It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Beat a Girl for Being in the Wrong 'Hood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Exactly right, bud.

It's not a one way street. It happens from all races to all races. Pointing it out in one instance shouldn't take away from it happening in another instance. If we're going to point it out, it should be pointed out across the board.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sickening display of the real social issues in this world. Girl gets got for walking in the wrong hood? The mentality of the gutter maggots never shocks me anymore. And yes you take part in this type of mentality, behaviour, lifestyle...what ever it is you are a gutter maggot. regardless of what "hood" or "block" your on.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Really? A blip on TYT? Not exactly big news is it? The only reason they picked it up is because the offenders said they were inspired to urinate on a homeless Latino by DONALD TRUMP.

Meanwhile, the news is currently blitzed with the story of a disgruntled black man shooting three white people, two to death and they're not pulling any punches that he had a history of making apparently unfounded accusations of racism. I guess everyone forgot about the agenda for a news cycle... or you're programmed to believe in a phenomena that is largely nonexistent.

(post by noxxen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Notice they call this a human issue and "two people" beat a woman

its just crazy, the way its reported, and the "community activist" refusing to call this racism and saying this is a "human" issue. You know what he's right it is a human issue, so if we aren't going to call this racism or misogynistic, then it really deflates the whole racist activist movement or you would think it would.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

(post by noxxen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Nah. He'll get the banhammer and the adults will be able to carry on. Up till now things have actually been pretty interesting to follow in the thread. I think there's some good commentary going back and forth.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: noxxen

brother, if you intend to spread hate and derail this conversation you are on track. Can't hate people man for a skin pigment, you can dislike certain aspects of culture but hating people because of things they cant change is wrong. It's cruel

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Shamrock6

LMAO!, yup that's outright racism this thread will be closed shortly.

Unfortunately it's a very effective way of shutting down someone's thread if you don't like the content or even the OP.

It doesn't matter how you state your intent in the OP, there is always someone who either gets it wrong and won't open themselves to making a mistake or they get it completely but hate the content or the OP.

Happens all the time.

So I sit back instead of fighting the point and see if the thread straightens itself with cooler heads. Many times it does. Why fight it?

Jude

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I am really curios and will ask again. Are you really saying the problem lies with the op instead of say the actions of the people in the video? Beyond that about the person who posted the video. My gut tells me the original upload wasn't to bring awareness to violence against women

You also made a statement to the op that this thread was just inflaming the problem. Leads me to believe that the view is if we don't talk or acknowledge it won't be as bad. Does that thinking apply to other topics? Police brutality, white on black crimes???

Seriously trying to grasp your line of thinking.

I thought I was pretty clear but lets try this again:

1. The video shows a heinous crime. The individuals should be brought to justice. It's disturbing even not knowing what was going on. If the reason behind it was that the victim was white, then it's a hate crime. It's not clear from the video if that was the reason and I can't say either way.

2. There's no problem with posting a video about any crime. A crime is a crime is a crime regardless of race, political atmosphere, etc.

3. The problem I have with this OP is the hypocrisy of saying that he's against inflaming racial tensions because it "divides us" while he's in fact deliberately inflaming racial tensions and also that the disingenuous claims against an assumed agenda when it's quite obvious that he's all about an agenda he favors.

As to the last point, consider the comments that followed the video. How many of the OP's "supporters" are saying anything about how we're being divided and how many are just chiming in that black on white crime is UNDER REPORTED and that's unfair because black on white crime is OVER REPORTED?

Clearly you also agree:

And being honest with yourself if the video posted was two white people beating down a black girl screaming wrong burb, the reaction on all sides would be very different. From all sides. It just would be.

Where is this video of two white people beating down a black girl that's in the news? The only video of a white person beating down a black girl that's made the news recently was a COP acting like a nut and using excessive force against a black girl at a pool party because she apparently said something flippant.

I'm being completely honest. I asked for examples of the fictitious phenomenon of the over reporting of white on black crime and I've gotten so far:

a bunch of non-responses, some examples from three decades ago and a story about two middle aged white brothers urinating on a homeless Latino (not even a homeless black man) which only made the news because they said the #1 media whore in the world inspired them to do it.

Conclusion? People are whining about something that isn't real. Why do they feel that its real? Because there is a propaganda agenda that makes them believe in things that don't exist. The right-wing politicians and media are working in a concerted effort to make white conservatives feels like they are being treated unfairly; that they're being VICTIMIZED because of their race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, etc. Identity politics is an extremely powerful tool. Al Sharpton knows this well and so does Donald Trump. Notice how Trump is changing his message to appeal more to the TP crowd? Somebody should chart the number of occurrences of "bible" and "Christian" in his speeches over the last couple months. The urinating douche bags are apparently on message. Donald Trump is currently running the most effective identity politics program of the whole field. That said, believe me, if two black guys are caught peeing on a white homeless guy and say they were inspired by Al Sharpton — EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WILL KNOW (and well they should).

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
There are certain places, certain neighborhoods where you simply should not be if you're white.

Would it be racist to suggest that anyplace which you "simply should not be" based on the color of your skin should absolutely be removed form the list of recipients of the "green" the government removes from our checks every payday?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: StallionDuck

Really? A blip on TYT? Not exactly big news is it? The only reason they picked it up is because the offenders said they were inspired to urinate on a homeless Latino by DONALD TRUMP.

Meanwhile, the news is currently blitzed with the story of a disgruntled black man shooting three white people, two to death and they're not pulling any punches that he had a history of making apparently unfounded accusations of racism. I guess everyone forgot about the agenda for a news cycle... or you're programmed to believe in a phenomena that is largely nonexistent.

So you want more...

CNN
NYT

There are more... Lots more!

And yeah, they tossed Trump in it just because it's Trump. If they had invoked Obama, I doubt much would have been said about that, instead they're using Trumps name as though he really had something to do with it.

I really have to go see this breaking news you're referring to. That's something I don't think I've ever seen on mass media. Maybe people are waking up? Maybe the media is finally getting that people are pissed and they wanna regain their viewer base? That's my guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Why is it always the medias fault, al sharpton or blacklivesmatter, stupid people do stupid things.

Now back to our Programming, poor us white people.

Well...lets see. It is the media's fault for not jumping on this story simply because a white person was injured when they have no problem jumping on the story when a black person is injured. That is called unfair and unbalanced reporting. Especially since the majority of the time, the black person deserves what they get while this woman, obviously didn't.

Al Sharpton because he is one of the biggest racists in the country and one of the major reasons that blacks are held back and NOT equal. He tells black people what to do, they do it, it hurts them and he lines his pockets. Either you guys are stupid or enjoy being used.

Black Lives Matter...because...no crap black lives matter. But so do all other lives. But that doesn't matter to the black community because the truly believe that only they matter. Except when they kill each other which doesn't count because the media won't report it.

Seeing a pattern here? You get what you deserve and what is justified by your actions. That means that the black community will always be in the crapper. That is what they chose...that is what they then deserve. Or...just an idea here...stand up, be civilized like everyone else, stop playing the victim, get a job if you don't have one, raise and support your children if you don't and for God's sake get rid of the REAL PEOPLE who keep you down...the Sharptons, Jacksons and Farrakhans.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Reallyfolks

That's happening with politicians and media across all divides . Take your pick. You are being victimized by whatever is it because you are. White, black, Christian, Muslim, conservative, liberal, poor, middle class or fill in the blank. I do see your point, but I see it extending a lot further than any single group. And the funny thing is while all this is being pushed, there is always some politician that is the solution and people actually believe it. In other words not only you are you a victim of x perpetrated by x , but someone else has to solve it for you. Lack of power. Our entire system is made up of victims or perceived victims.
edit on Sat Aug 29 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Who said I was thinking about the cops?

I was actually thinking about the comparison of Roof and good ol' Vester.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the many great contributions of the black community and their culture to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature makes them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture.

Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people. Real estate values are fueled by the influx of African-Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nurturing of these communities, an example of all they have achieved by their enthusiasm for self-improvement through hard work and self-reliant can do nature.

Without their industrious and creative drive we would be poorer as a nation.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Two people speak for the entire community?

There is a definition for that kind of practice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join