It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Beat a Girl for Being in the Wrong 'Hood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Tell me about the white plastic bag...distant from the victim and the perps against the wall..not near either of them, but picked up by the man when he left. Wrong hood might be correct. This is drug territory related IMO. Watch the video...whats up with the bag he takes when he leaves. He didn't drop it, wasn't near it...no one was near it. She was just standing outside a convenience store? Waiting for what?

Why would both of them be standing away from the bag? If it was hers why was she just waiting a distance from it. If it was his, why was it no where near him? What was in the bag? Why did they beat her before taking it?

Tell me a story of racism....If I am a racist I will believe you..

But the video doesn't tell the whole story...and the white plastic bag has something to say as well...

Use you brain, it's good for you.

edit on 29-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I've met my far share of racists over the years on both sides of the fence - believe me.

Right now I live in an area that is right smack dab in the middle of a Neo-Nazi and KKK corridor that runs all up and down the center of the state. I've heard these types of complaints left and right and all over the damn place. I've been accussed of being a "race traitor" by Caucasians just because I haven't taken ONE singular negative experience and used a broad brush to color an entire community of people.

I'm sorry you ran into assholes, really - I am. I've run into them on both sides of this issue.

Still do- all the time - and I'm sick of it.

The problem is that most people embroiled in this debate take bad experiences and never look beyond them.

Does my neighborhood have issues?
Oh hell yes.

But when you get past the skin color issue and look a little deeper - you'll discover it's primarily and educational and socio-economic issue influence by folks who would prefer to sit in the comfort of their deeply held personal ideologies instead of looking for something better to see in another person.

The tattoo parlor in my old neighborhood down the road where I was picked on mercilessly for being a "white girl" on "turf" is a combination of older males both black and white, ex-members of gangs and organizations who used to fight to the death over stupid issues like racial groupings, but now...in the interest of peace and social harmonies...work together to help hold the younger and more impressionable members of the region to a higher standard than racial overtones.

This whole issue is ridiculous.

Seriously.

The fact of the matter is we don't know what motivated the attack - but everyone is so keen on focusing on the racial disparage that that's all anyone is interested focusing on and talking about.

To suggest anything else is "victim blaming".

*facepalm*

ETA - just read your edit - no harm no foul. It's a tense issue, I understand. I've gone through phases where the worst things came out of my mouth over frustration about some of the more negative factors that run in and through our neighborhood from time to time. The fact still remains that there are a lot of decent people around here who just want to go about their business as calmly and quietly as possible without having turf wars flaring up all over the place all the time. The kids are the worst about it, and the elders of the community go to great lengths to keep those fighty little twerps in line.

I really wish these things weren't an issue - yes, there are culture variances in the hood that most folks aren't always aware of, but if you find yourself living in one long enough, you begin to notice how things work, and why. That's all I was getting at with my initial post...the girl looked drugged up or out of it and may have had prior history in the area with negative outcomes.

Not saying I'm right or the beating was justified, just saying....sadly...that's how things sometimes go down.

edit on 8/29/15 by GENERAL EYES because: ETA

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Tell me about the white plastic bag...distant from the victim and the perps against the wall..not near either of them, but picked up by the man when he left. Wrong hood might be correct. This is drug territory related IMO. Watch the video...whats up with the bag he takes when he leaves. He didn't drop it, wasn't near it...no one was near it. She was just standing outside a convenience store? Waiting for what?

Why would both of them be standing away from the bag? If it was hers why was she just waiting a distance from it. If it was his, why was it no where near him? What was in the bag? Why did they beat her before taking it?

Tell me a story of racism....If I am a racist I will believe you..

But the video doesn't tell the whole story...and the white plastic bag has something to say as well...

Use you brain, it's good for you.

You ever sat something down just so you didnt have to hold it? You tell me to us emy brain when it seems the pot is calling the kettle black. Point is the ones beating the woman were in the wrong. the bag is ir relevant to the action. Took th e bag because if you are going to go to jail at least go for something worth the trip.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I've met my far share of racists over the years on both sides of the fence - believe me.

Right now I live in an area that is right smack dab in the middle of a Neo-Nazi and KKK corridor that runs all up and down the center of the state. I've heard these types of complaints left and right and all over the damn place. I've been accussed of being a "race traitor" by Caucasians just because I haven't taken ONE singular negative experience and used a broad brush to color an entire community of people.

I'm sorry you ran into assholes, really - I am. I've run into them on both sides of this issue.

Still do- all the time - and I'm sick of it.

The problem is that most people embroiled in this debate take bad experiences and never look beyond them.

Does my neighborhood have issues?
Oh hell yes.

But when you get past the skin color issue and look a little deeper - you'll discover it's primarily and educational and socio-economic issue influence by folks who would prefer to sit in the comfort of their deeply held personal ideologies instead of looking for something better to see in another person.

The tattoo parlor in my old neighborhood down the road where I was picked on mercilessly for being a "white girl" on "turf" is a combination of older males both black and white, ex-members of gangs and organizations who used to fight to the death over stupid issues like racial groupings, but now...in the interest of peace and social harmonies...work together to help hold the younger and more impressionable members of the region to a higher standard than racial overtones.

This whole issue is ridiculous.

Seriously.

The fact of the matter is we don't know what motivated the attack - but everyone is so keen on focusing on the racial disparage that that's all anyone is interested focusing on and talking about.

To suggest anything else is "victim blaming".

*facepalm*

ETA - just read your edit - no harm no foul. It's a tense issue, I understand. I've gone through phases where the worst things came out of my mouth over frustration about some of the more negative factors that run in and through our neighborhood from time to time. The fact still remains that there are a lot of decent people around here who just want to go about their business as calmly and quietly as possible without having turf wars flaring up all over the place all the time. The kids are the worst about it, and the elders of the community go to great lengths to keep those fighty little twerps in line.

I really wish these things weren't an issue - yes, there are culture variances in the hood that most folks aren't always aware of, but if you find yourself living in one long enough, you begin to notice how things work, and why. That's all I was getting at with my initial post...the girl looked drugged up or out of it and may have had prior history in the area with negative outcomes.

Not saying I'm right or the beating was justified, just saying....sadly...that's how things sometimes go down.

Thank you for that post. I agree with ya on this issue. ANd i moved eventually past th eissue i had with those guys and actually found me african american GF at one time. Still love her to this day,althugh i turned her lesbian lol!
It does suck that even among liek individuals we get disparriaged and hated on just because we dont hold th e same views th e majority of them hold in that area.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: celticsea
I agree this is problem. About 15 years ago I got lost in a majority black part of the city and stopped to ask for directions at a gas station. As I was getting out of the car an older black man walked toward me and said" You best be getting up outta here". I don't know if he was warning me or just being hateful. I turned around and got back in my car and got up outta there. Drove to a different gas station where there were people like me to ask for directions. Good thing I knew which general direction to drive to find it, but what if I didn't. That could have been me. Really scary.

He was probably helping you by warning you. In parts of Detroit a white person or even black person with a nice car is a target of opportunity to the criminals that hang around gas stations. You need to be aware of your surroundings or you get into trouble.

(post by real_one removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Rasist people suck...violent people suck...hateful people suck. Keep your wits carry a gun and be a gentleman up until you put 2 into someone who has confronted you with violence and you're all good in my book. The arguments are silly the fighting is silly. Sure the large majority of the poor places have idolized gangsters and criminals. Just be a good person, but don't forget to carry the "big stick". It would make the world a better place if as many of us could carry as possible that way more people could help in situations like this...not just the victim, but the rest of us too when you take out the trash

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nothing new , I lived in Chicago in the 90's where you just couldnt wear the wrong color shoe laces in certain areas. Or just being from the north side while being on the south side would get you robbed or shot. Some things will never change this is one of those. But ive also been to the projects while being white such as cabrini green before it was tore down visiting a buddy and I had no problems or confrontations. Randm acts of violence really has no reasoning behind it no metter how much you wrap your head around it. I guess its just a matter of luck. This is just another example of american culture in its abysmal failure.
edit on 29-8-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Very sad situation - clearly the perpetrators have a dose of propaganditis - a social ailment that is neither discriminatory nor racist.

The consequential effect of propaganditis is stupidity, a reduction in moral ethics and a overwhelming desire to be both disrespectful and ignorant at the same time.

No bullet can kill propaganditis - there is only one way to fight it and thats through a high dose of ongoing moralistic factual education (social and academic) within effected communities coupled with the removal of all community leaders who promote propaganditis.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty disheartened of some of the calls of this thread as racism, especially when the OP asked for the subject not to turn into that. Maybe take into consideration not everyone was raised or been through these kinds demographic differences in neighborhoods.

Unfortunate situation, but of course no one knows why she was there beyond speculation. If standing outside a store in a stated bad area/ghetto area then she may have been comfortable at one time to do so but things changed. Or maybe she was innocent to the fact that of what could happen(maybe walked there with friends and was waiting for one). Maybe she instigated it.

It's still rather uncalled for and disgusting that a man attacked a women first off despite color. Again that's apparently what the thread was getting at, not a race bait thread(unfamiliar with the "third" one as claimed earlier). The Youtube comments are another story that is an issue but it's not the only source this is shared on.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
the topic needs to be discussed but the video looks ....staged.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
the female who hits her says "you call me crazy? you call me crazy? you stupid ass bitch!" and that's when the trouble starts. i dunno, sometimes it looks really fake, sometimes it looks real. hard to tell. when she sits back up, is she in shock or is she smiling or what? can anyone tell what she's doing?

p.s. Is she fat or pregnant?
edit on 30-8-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So, you're defending the actions of a man that viciously assaults a woman? You're a brave man, one can see. Are you saying that his actions can be justified if there's a drug deal? How does that make brutal violence acceptable? How does that make violence against a woman acceptable?

Your morals are skewed.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
More and more of this stuff going on...it's really sad and horrible...like some kind of horror movie nationwide...certain Marxists have been promoting class and race warfare. I've never seen so much of it in all my life...

In Marxism the ends justify the means

race and class warfare are tools of Marxism www.discoverthenetworks.org...
edit on 30-8-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yes, I'd like to know what exactly made her in the "wrong hood".... but I cant help but wonder why she didn't scream yell or call out or anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Damn the person it the video doing the attack was was retarded. Listen to his chant.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The MSM won't show it because if you knew black on white crime was the same as white on black crime and both sides are as equally guilty, then it wouldn't be an issue. Staying one sided in it creates more controversy and helps keep the races divided, the media is another tool of TPTB.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

My opinion and my opinion only is because it doesn't serve the current agenda of labeling the white population as racist

You could have left this at "this is very scary" or "wow, can't believe this happened to those people".

After your above statement, I didn't watch the video.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join