It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adoption/Foster Care better than Abortion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not looking to make waves here or to cause strife. I've never been in foster care although I know people who have. I understand that life can be abysmal for those in the system. Some people have traumatic experiences whilst 'in care'. That being said a lot of people don't and can even end up in loving and dedicated families.

Regardless of whether the life in care is crappy or not, anyone can have a great life and do great things regardless of their upbringing in this world. In fact, some people flourish and go on to lead extraordinary lives even though they had the worst of upbringings.

My point is this: Some seemingly major excuses for aborting a baby are that 'The parents can't provide' or 'The parents wouldn't care' or 'The parents are junkies' or 'The kid will just end up in care' etc etc.

I am of the persuasion that even if the child will almost certainly have a crappy upbringing, they should still be allowed a chance at life. I believe that it goes above and beyond what the mother wants. Just because this person isn't a 'fully formed' human being yet doesn't mean that they don't have a right to life.

As I said I'm not looking to start an argument or attack anyone for their beliefs. I just think that abortion is wrong. Even if a woman was raped then that is no more the child's fault than it is the woman's fault. Some situations just suck, period. It doesn't mean that a life should be ended because of it.

One reason is that the aborted person could have grown up to be a wonderful and amazing person contributing a lot to society. Even if not and they do end up living a crappy life, shouldn't they still get to experience life?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Life isn't perfect for anyone is what I guess I'm saying. I was an accidental pregnancy completely out of the blue. I had a crappy upbringing with plenty of trials and tribulations. My mother had nothing when me and my bro were growing up but she did love us.

Some people have everything but no love. Some people have nothing and still don't have love. Does this mean that they should just be 'put out of their misery' pre-emptively?

I don't think so. I think that they should still get a chance for life and a chance to make something out of themselves.

I'm not saying that abortion isn't a hard choice or decision. I guess you could say that I think it goes above and beyond just the woman's choice in the matter. There is a lot more at hand to consider than just the woman's body and her own volition.

Just because someone can't talk yet, doesn't mean that they shouldn't have a voice.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Let's get it sorted for those that are already inhabiting this ball of dirt first, then we can speculate on those who may join us later. Trying to better the lives of the unborn is slightly hypocritical imo.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Let's get it sorted for those that are already inhabiting this ball of dirt first, then we can speculate on those who may join us later. Trying to better the lives of the unborn is slightly hypocritical imo.

The fact is the elite are not only holding back on technology that could better the lives of all, they are also pumping a lot of money into the whole abortion and depopulation agenda.

Go figure.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree with what you're saying, but the problem is the people who shout down abortion the loudest will just end up pissing and moaning about the cost to raise these kids. It's just a circular argument

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Nothing to do with you dude tbh.
Womans choice simply as, no other way.
You wanna make it illegal?.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have a CPS (Child Protective Services) story. My friend was homeless when his wife delivered in the hospital and the CPS rep. there kept trying to talk her out of the baby, saying stuff like, its the best thing, you can't provide a safe home, don't you want to do whats right…

My friend said they even hooked his son all up to machines and said he was 'sick' and needed to stay for 'treatment'. The lady wouldn't relent, badgering the mother to tears who was still in recovery. When my friend finally decided to remove the baby from the hospital and get a second opinion about his health somewhere else he went in and removed the child from the machines, wrapped him and his wife in a blanket and as they started out were met by CPS police who blocked their path out the front doors. My friend did a chest shove, knocking down a guard and ran outside where luckily, real cops were.

They listened for a moment and sided with my friend saying a parent has every right to seek a second opinion, and told the CPS cops to lay off.

In the end my friend said his impression was they wanted the baby to sell it, they were getting thousands back then for adoption fees, pressuring those that were unfortunate or too poor to fight them.

It wasn't against the law technically what they were doing, either. Neither is being homeless. The baby was pronounced healthy at a second facility, my friend took the mother and the baby to his mothers and they stayed there until he could get back on his feet.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Nothing to do with you dude tbh.
Womans choice simply as, no other way.
You wanna make it illegal?.

So I'm not allowed to express an opinion on the matter?

A murder of passion between two people can happen which has nothing to do with me, yet I'm sure It's publicly acceptable to morally object to the murder. Or am I not allowed to morally object? Because it has 'nothing to do with me'?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
I agree with what you're saying, but the problem is the people who shout down abortion the loudest will just end up pissing and moaning about the cost to raise these kids. It's just a circular argument

I'm pretty sure a ton more tax money get's spent on war than it does on social care.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I have a CPS (Child Protective Services) story. My friend was homeless when his wife delivered in the hospital and the CPS rep. there kept trying to talk her out of the baby, saying stuff like, its the best thing, you can't provide a safe home, don't you want to do whats right…

My friend said they even hooked his son all up to machines and said he was 'sick' and needed to stay for 'treatment'. The lady wouldn't relent, badgering the mother to tears who was still in recovery. When my friend finally decided to remove the baby from the hospital and get a second opinion about his health somewhere else he went in and removed the child from the machines, wrapped him and his wife in a blanket and as they started out were met by CPS police who blocked their path out the front doors. My friend did a chest shove, knocking down a guard and ran outside where luckily, real cops were.

They listened for a moment and sided with my friend saying a parent has every right to seek a second opinion, and told the CPS cops to lay off.

In the end my friend said his impression was they wanted the baby to sell it, they were getting thousands back then for adoption fees, pressuring those that were unfortunate or too poor to fight them.

It wasn't against the law technically what they were doing, either. Neither is being homeless. The baby was pronounced healthy at a second facility, my friend took the mother and the baby to his mothers and they stayed there until he could get back on his feet.

I appreciate the time you took writing that post and sharing what you know. Can I ask if there's a specific point relating to the OP though? I can't tell if you agree with me or not. Whether partly or fully.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Oh we both know that is 100% true, but you rarely see people complaining about that around here

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Come up with solutions to reduce abortion and actually do something then.
Educate women spend the money on making sure they have access to contraception and educate us men also.
You are never going to stop women get abortions so make sure they have safe places to do so and educate them more there.
You are just demonizing women for what they have done for thousands of years.
You can not carry a fetus for 9 months neither can I so what right have we as men got to tell women what is right or wrong about their own bodies?.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Come up with solutions to reduce abortion and actually do something then.
Educate women spend the money on making sure they have access to contraception and educate us men also.
You are never going to stop women get abortions so make sure they have safe places to do so and educate them more there.
You are just demonizing women for what they have done for thousands of years.
You can not carry a fetus for 9 months neither can I so what right have we as men got to tell women what is right or wrong about their own bodies?.

How am I 'demonizing' women? Come off it mate. If a black guy murders a white guy because he's robbing him for a fix, me morally objecting to the black guy murdering the white guy is not me demonizing black people. It could have been either way round race has nothing to do with it.

Same as a woman ending another beings life has nothing to do with her being a woman. The fact that only a woman can bear a child is coincidental. She's still taking another persons life regardless of the means.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

When deciding "if foster care is better than abortion"?

My friends tale was one of beating the odds in both cases. Thats why I added it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes and it doesn't help them does it us telling them how wrong it is....
I can understand why some get abortions I know it is not a decision taken lightly. It is up to them to sort out their guilt or their maker not you or me because we have not concept of what it is like carrying a child.
Lets not vilify the abortion but lets vilify people not using contraception when they should have.
It isn't a person btw...you have to be born to be a person.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes and it doesn't help them does it us telling them how wrong it is....
I can understand why some get abortions I know it is not a decision taken lightly. It is up to them to sort out their guilt or their maker not you or me because we have not concept of what it is like carrying a child.
Lets not vilify the abortion but lets vilify people not using contraception when they should have.
It isn't a person btw...you have to be born to be a person.

I'm not looking to help the woman. She's already living, alive. I'm looking to help the child that is yet to be (or not) regardless of whether they are male or female. The child who doesn't yet have a voice but if allowed to then they could.

You may not believe that an aborted baby is a person but I do. That aborted baby has every chance of being just as much a human being as you are. But does it have the right?

Apparently not.

I know you think you're liberal, and that you're standing up for the just cause of women's rights, but you're misguided.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Many women DO choose to put their unwanted babies up for adoption. But no woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term, only to have her born baby ripped away from her and given to strangers.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
I just think that abortion is wrong. Even if a woman was raped then that is no more the child's fault than it is the woman's fault. Some situations just suck, period. It doesn't mean that a life should be ended because of it.

You are absolutely free to think that. AND to make choices about YOUR life as regards abortion. So, if you think abortion is wrong, don't have one.

I happen to agree with you somewhat. I don't put a moral judgment on it and call it "wrong". It's wrong for me. To me, once that sperm and egg join, a baby is in the making. That's how I feel. I wouldn't have an abortion even if it was from rape. I agree with you.

But you simply don't have the legal OR MORAL right to force a woman to bear a child. Pregnancy and childbirth are dangerous and can be fatal. NO ONE, much less the government should force a person to risk their own life.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Since I assume the soul can incarnate in another body I do not take abortion as a soul lost that will never experience life as a human.

I have also had one of those lives that I would not want a repeat off for whatever was offered. Some lives just feel like such of waste of time compared to where you could otherwise be.

If the bliss from source feels good in a human body. Then imagine how it feels when you are body less on the higher levels probably feeling it even more intensely. They must be having so much fun.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Many women DO choose to put their unwanted babies up for adoption. But no woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term, only to have her born baby ripped away from her and given to strangers.

Where does the child stand in this situation?

A pregnant woman has to carry and deliver a child for all of 9 months. A person can live for a lifetime if allowed the right.

Approximately 150,000 children are 'aborted' every single day. That is roughly the same figure as 'human beings' who die everyday whether that be from natural causes or early death.

That is a LOT of aborted babies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join