It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear Your Own Name (Psychic Transfer)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You see them practically everywhere you go.

And they're always staring back at you in public.

I'm talking--of course--about names. And I'm referring specifically towards the names on the back of sports jerseys.

Because it seems like every time you walk into public, you see at least one grown man or woman who paid good money for the privilege of wearing someone else's name on their back.

This boggles me. It baffles and confuses.

And it should perplex you also.

Energy transfer is a real phenomenon, and it occurs whenever you focus your mental capacities in a specific direction. Whatever you mull over or ponder idly or obsess about is receiving a psychic influx of your biokinetic potential. It occurs whether the thought is random or intentional, whether the fixation is subtle or intense.

And during the time you spend fixated upon another, they're collecting the full possible amount of your psychic potential--because the brain is a single-core processor, and during the time you're thinking about them you're not thinking about anything else.

So quite literally, obsessing over others is throwing your life and energy away.

Because that energy will be gone forever.

And that time you're not getting back.

That process occurs most overtly when people wear jerseys supporting their favorite teams and players. But it also occurs in various other ways:

Bumper stickers and other nonsense supporting politicians, familiar product insignia like the logos for nike or adidas, symbols or names of corporations--all of these assorted items we don willingly.

And all of those assorted idols we unknowingly worship with our money, our time, our energy, and our lives.

Adorning yourself with the name or symbol of another is like emblazoning yourself with a giant psychic billboard that drains the time and energy and attention of all those obsessed with that cause. It helps none but the individuals and the organizations depicted.

And it certainly doesn't benefit you. Because for that supposed privilege you willingly shell out your hard-earned cash--and that's another problem.

Because that money you invested in another, you could've put towards yourself.

Instead of spending forty or sixty or eighty or a hundred dollars on a shirt with some other guy's name stitched on the back of it, you could've taken that money and invested it in yourself. You could've purchased books on philosophy to make you smarter or tomes about social engineering to make you more resilient unto the constant inundation in social psychology we face on a daily basis.

You could've bought a program teaching you a foreign language.

You could've started saving towards a dream adventure.

Or you could've just held onto it for an early retirement.

With that money you could've done a trillion things other than buying a shirt venerating someone who throws or catches a ball for a living. You could've taken countless steps towards bettering your situation.

And you could've put that psychic energy to use improving yourself in far deeper ways.

I used to work for a top bank, and in my department was a guy who knew everything about sports--literally everything. Off the top of his head he could quote you statistics for players going back into their college careers. It was seriously impressive.

And seriously disturbing. Because as we got to know each other I learned he (1) hated his job, and (2) had a passing interest in quantum physics.

So one day I casually mentioned, "You know, if you reallocated all the time you spend obsessing over sports into quantum physics, by now you'd be a double phd."

And that's a painfully true lesson applicable towards far too many. Instead of obsessing over false idols like athletes and celebrities and politicians and pundits, you could be thinking about anything else in the world.

You could be pondering metaphysical questions about your life.

You could be plotting a path towards self-improvement.

You could be laboring en route to spiritually evolve.

In short, in lieu of wasting psychic energy on people who don't care one whit about you--people who don't give the slightest care about your problems or life--you could be putting that energy towards helping the only person who plays the starring role in your existence: You.

So really: Sell the jerseys, discard the icons, stop worshiping the false idols. Forget the sports teams, the athletes, the celebrities, the politicians.

Take back your time, your money, your mind, and your power.

Then reallocate all those resources unto a greater cause.

I know, I get it--regardless whether the stage is athletics or politics or something else, it's exciting when your favorite team or player does well.

But those teams don't care about you. Those players don't give a poo whether you live or die.

So shouldn't you put your time and energy into a cause that truly matters?

If you're going to waste your money on a jersey, buy one with your own name stitched upon it.

If you're going to spent your energy rooting for anyone, spent it rooting for yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
"If you're going to spend your energy rooting for anyone, spend it rooting for yourself"

When you talk about your favorite sports team do you say

"wow WE really beat those pesky jets"

"wow I hope WE win the Superbowl"

I spend money on sports jerseys because I consider myself part of the team just rooting for them.
Im rooting for US.

Joe Green Happens to be my favorite player so lets stick his name on the jersey.
We buy jerseys to mostly support the team, not an individual player but whats the fun in a blank name spot on a jersey

As for the guy missing the double PHD all that knowledge he knows about sports could be considered a hobby? something that holds a bond with other sport fanatics. Putting time and energy into learning those statistics probably makes him feel happy/proud, no evergy is wasted in acquiring happiness

Point taken?

edit on 29-8-2015 by frostie because: Joe Green example

edit on 29-8-2015 by frostie because: Joe green and Co-worker example

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Interesting. I agree with what you say.

What about all the people who see the name on the back of that jersey and think, "f*^%$ that guy! he sucks, his team sucks!"

I feel like there is a lot more hate towards athletes than worship.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
And during the time you spend fixated upon another, they're collecting the full possible amount of your psychic potential--because the brain is a single-core processor, and during the time you're thinking about them you're not thinking about anything else.

So quite literally, obsessing over others is throwing your life and energy away.

Because that energy will be gone forever.

And that time you're not getting back.

So just think of all the time and energy and psychic potential you have wasted being fixated about what clothes other people wear!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
About five minutes in the grocery store then about twenty or thirty minutes writing this piece.

And if it makes one person out there more aware about how they allocate their time and energy, it's time well-spent.

So I didn't waste time and energy obsessing over clothes. I spent time and energy in the hopes that people would heed the advice and invest more in themselves.

Have a great weekend!

So just think of all the time and energy and psychic potential you have wasted being fixated about what clothes other people wear!
edit on 29-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Instead of wearing random names, or supporting sports/competition...

How about a "Love thy neighbour and thy enemy" shirt? Or just a "Love and Peace" shirt. Maybe it will uplift someone having a bad day. Or maybe, it will just help to stimulate more positive thought in others.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Agreed

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
While I concur to a certain extent (e.g. anyone can benefit from spending more time dedicated to self-enrichment,) anything that brings you fulfillment and happiness is never a waste of your time unless you feel it is within your own mind and heart in my opinion.

I collect toys when I'm able to. (Which isn't often, as I rarely have disposable income, and when I do it usually goes toward saving for a rainy day.) But when I can and it's safe to do so, I do. It may seem superficial or materialistic depending upon your worldview, but for me they are a source of nostalgia and inspiration, and they fire my imagination. They help me feel like a big kid, which is what I enjoy being, irrespective of age.

I understand and welcome the intent behind this topic. But at the end of the day, if you're happy, you're happy. I refuse to be a philosophical elitist. I don't understand sports, I don't enjoy sports, and I don't spend any time or money on sports. But if that's what brings someone else happiness, it's none of my concern. What if your friend doesn't want to be a double PhD? Are they somehow less worthy or valid in their life choices or as a human being for that choice? What if it's simply not their nature to pursue that goal?

And being spiritual (which means different things for different people on different paths) is not mutually exclusive with such pursuits necessarily. Whether it is, depends upon the individual.

My two cents. Peace.
edit on 8/29/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

About five minutes in the grocery store then about twenty or thirty minutes writing this piece.

That does not account for all the time and psychic energy sucked out of you into the people you walk around behind being fixated on what names they are wearing!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Trachel

Instead of wearing random names, or supporting sports/competition...

How about a "Love thy neighbour and thy enemy" shirt? Or just a "Love and Peace" shirt. Maybe it will uplift someone having a bad day. Or maybe, it will just help to stimulate more positive thought in others.

Why not: "The Ego Is NOT YOUR FRIEND".
edit on 30-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Why waste time on putting out negative messages?
Might as well send out a positive message.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I do wear my own name. I bought an official football jersey and emblazoned it with my favorite number and my own last name.
I've had several people ask me: "When did that guy play?"
I then begin spinning a yarn about a rough and tumble scrimmager in the early '90s who scored 33 touchdowns before hurting his knees.
And unfortunately, he was with John Denver when his plan went into the drink off the coast of California.
Triumph, and trajedy..

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
People pretending to be something they're not or associating themselves with some feetsball player who probably beats his wife along with having sex with little boys. It's hard to find people who are pure & good these days. There's nothing wrong with admiring someone, but to wear their name on clothing is just sorta weird.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
When you think you have the physical talent to compete against a professional on a football field, soccer field, basketball court, whatever - and you win the big game, maybe I would want to buy a jersey with your name on it. Wouldn't you feel appreciative that there are people who believe in you?

You see, being a stud in sports is reminiscent of the qualities of a strong leader. Displaying no fear with great odds looming, having the physical ability, mental capacity, and talent to win the war. It's more primal than reading a book about psychic babble. And I am very sure you respect the qualities of a strong leader.

But more so than that, having a passion about something is not a bad thing. Cheering for your home team and showing your support is not a lesser or lower mental department than the plane you think you are on.

I remember the kids in high school who used to say these things you have. They were shoved into lockers and left to be banging on the door in an empty hall while hoping the janitor would hear and rescue them.

There's much more to life than reading a book.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SachaXAnd I am very sure you respect the qualities of a strong leader.

But more so than that, having a passion about something is not a bad thing. Cheering for your home team and showing your support is not a lesser or lower mental department than the plane you think you are on.

I remember the kids in high school who used to say these things you have. They were shoved into lockers and left to be banging on the door in an empty hall while hoping the janitor would hear and rescue them.

There's much more to life than reading a book.

I do respect the qualities of a strong leader, but I believe we differ about what those qualities are.

I prefer my "leaders" to be impeccably ethical, moral, kind, benevolent, selfless, and wise.

Regarding your quip about kids in high school, I agree. People who espouse viewpoints based on higher ideals are often made to suffer at the repressive hands of this rather strange society we inhabit.

Maybe that's why this species/civilization is in such jeopardy... all along we've been wasting our lives running balls around a field while ignoring/brutalizing individuals who preach love/peace/light/tolerance and all the other virtues that could really help humanity evolve.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I do respect the qualities of a strong leader, but I believe we differ about what those qualities are.

I prefer my "leaders" to be impeccably ethical, moral, kind, benevolent, selfless, and wise.

I like leaders with those qualities too. But I want a little bit more. Add in some backbone and I'll consider it. Otherwise they are just a learned person.

A celebrated Star Quarterback is supposed to be all those things, plus physically dominating.
I hope you are not so "enlightened" as to believe that being physically dominating is not a very highly desirable trait.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX

A celebrated Star Quarterback is supposed to be all those things, plus physically dominating.
I hope you are not so "enlightened" as to believe that being physically dominating is not a very highly desirable trait.

A desirable trait? Not really.

I mean, we as a species ended up where we are--wartorn, grief-stricken, cutting the planet out from under our feet--by electing and following leaders with physical dominance.

It's time we moved forward as a race and started seeking leaders who can mend this mess we've made... regardless of whether they're broad-shouldered and barrel-chested.

The hero of the modern age isn't someone with the physical might to brute-force his reality into existence. It's someone who can touch the minds of the people and move them nearer the light.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So like if you write like a desired attribute on the back of a shirt, the desired attribute transfers to you? Hmm? What if I wrote "Nymphomaniac" on the back of my wife's shirt? BAMM! Transference! life might just get a little interesting?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

What if I wrote "Nymphomaniac" on the back of my wife's shirt? BAMM! Transference! life might just get a little interesting?

Maybe for her. She'll probably get more men (and women) interested in her.

a reply to: SachaX

Desirable for who? Obviously, not the people being dominated/taken advantage of.
edit on 30-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SachaX
I don't see any real problems admiring sports personalities, actors and so on, but It is worth keeping in mind that they really are no better as a human than you yourself. Most of what they have is probably down to a lot of single mindedness and hard work. It could also be partly luck and timing, but I would say it is hard work that makes all the difference. The people who rise to the top have probably sacrificed a ton of other things to get where they are. How about the people who go out and run for hours on end, visit the gym multiple times a week, leave their loved ones to deal with the mundane everyday tasks while they look after themselves and seek glory?
To be a champion, an icon, a star, you most likely have to be selfish, put you own needs first, above all those closest to you.
So then, are they really that great? In a way, yes, but there are two sides to the story and those of us who chose not to channel everything into one goal, but to spread ourselves, to seek variety, family, friends and balance... Well, we are just as good as the world champions. I can tell you now, part of me wants to go for a long bike ride each night, or lift some weights and some nights I do, but the others, when I stay in and get to tuck my son in to bed and read him a bedtime story, well It feels like that stuff is much more important.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join