It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homosexual Rights Now Infringing On Christian Rights ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What are you even talking about?

I was the one who brought up the Hebrew word Yada, and how it rarely means sexual relations. You're the one trying to prove that the word "SEX is an appropriate translation. It's not.

What you're suggesting the narrative describes would not have been "sex" or "relations", like a man would have with a wife, but it clearly, according to your own words, describing an attempt to rape the men, which is an entirely different Hebrew word(s).

Jewish tradition doesn't support your theory either. No matter how you look at it, the Bible doesn't support the idea that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of same sex attractions. So you're whole "proof" that Jesus was high fiving his dad for fire bombing gays, and that Jesus would definitely NOT attend gay wedding, due Sodom and Gomorrah are just delusional hyperbole.

For heaven's sake, read Ezekiel 16. You have GOD HIMSELF explaining the sins of Sodom and telling the people of Israel that they are worse people than the Sodomites were!

And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

47 Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways.

48 As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.

edit on 1-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Interesting about "Yada" - so is that old phrase "yada yada yada" (which I always think of meaning blah blah blah, or yeah yeah yeah) actually the equivalent of saying, "I know I know I know" then?
Cool! I love learning the origins of phrases and words.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

........ So you're whole "proof" that Jesus was high fiving his dad for fire bombing gays, and that Jesus would definitely NOT attend gay wedding, due Sodom and Gomorrah are just delusional hyperbole. .........

I disagree..... it was way beyond delusional hyperbole it was deplorable perversion to even think such a thought about anyone yet this type of statement is the general consensus among the bigoted religious. It's sickening to believe there are still people that think like that.The only thing that is good about it is when they open their repugnant ignorant mouths online their hatred is forever enshrined as evidence against them and never to be erased.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

actually the equivalent of saying, "I know I know I know" then?

Or, "You know, you know, you know".

a reply to: Rex282

Thanks Rex! Always appreciate your input, even when we disagree! But, I agree, the bigotry is palpable.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Ah, much better translation.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So getting back to the OP....

I am not really seeing any movement away from "No" as an answer to the question.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
So getting back to the OP....

I am not really seeing any movement away from "No" as an answer to the question.

Getting back to the OP yet again, as I've asked this question twice already. Which "Homosexual Rights" are infringing on which "Christian Rights"???

Can someone please list those Rights???

Because until someone can do that there is no debate here. The question isn't even a valid question until someone can point out what Rights are being talked about here.

As I mentioned this is my third time asking this one question with no response. I take that as admitting there are no such Rights at all and that this whole topic is invalid, illogical, unreasonable, false, deceptive and just out right BS.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I would submit that if no "rights" are identified then the answer remains "no"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
"Conscientious Objectors" could be applied to more than just military duties, it could extend into area's of morality as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Nothing to do with "rights" then - and so the answer would remain "no".

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

I would submit that if no "rights" are identified then the answer remains "no"

Exactly. I would find it extremely hard to argue against your logic in that case. I would expect others to conclude the same.

But there's always some who love nothing more than to beat a dead horse into horse pudding.

edit on 1-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Because "Homosexual rights" don't infringe on other peoples belief. a lot of people think that if they can't enforce their Rules than they are getting their Freedom taken away

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Charter Of Rights

In addition to freedom of religion, section 2(a) also guarantees freedom of conscience.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Charter Of Rights

In addition to freedom of religion, section 2(a) also guarantees freedom of conscience.

If that is supposed to be the "Rights" you're talking about in this OP it doesn't qualify as either "Homosexual Rights" or "Christian Rights". I'm asking for someone to please list or link to where I can see those Rights because I've never heard of "Homosexual Rights" or "Christian Rights" titled in this OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Homosexuality is a belief system.

It says that sexual relations where no procreation can take place is normal and normative despite being harmful to the survival of the species and promoting procreative activity where no procreation can occur.

I'm not making a judgement here. Really.
I don't care at all what people do in private, live and let live as
far as I am concerned. Go ahead and "do" whoever you want,
fine with me.

But yes, calling it normative goes against basic biology
especially Darwinism and evolutionary theory, as it
is harmful to the survival of the species.
So yes, it is a belief system that goes against basic
biology and natural science and evolution and Darwinism.

Even if someone feels they are born that way, it still defies
the basic tenets of what is good for the species on a biological
level.

But again, I don't care who you bed, fine with me,
but it is a belief system that opposes survival of the species
and evolution in general.

I guess by this logic you are against condoms and other forms of birth control too?

Also, the last time I checked, our species isn't having any trouble populating the planet. We seem to have taken that one a little too far, if anything

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I'd say this is a private issue between the employer and the employee and has nothing to do with rights Christian or Gay.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

From what I gather from these all too common and tedious Christian persecution threads, there are no rights being trampled. It's just persecution complex on display.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly. This whole notion of "Christian Rights" being trampled on by "Homosexual Rights" is ridiculous. There is no such thing as "Christian Rights" or "Homosexual Rights". We all share the same "Rights" equally. My Rights are Your Rights are Christians Rights are Gay Rights.

Some Christians seem to think there is some special list of Rights that only apply to them and another set which apply to homosexuals. But there is no such thing, it's a myth. That's why when you ask them what Rights they're talking about they answer with silence. Someone needs to inform them that they don't have special Rights. They're delusional.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Charter Of Rights

so you can freely practice your religion - fine........driving a bus is something your religion forbids?? No? then it's not an issue of rights.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: grandmakdw

It says that sexual relations where no procreation can take place is normal and normative despite being harmful to the survival of the species and promoting procreative activity where no procreation can occur.

so:

no sex if you are a post menopausal woman, no sex apart from times when the woman is fertile, no sex if you've had a savage kick in the nuts and the testes aren't working properly any more, no more sex if childbirth or any medical has left you unable to conceive...

Jeez what a miserable sod!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join