It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homosexual Rights Now Infringing On Christian Rights ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Interesting, but "Jasher" isn't part of the traditional 14 books of the Apocrypha

It isn't even mentioned HERE

Your link seems to omit a number of apocrypha writings, for example, Bel and the Dragon

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Jesus words have never sounded more true to me than in 2015.

John 15: 18&19
“If you find the godless world is hating you, remember it got its start hating me. If you lived on the world’s terms, the world would love you as one of its own. But since I picked you to live on God’s terms and no longer on the world’s terms, the world is going to hate you.

Yet .......Yahoshua is talking to the disciples not you or anyone in Christianity or anyone else.He said this to and exclusively about the disciples.Christianity has extrapolated what Yahoshua said to the disciples and applied it to themselves in the same fashion you are accusing others of "distorting" the truth of the scriptures.The reason some people dislike, hate or not love some Christians is because they are rightfully very unlovable, deceitful and judgmental not because they are being persecuted for righteousness sake.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
One thing I know, as a Christian, God will not punish him for driving the bus. If the bus driver believes wholeheartedly that Jesus died on the cross to suffer for our sins and rose to heaven three days later, believes Jesus gives us eternal salvation, then he has faith. When faith comes to the believer it acts. Jesus told us to love even our enemies. If he sees the pride people as some sort of adversary or enemy why not just pray for them that they may find salvation through Christ as well. What's he so scared of? This pride thing don't rub off on you and take away the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. Peace and good will.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I cannot believe that in 2015 we are even having these discussions. throughout nature its apparent that there is a mechanism to counter over breeding. It exists in both the animal and plant kingdom so why on earth should humanity be exempt. It exists to hopefully keep us from over breeding and becoming extinct its as simple as that.

I know the focus is on Christians but lets not forget the other two cleric and politically motivated desert religions and their instructions to wherever they dominate, all equally disgusting against this group of people. Surely some of you must recognise the plain fact, If a man doesn't marry, both clerics and politic elite have less control over him because he isn't linked into the everyday routine of looking after his wife and children and wider family. He doesn't require or need to pay for the same amount of services. He is also more mobile and can move away. This has certainly been a motivation to force the stabilisation of men and make them build safe communities for the control freaks who mostly go into either religion especially when they know no one would vote for them or politics etc its however what both these groups of basic pariahs need in order to feed their power lust. People should remember lust is not only over sex its about dominance.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Have you actually ever really thought carefully through your own words e.g. that Jesus died on a cross for us so our sins would be forgiven. Have you ever thought how many people were crucified in the past for no end of different things, it was not unusual more the norm sadly and for some only for racial reasons and to make a huge psychological deterrent.

Do you really honestly think that one sacrifice of one life would be enough to get every single wrong-doing carried out by each and every man, woman and child who has ever lived, would be feasible for a war mongering God? Admittedly Jesus tells us a beautiful story about his God's love for the Israelites. He uses it to give the best example of non judgemental love that his flock could understand. But look at his God's behaviour throughout the bible and his choice of discarding all of mankind except his chosen race/group, plus the wars and murders he personally ordered? This love for other peoples only came about when the Romans appeared and dominated the Israelites and was a very clever way of countering it by joining them without selling out their own customs. Christianity had to come into being because many men wouldn't agree to circumcision and strict religious observance or respect those who wanted it. If you want something revered sanctify it.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here is the thing I do not get about Christians in the US:

Pretty much the most privileged people in the world are white males in the USA, yet white Christian males in the US like to pretended the are persecuted because they are Christian.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yes, I think about my faith in the bible every day. I do understand that God in the old testament was a powerful warring God for his people, one to be feared most reverently. My faith and salvation is in the new testament where God sent his perfect and only son for the salvation of mankind. Not only for Israelites did God send his son, but for any and all cultures or races.
The reason my faith brings me to see the glory of Christ on the cross as different than all other crucifixions of biblical time is because I, through faith believe Christ rose again the third day after dying on the cross and went to sit on the right hand of God. Not only do I really think these things I believe them to be true. I also believe in the Holy spirit where you may find peace comfort and love. God was truly merciful in having his perfect son, an extension of Himself, creator of all, live a life on earth and love people in absolute perfection, without sin only to be treated most horrendously before being put on the cross as a criminal. I love Christ with all my heart and soul and only pray that he bestow love and compassion in my heart. A book I hold dear is called A case for Easter, by Lee Strobel. reply to: Shiloh7

edit on 31-8-2015 by peppycat because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I would like to add for clarity from my replies. I get a little upset that so many Christians are clumped together as people filled with a hate for the lbgt community. If you truly want to be a Christian, love one another as Christ commanded us to do. Hetero people are just as much a sinner as the next, whatever your religion or non religion may be. I know nobody wants to admit to sin, but hate in your heart is a heavy sin many have. I have been bitter and hateful and am the last person to say I'm so good and pure of heart because of my personal belief in Christ.
When I say the bus driver should just pray for the pride bus people, I am not implying he should pray they become straight, that is ridiculous. He should really pray God lifts any hatred or negative energy his own self has. He should just pray that any and all find comfort and strength in Christ on the cross and find salvation for eternal life. I have lgbt friends that one day I hope to see in heaven.
I just don't understand the bus driver not wanting to just do his job. Driving the pride bus isn't going to harm his faith. As a Christian, I really don't know why God would get mad at the man for working. If he truly has faith, driving a bus of lgbt people isn't going to turn him into a person who doesn't believe in God or be without faith in Christ on the cross. I hope this is all clear.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Is the bus only for homosexuals to ride on or is it just a normal bus painted rainbow in support of them???

Either way it's still not an excuse for him to not do his job. But if it's just the paint job on a normal bus route I personally would fire him for acting like that.

It's one thing if he feels uncomfortable around a bunch of homosexuals. It's still childish and stupid but as his boss I would try to understand how he feels and make a change. But if it's just the paint job, too damn bad, he has no authority to do anything about how the bus is painted or what advertising it might display.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I do believe that Christ gave us some of the most beautiful and brilliant stories, especially the one about the Good Samaritan which I see as an analogy not only about different groups within one set religion, but also as a far wider perspective involving different races and also sexual orientation. None of us appear to consciously be given a choice as to whom we are born to, or what sexual orientation we arrive with. We do have a duty to care for each other within our personal worlds perimeters.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thank you for the reply to my reply. There is so much beauty in what Christ was saying about caring for one another, I find it very comforting. Good people come from all walks of life, however they orientate themselves. Peace to you Shiloh7reply to: Shiloh7

edit on 31-8-2015 by peppycat because: touch screen misplacing wording

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm well, I reread the article and the rainbow bus is for a pride day. I'm assuming a lot or most passengers would be lgbt, because they would like the idea of riding the rainbow bus. I'm not sure of any other community using a rainbow symbol and the word pride. I'm pretty sure the rainbow represents diversity and the word pride is to say we are comfortable with our differences. Of course these could be applied to the whole human race as we all perceive life differently.
It's a crazy world when we have to create so many barriers between ourselves. A lot of people would be out of work if everybody went around saying I don't want to work because these people or that person doesn't think the same way as I do and I'm uncomfortable serving them. We all have to earn a living, right? How many jobs are there that we can just decide who we are serving?
On a daily basis, without the rainbow symbol, how does the bus diver know who's lgbt or not? He can't turn people away normally if he just tries to guess whether they might be lgbt.
Well, I do believe that certain faiths that don't believe in same sex marriage, shouldn't be forced to marry a couple of the same gender. I also would question same sex partners that want so desperately to be married by someone who disagrees with the marriage. This would cross the religious rights line, in my opinion. Otherwise, most jobs that serve people in some way should just be looked as a blessing to have.

edit on 31-8-2015 by peppycat because: completed some thoughts on the topic

edit on 31-8-2015 by peppycat because: clarity of thought and response

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I think this is an excellent post. I'm not religious, but I was for 30 years and this is the CENTRAL message of Christianity. Not all these lame excuses people find to "shun" those they disapprove of.

And you know what, peppy? It's not like the ONE rainbow bus is going to be full of gay people. It's a city bus and will be transporting the SAME people of the city who commute to work every day.

And this man hasn't even been assigned to drive the rainbow bus! He just wants to register his haughty disapproval ahead of time, to show what a "Christian" he is... Not at all within the realm of being Christ-like. I cannot imagine Jesus taking a similar action.

originally posted by: peppycat
well, I reread the article and the rainbow bus is for a pride day.

It will be running this week, leading up to Pride Day (Aug 28 to Sept 7) Pride day is Sept 6.
edit on 8/31/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic thank you. All I can say is jeez lueeze, this man can't drive a bus with a rainbow because he says he is Christian. He makes Christians look ridiculous. He needs to realize that with or without the rainbow, he doesn't know any of the daily passengers orientation. He also needs to set a better example of what Christians are supposed to represent, loving one another above all else. Nobody is better than the next.
I really can't see how doing his job would harm him. Jesus never taught us to cast judgments. He is not being asked to bow before a different god or break any other commandment. Thanks for getting me thinking again, I feel better now and not so bent out of shape

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You are just wrong, I don't know why I am wasting my time with you, but this is for others that are reading this thread.

Strongs 3045

And yet you say ALL these bibles got the translations wrong, yup your more brilliant than all these these translators from all these bibles......or massive cognitive dissonance with equally strong bias has infected your thinking.

Just one example

Genesis 4:1
HEB: וְהָ֣אָדָ֔ם יָדַ֖ע אֶת־ חַוָּ֣ה
NAS: Now the man had relations with his wife
KJV: And Adam knew Eve his wife;
INT: now the man had Eve his wife

So everybody can clearly see there is no mistranslation.

Check and mate my friend

edit on 31-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why not use the translation of the text on Sodom and Gomorrah specifically??

Genesis 19:5
HEB: הוֹצִיאֵ֣ם אֵלֵ֔ינוּ וְנֵדְעָ֖ה אֹתָֽם׃
NAS: Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.
KJV: bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
INT: out to may have

(from your link)
Right there you have different translations - so you tell us which is correct?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

No, I'm NOT wrong. What's your point with linking Strong's Concordence? It only strengthens my point. "To know" is used 943 times in the Bible, and only 10 of times, according to researchers, has anything to do with sex. I don't even know if that number includes the erroneous Sodom and Gomorrah innuendo.

The key verb here, transliterated ya,da (or yadha’ ) , is usually translated as “know.” This verb appears 943 times elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures, where it generally means “to know a fact” or “to know a person well.” It has an obvious sexual connotation in only ten of these cases, all of which involve heterosexual relationships.
www.biblicalintegrity.org...

Check and mate my friend

You're delusional. You haven't proven your point, you haven't even made one.

Ezekiel 16:49
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

There's your check mate, my friend.

edit on 31-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that regardless of how many times you translate someone's opinion about what is and isn't moral, it's still just their opinion so who cares.

Even if you found that the text read exactly as "Nobody is allowed to have homosexual relations of any kind ever, never says I God of the Hebrew Peoples and of Earth!!! Or I will smite the crap out of you!!"

It will still just be some BS someone made up and wrote down in a book or rules to control people with. God doesn't need people to write stuff down for him. How can you all believe that he created the universe and life and everything else yet can't write something down for himself??? The logic you must use to make such ideas reasonable enough to accept must take some effort.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Too funny, the link to the Hebrew strengthens your argument you say, see this epitomizes your ultimate bias, and you can't even see it.
Oh well you just fulfill scripture with all this nonsense anyways...
As the Apostle Paul said

For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers’ minds [that they should not discern the truth],

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers’ minds [that they should not discern the truth],

Well, then clearly we aren't to blame then are we?? Apparently the god of this world is at fault and we'll be forgiven for not seeing the truth. So why not go hassle him instead of us??

That's what I don't get about all the complaining by the Religious. According to their scripture everything is going according to plan. So why do they keep complaining about everything all the time??? Doesn't that mean you're rebelling against God's plan???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join