It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Tsunami: An event in pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Personally I feel like the events the have happened over the last few days can not be summarized into a few paragraphs. In order to feel the pain and struggle that these poor people are currently going through you need to be 'there'. The news stories on T.V. always seem to make everything more dramatical, this however is more drama then we can handle. I would like to share some pictures provided by various news sites that show just how hard these people were hit, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

This is the town of Kalutara, Sri Lanka. It found itself in the path of the deadly tsunami caused by a massive earthquake under the sea near northern Indonesia.

Here is the after photo.

Funeral pyres of people killed by the tsumani burn on the beach at Alappad.

A kitten sits next to a dead body in Thailand's Phi Phi island.

Volunteers load bodies into coffins in preparation for cremation on Tuesday near Takuapa, Thailand.

Seeing what the previous tsunami has done, residents run following a tsunami warning at Nagappattinam, India, after a false alarm.

A Thai man on Thursday walks around the outside of a Buddhist temple near Takuapa, where more than 1,000 bodies are laid out.

Women grieve on Thursday after more bodies are discovered in the village of Pudukuppum, in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

The destruction is enormous. The emotional damage is everlasting. Please donate generously.

FOX News
ABC News
BBC News
CNN News

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ALERT! 9.0 Quake, Tsunamis Strike SE Asia - Estimates: 130,000+ Dead
!!WEAR A WAVE!!
OP/ED: Agencies Helping 9.0 Quake Victims That You Can Support

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I hope that the survivors of this terrible event are able to recover both emotionaly and economicaly. These people are in such dire straights right now and aid is only just beginning to get to the survivors. Say a prayer to what ever higher bieng you believe in for these people. They will need all the help they could get.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
...thats really horrible...please members, say a prayer for those who have died and those whos loved ones died to what ever god/higher being you worship. I shall say prayers while meditating tonight

new topics

join