Also, I enjoy the time spent watching the games as pro sports are really for entertainment value.

2.) I'm not wasting my life obsessing over the decisions of others. I'm using my life to make others cognizant of the decisions they're making so they can decide for themselves whether their choices are leading towards apex results. We each have 24 hours a day to spend. Every minute wasted on unproductive activities is a minute you can't devote towards getting better at things that truly matter.

You could say the same thing about going to the movies. Why do that when you could do something else? As I said before, there is entertainment value in sports. But it can also be social. Isn't there worth to spending time with my family watching a game? Or taking a date to the movies?

3.) Regarding "sports is part of the culture," great. That doesn't mean we de facto opt-in to that system (nor should we). Part of the "culture" in america (yes, I live in the US) is vapid consumerism and emotionless sex with copious partners.

I don't know anyone who de facto opts in. Everything is a choice and there's no one holding a gun to my head saying "buy my jersey!" If you look at the entertainment business as a whole it's monstrously huge but we as consumers are not slaves to that machine.

YMMV--and that's ok... as long as you realize by expending your time and energy on sports you're forever giving up the potential to use that time for something that actually improves your intrinsic worth.

Forgive me for saying but that is your opinion and you are projecting your values on me or others. That's a bit judgmental, don't you think? Does anyone have the right to decide what anyone is worth?

I wonder if you were to grab some friends and go watch a game...maybe you'll find it's not the waste you though it was? Or maybe not. Some people are just not into sports. If it's a new and different experience then why not?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre

Forgive me for saying but that is your opinion and you are projecting your values on me or others. That's a bit judgmental, don't you think? Does anyone have the right to decide what anyone is worth?

I wonder if you were to grab some friends and go watch a game...maybe you'll find it's not the waste you though it was? Or maybe not. Some people are just not into sports. If it's a new and different experience then why not?

Cheers!

Thanks for responding again. I'd just like to say I'm (hopefully) not projecting my values, because I'd like to think it's a pretty objective metric that anyone could find a more productive (physically/mentally/spiritually) activity than watching other people play a game.

I mean, you could just go out and play that same game yourself--which is the perspective I take with sports. Why watch other people play when I can get out there and have more fun actually playing?

With that said, I don't mean any harm by my comments and I'm not trying to single you out specifically. If we met IRL I'd happily grab a beer with you and watch a football game or whatever.

So cheers right back!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You see them practically everywhere you go.

And they're always staring back at you in public.

I'm talking--of course--about names. And I'm referring specifically towards the names on the back of sports jerseys.

Because it seems like every time you walk into public, you see at least one grown man or woman who paid good money for the privilege of wearing someone else's name on their back.

This boggles me. It baffles and confuses.

And it should perplex you also.

Energy transfer is a real phenomenon, and it occurs whenever you focus your mental capacities in a specific direction. Whatever you mull over or ponder idly or obsess about is receiving a psychic influx of your biokinetic potential. It occurs whether the thought is random or intentional, whether the fixation is subtle or intense.

And during the time you spend fixated upon another, they're collecting the full possible amount of your psychic potential--because the brain is a single-core processor, and during the time you're thinking about them you're not thinking about anything else.

So quite literally, obsessing over others is throwing your life and energy away.

Because that energy will be gone forever.

And that time you're not getting back.

That process occurs most overtly when people wear jerseys supporting their favorite teams and players. But it also occurs in various other ways:

Bumper stickers and other nonsense supporting politicians, familiar product insignia like the logos for nike or adidas, symbols or names of corporations--all of these assorted items we don willingly.

And all of those assorted idols we unknowingly worship with our money, our time, our energy, and our lives.

Adorning yourself with the name or symbol of another is like emblazoning yourself with a giant psychic billboard that drains the time and energy and attention of all those obsessed with that cause. It helps none but the individuals and the organizations depicted.

And it certainly doesn't benefit you. Because for that supposed privilege you willingly shell out your hard-earned cash--and that's another problem.

Because that money you invested in another, you could've put towards yourself.

Instead of spending forty or sixty or eighty or a hundred dollars on a shirt with some other guy's name stitched on the back of it, you could've taken that money and invested it in yourself. You could've purchased books on philosophy to make you smarter or tomes about social engineering to make you more resilient unto the constant inundation in social psychology we face on a daily basis.

You could've bought a program teaching you a foreign language.

You could've started saving towards a dream adventure.

Or you could've just held onto it for an early retirement.

With that money you could've done a trillion things other than buying a shirt venerating someone who throws or catches a ball for a living. You could've taken countless steps towards bettering your situation.

And you could've put that psychic energy to use improving yourself in far deeper ways.

I used to work for a top bank, and in my department was a guy who knew everything about sports--literally everything. Off the top of his head he could quote you statistics for players going back into their college careers. It was seriously impressive.

And seriously disturbing. Because as we got to know each other I learned he (1) hated his job, and (2) had a passing interest in quantum physics.

So one day I casually mentioned, "You know, if you reallocated all the time you spend obsessing over sports into quantum physics, by now you'd be a double phd."

And that's a painfully true lesson applicable towards far too many. Instead of obsessing over false idols like athletes and celebrities and politicians and pundits, you could be thinking about anything else in the world.

You could be pondering metaphysical questions about your life.

You could be plotting a path towards self-improvement.

You could be laboring en route to spiritually evolve.

In short, in lieu of wasting psychic energy on people who don't care one whit about you--people who don't give the slightest care about your problems or life--you could be putting that energy towards helping the only person who plays the starring role in your existence: You.

So really: Sell the jerseys, discard the icons, stop worshiping the false idols. Forget the sports teams, the athletes, the celebrities, the politicians.

Take back your time, your money, your mind, and your power.

Then reallocate all those resources unto a greater cause.

I know, I get it--regardless whether the stage is athletics or politics or something else, it's exciting when your favorite team or player does well.

But those teams don't care about you. Those players don't give a poo whether you live or die.

So shouldn't you put your time and energy into a cause that truly matters?

If you're going to waste your money on a jersey, buy one with your own name stitched upon it.

If you're going to spent your energy rooting for anyone, spent it rooting for yourself.

Is there any scientific evidence to back up any of the claims you are making in this post? Please post some sources for reference if so. Not trying to call you out...I'm genuinely interested. Just wondering how any of what you are claiming could ever be proven...and if it can't be proven or measured, how is it not just make believe?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The brain is not a single core processor. It has many layers and much of what we think we are not consciously aware of. Evolution has created not just 'one brain' as we imagine but different ones assigned to different tasks and functions. Id be more concerned about the more subliminal messages present in every day society than the obvious or the associated tonality. As for me, I only wear black.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I want to generalise this into simply the concept that we possess some kind of energy, you can call it "life", or "psychic energy", or perhaps something else, but the main point is that it can be wasted.

So, in that case, we try not to waste energy, and in your way, of course, we have to know how it can be lost.

In that sense, you are trying to educate others about how such energy is lost.

However, what about how energy is gained - not when it is taken, but, when it is created.

I think understanding the creation of energy here is key, and also when we use it, understanding how we can use the most minimal amount to perform our specified tasks.
edit on 2-9-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join