It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Secrets to Hapiness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
zenhabits

So I just casually found this and thought: what makes me happy?

The link talks about free stuff that makes a person happy, but I'm not buying it.

What makes me happy are: Good food, Good beer, and Good Women.

I'm interested to find out what makes you happy.

A LEO may say: Good Glock, Good Vest, Good V-8 RWD.

Or he may say: Good wife, Good kids, Good Glock

A Firefighter may say: Good Hose, Good Ladder, Good PPE.

Now whether it is thrills and hills, or cars and bars. Even the beaches and mountains, or birds bathing in fountains. What are the three things that make you happy?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My family, my Golden, and volunteering @DVS in an effort to keep POS away from scarred women and their children. It's a perfect trifecta for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
solitude, interesting non fiction books to read, and my flute. those are three things that make me happy.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Great reply! This may have been a veiled attempt to find some inspiration in my life.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I guess my Playstation 4, I just got a new theme for it with extra money I had in my account so every time I turn it on I see code from the matrix in green running down the screen. Secondly , I would have to say music makes me happy. And thirdly , sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. If the sun went nuke one day and burned itself out then I guess I wouldn't be happy. Lol. So they are three things I HAVE TO HAVE to be happy, take one away and I am not happy.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Everyone's three is actually: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Father: awareness, soul, concepts
Son: form, body, physicality
Holy Ghost: force, spirit, will

Together they are God, or good concept reproduction, or good conception.

Think of Father as your soul, the Son as your body, and the Holy Ghost as spirit, will, or desire.

When you conceive your desire, that is good to you. It is when you translate(soul) your will(spirit) into the body(image it).

e.g. the fireman saying good hose, good ladder, good protective equips is his way of saying those things help him manifest his awareness of his desires into physicality. Same with what everyone else is saying, but they confuse the thing which helps them do that with the actual effect of doing that.

Like this:
These words are images of my awareness,
my awareness is of my desire,
my desire is to show you this truth about ourselves.

Son is the first line,
Father is the second line,
Holy Ghost is the last line.

Beer is the image of your awareness,
your awareness is of your desire,
your desire is to feel the release of your desire into the body - it makes you feel good/God.

So it is not the body but the release of your awareness of spirit into the body - the release of good desire - that is good - that exhale of desire.

We are all just trying to reproduce good awareness of forces : we are trying to conceive.

You'll catch on one day - just try to recognize the truth in you.
edit on 8/29/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: blondegiraffe

In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness

I love your reply, you appear very simple to me. The simple things in life are what matters. Being happy. Doing what you like. You are an inspiration to me because I would like to enjoy the simpler things in life.

Your post reminded me of this, please don't feel like this song is directed at you. A few years back, I hadn't seen my folks in quite a while. They lived in TN and I live in CA. They came out and we went on a drive to Huntington Beach where I was partially raised. I sat in the backseat and my mom, riding shotgun, put her headphones over my ears. This was the song that was playing. It was the first time I'd cried in over ten years. She wanted me to have a simple life and my how I've strayed from that path. Now that is some NLBS right there.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I read this article and I agree with a lot of what it says. You may not "buy" into it but I sure have had experiences with what this article is stating about the secrets to happiness, which has led me down a path of constant learning and understanding of what true happiness is.

I believe happiness comes from within and one can't rely on things to make you happy. At least that's how my thinking is. I do feel if you develop good relationships and have positive thinking it truly helps ones emotional and physical state.

I can't answer your question on what 3 things that make me happy...I guess all I am thinking is time .. I'm happy for time I can live this reality of life we were given and spend a lot of that time with my son and husband and family.
Much peace -nat

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentHill666

What type of music are we talking about SH666. Lol. Don't rock my boat and I won't tip yours over as they say. I can say people my age are definitely more open that people of older age. My Pops hates rap but I think a couple are ok.

Are you a female by any chance? Unless you live where it's always cold and gloomy, I would profile you that way.
Every guy I know hates the damn sun and heat. Unless you've got to shovel snow, it"s more than welcomed.

The Playstation, I assume you are female like the blonde giraffe, who I assume to be female like you...
Do you play GTA or Farmville or Call of duty or.....? I don't play games, so I'm intrigued. It's good to be happy, and it is good you are!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Do I need to lose my Alpha Male status to understand these things? I cannot seem to differentiate between Soul (Father) and Spirit (Mother).

I respect your input, but you leave me confused because I do not now the other aspects of myself. Rather everything seems to be carnal here. I love my wife and I will kill anyone that threatens her well being, but I cannot get on her level so to speak.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The Holy Ghost, that is, the Spirit of God, is male/masculine. He is addressed as a He, not because he has man parts but because men are to be patriarchal. (The head or leader to the body.)

Alpha male status has nothing to do with it. Every male would be an alpha if there were no others to take leadership position in the tribe/group.

In terms of males and females, the male is to be the head, the awareness, and the female the body. Women adorn their bodies so as to gain the awareness of a man, and a man tries to be clever to woo a woman. The male puts his seed (his awareness /see(d)) into the woman (the body) to reproduce awareness: to conceive.

As for the division of the soul and spirit, think of it like your awareness versus your will. If your will/desire were to drive to the store, your concept, or awareness of that desire/spirit would be your soul, and your body, as it sees that will done, is your image/physicality (which is the image of your awareness of your will).

The thing with women is that their spirit is so strong that they assume you must be able to see it. Just tell her that that isn't the case, and if she wants you to sense her spirit/will/emotions, she must tell you of it - she must nag. Tell her that if she doesn't nag you, that you will not know what seed she wants (image produced). Mostly though, because she is a woman, her issues will be about the body/house/nest not getting enough attention/awareness/seeds. So just take out the trash and tell her she is beautiful. That will release her desire to make a beautiful body, like her telling you that she wants to give you her body would make you feel clever/wise/smart and relaxed.

(in layman's terms, women get mad because you cannot see their spirit/desire/emotions, when you are supposed to be the head.)

Of course you will have to tell her all that in more gentle terms, but that's the gist of it.
edit on 8/29/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No , I am not female. I was thinking of John Denver ,"sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy". I like all music grew up on 90's music, got into rap around the Millenium , also got into trance around then. I like all music but sometimes if I hear metal that went underground cause they are all satanists or some rap I can't stand it. I tried to think of things I enjoy. I like sunshine, just give me air to breathe and the sun and pen and paper and I will draw and be happy. It doesn't take much for me. If this thread was curiosity trying to help problems, just think I got two arms two legs a pretty good mind ( you can type and on the internet right now so maybe lol ) there are people who don't have those things. Just always consider yourself lucky. Think how much life would suck if you were blind or deaf? Don't take things for granted.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Every day is different. Today was getting some trees trimmed with my wife, looking at the beautiful trees along the highway as I drove, and being lucky about fixing the car's nav very simply. Yesterday was some delicious peaches, a great burger, and seeing a Swedish detective video. I really think there are a thousand things to find happiness in.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
bacon, bacon, and bacon

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My relationship w/God, my music gear, and sweets (particularly chocolate).

Family & friends are great, but I can survive without them. Take away the 3 I mentioned & I'll spazz out or slump into total depression. Even when traveling, I have to be able to work on music w/my laptop. Fruits are a solid replacement for sweets, but then I start morphing into a glutton to satisfy my sweet tooth (but not as bad as those people who do the 30 banana a day stuff).

EDIT: Being in Nature would be a close #4, but I limited it to 3 for this thread.
edit on 29-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Correct spelling has got to be one of my three. There's some happiness.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Good catch buddy. What are your other two? I'm sure being infallible is one?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Friend, this thread cannot limit you, nor shall anyone else. Please tell me 5 and 6.
I perceive you are a younger male. Black and Muslim. Perhaps met some brothers in jail/prison and they taught you the way of Mohammed.

If I'm totally off base, don't be offended.

I like music, but I don't really listen to it when I'm alone. Usually Friday night with my wife.

I don't like sweets or fruit, but sunflower seeds is what I eat.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
mine are simple

My relationship with the goddess, my own mind (I don't mean that I am a genius or special...just being inside my own, and silence

great thread idea

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sex, drugs and rock'n roll!

No seriously................

1. A Good Attentive Women (who can cook)
2. Variety and Something to strive for
3. Good fortune

oh and well oiled loins helps clear the mind!

<<   2 >>

join