It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender neutral craze comes to The University of Tennesee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: EKron

You might actually learn something?

what that there are touchy feely people that want to change how the majority of the world thinks so they can be happy, and not adjust to what they really are. i already knew that.

so your telling me that biology is not the determining factor in what sex your where born. and that a transgender that had had GRS can procreate.

i'm sorry,it is that simple.

There are two areas gender applies, one in the biological sense and one in the social sense. I am a simple person so tend to lean towards biology and while there are many things that can determine it, xy chromosomes, testosterone, estrogen, etc. At the root of it I look at it as if you were born with the ability to produce eggs your female , sperm your male.

The social aspect of gender gets much more complex and seems to be people pushing the social aspect of gender that deem it so complex, anyone else is not educated etc.

Again I'm simple, reproduction is a base requirement for survival of any species. In that view you have one of two functions, eggs, sperm. Egg...woman, sperm ...man. the other stuff I leave to people far more enlightened and intelligent than I am. But want to change some aspects of social igender identity, have at it. Want to be referred to as a different social gender have at it. Can't change your biological gender ( ie role, sperm, eggs). Medical technology isn't there.
But the social gender people on the board will swoop in for the attack in 3,2,1.....have at it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

A lot of things are simple that seem absurd to others. Respect, I guess, is one of those things.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

A lot of things are simple that seem absurd to others. Respect, I guess, is one of those things.

Respect must be a two way thing to be achieved. And if your honest with yourself forget it. In this day and age respect is a buzz word that translates to respect me , my actions, choices, group...but I won't respect you. Or a never end cycle of I don't respect you because you don't respect me and the cycle continues. The best to shoot for is an understanding but that that doesn't require respect

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
Alright guys, listen up, these are the actual facts, from someone who lives it.
gender is not a binary
we do not live in a world of black and white.
Sure, we live in a society that tells you it's nothing more than man and woman, but look around, nature just doesn't bear that out - there are shades and scales, simple boxes just don't work to categorise complex humans.

If you're one of the lucky people [of whom there are fewer than you would ever believe] who feel completely comfortable with the gender you were assigned with the day you were born, try to imagine how it would feel for everyone you meet to insist you were a different gender, to never be taken seriously - to be openly mocked and derided just for having an option to be referred to with a term that feels comfortable.
Where's your compassion?
How hard is it to take on board that some people aren't the same?
Are people really so lazy or hateful that asking people what terms they prefer and changing one single word when talking to them is just too much?

Because 90+ percent should not have to pander to you.

If you are born a guy but decide you want to be a girl, nothing you do will change the biological fact you ARE a guy.

You will not ever be a woman no matter what you do.

If mutational of your sex organs pleases you, OK, but your still a guy.

It is no different than all the other fetishes.

Tatooing your entire body black, doesn't change the reality you are white.

I shouldn't have to call you black, because you aren't.

Some things aren't a choice, I'm not tall, like I wish I were, I'm not muscular like I wish I were, no amount of exercise can change the fact I will always be crackhead skinny.

I don't do steroids to bulk up, I just accept the fact, I will not be muscular ever.

It is reality whether I like it or not.

Edited because autocorrect hates me
edit on 29-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

The social aspect of gender gets much more complex and seems to be people pushing the social aspect of gender that deem it so complex, anyone else is not educated etc.

i heard that, they start calling your thoughts or ideas antiquated, or that you lack knowledge, or that your on a 8th grade level in that knowlege. then refer you to something they themselves wrote and expect you to learn something.

Again I'm simple, reproduction is a base requirement for survival of any species.

have you ever notice that those that have the views about which we speak, are some of the loudest backers of evolution.
and that their position if carried out to it's fullest GRS, is contrary to evolution.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
For simple minds, of course it is easier to see the world in black or white and concepts and issues that exceed simplistic, narrowly defined binary paradigms too difficult to grasp. I won't hold it against you or anyone for lacking the mental capacity and intelligence to understand not everyone can be so distinctly defined by your model of how you think the world should be.

Your reproductive argument holds little weight in the face of science and does nothing but invalidate the lives of those born intersex or otherwise unable to reproduce. If you are a scientist or doctor that can go around with a microscope performing examinations to verify everyone's precise biological and physical make up fine. If not, then what does matter more than "social gender"?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

nothing i said or wrote in my first post was disrespectful.
zhee/ zhem is the one that started it.( see you can teach a old dog, new tricks)

i just responded in kind.

ETA: being a old dog that is trying a new thing for the first time i may have used it wrong.

maybe it should have been ze/xe.

edit on 29-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
1. At one point in time several things that are normal to us now, were outrageous.
2. Fads come and go.
3. Socially minded people tend to be defiant.
4. The more you call something stupid or outrageous to a defiant group, the more likely they are to cling to it making it a norm instead of a fad.

Personally it doesn't phase me that a group of students wants gender neutral pronouns, if I go into their space I'll respect them as humans by using the pronouns they want. Respect doesn't hurt society, gender neutrality doesn't hurt society.

Or the minority could respect the vast majority and not demand special treatment?

I know asking too much right?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: PersonneX

well that's just the thing.
this whole thing is about encouraging people to talk about the pronouns that work for them. Which no, do not always correspond to what the society we live in conditions us to see as the 'appropriate' gender.
Personally, as a relatively binaristic trans woman who got really lucky with genetics, the pronouns people use without thinking work for me. Not every girl is that lucky, and not everyone is a girl or boy. it's not a simple thing, humans aren't simple creatures. I don't understand why people resist this, truly understanding the intricacies of your own gender and how it intermingles with the wide strange world is a wonderful thing.

Wrong.
SCIENCE is clear - you are XY, not XX.
You are no more a woman than you are a unicorn.

You are absolutely free to do whatever you want with your life and body.

But, you see, I am also free.

I will NOT accept to be forced to participate/pander.

Fairness is not a one way street

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I give up. Haters gonna hate. Have at it. You win. I'm out. Happy now?

Enjoy your little close minded circle jerk and have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

Take heart, EKron. This generation overall is more enlightened than the one before it. Subsequent generations will be even better. The descendants of the haters on this site will probably read in the history books about the generations that didn't understand, and they will be gobsmacked.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i heard that, they start calling your thoughts or ideas antiquated, or that you lack knowledge, or that your on a 8th grade level in that knowlege. then refer you to something they themselves wrote and expect you to learn something.

Again I'm simple, reproduction is a base requirement for survival of any species.

have you ever notice that those that have the views about which we speak, are some of the loudest backers of evolution.
and that their position if carried out to it's fullest GRS, is contrary to evolution.

Yes I have noticed that, which leads me back to Darwin.

They will remove themselves from the gene pool, thus enrichment of said Gene pool without the faulty genes that cause these disorders.

Soon enough they will all be gone, and only us normal folks will remain.

Is it evolution at work?

Seems that way.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Such denial.

You can't deny biology, hippies.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EKron
For simple minds, of course it is easier to see the world in black or white and concepts and issues that exceed simplistic, narrowly defined binary paradigms too difficult to grasp. I won't hold it against you or anyone for lacking the mental capacity and intelligence to understand not everyone can be so distinctly defined by your model of how you think the world should be.

Your reproductive argument holds little weight in the face of science and does nothing but invalidate the lives of those born intersex or otherwise unable to reproduce. If you are a scientist or doctor that can go around with a microscope performing examinations to verify everyone's precise biological and physical make up fine. If not, then what does matter more than "social gender"?

If you can prove to me that reproduction is not required for the survival of any species have at it. If you can further prove in the human species there are one of two roles required (eggs, sperm) have at it. These are facts and if you cannot disprove these facts you are talking about nothing. To me these two roles define a gender. Now some can't produce , true. Were they born to? Can those two roles be replicated by surgery if one wants to change? No. These are all indisputable facts, I would love to see you with other facts disprove them. As far as intersex people while various genitilia and hormones may come into play they still have a define role in reproduction. May identify as one social gender or another but have a defined biological role.

intersexroadshow.blogspot.be...

I am happy to know you won't hold it against me, I am happy to know you are so understanding , and as always I am happy to meet those so much more intelligent holding the answers. It truely is why I came to ats. But your social gender views will never ever change the one of two biological gender roles. No matter what names you, call, no matter how smart you claim to be. We cannot change that medically at the moment and again even those that cannot reproduce for various reasons were still born with the equipment to fill one of those roles even if not working.

By all means astonish me with your facts, disprove the others and let's continue
edit on 29-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

God, do you even read what you type? Gays and transgender people are born from "normal" folks like you - have been since there have been people. They are never, ever, ever going away.

I'm sure this post will be removed, but I hope you see it before it is. You, sir, are a stupid, stupid man.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

a reply to: PersonneX

well that's just the thing.
this whole thing is about encouraging people to talk about the pronouns that work for them. Which no, do not always correspond to what the society we live in conditions us to see as the 'appropriate' gender.
Personally, as a relatively binaristic trans woman who got really lucky with genetics, the pronouns people use without thinking work for me. Not every girl is that lucky, and not everyone is a girl or boy. it's not a simple thing, humans aren't simple creatures. I don't understand why people resist this, truly understanding the intricacies of your own gender and how it intermingles with the wide strange world is a wonderful thing.

Wrong.
SCIENCE is clear - you are XY, not XX.
You are no more a woman than you are a unicorn.

You are absolutely free to do whatever you want with your life and body.

But, you see, I am also free.

I will NOT accept to be forced to participate/pander.

Fairness is not a one way street

But I was born knowing I was a unicorn, so I had extra set of legs replace my arms and a horn surgically implanted.

I am now a transunicorn.

You have to call me that because I decided I am.

You can force species in me, I am species neutral.

You are just an uneducated bigot.

Species isn't assigned, I have always felt like a unicorn now I am.

Try educating yourself!

ROFL!!!?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree with Jude, a minor segment of society is now trying to change how we identify the natural course of nature? Male or female gender is how we define the difference in body anatomy. This politically forced acceptance of GLBT is going way too far. If they continue to force changes like this, the strides the GLBT community has gained will back fire.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Who ever said that reproduction wasn't required for the survival of a species? No one is disputing that. It has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Do you know all about how the human brain works? No one knows for sure how it all works, but scientists are finding out a little more every day. They are discovering that sometimes the part of the brain that identifies with the physical gender doesn't match up. I'm talking about a physical part of the grey matter - I'm talking neurological, not psychological - there's a difference. They haven't pieced together the whole puzzle yet, but they will. And won't you feel stupid when they confirm (as they already suspect) that transgender people aren't "nuts" - they simply have a brain that works differently.

Keep an open mind, please. Don't insist that the world is flat, because you just might be proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Am I the only one that notices how obsurd this is when I just insert unicorn instead of transgender?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

a reply to: johnwick

So, wich pronouns (I learn how to write it in english now) people should use? This is the subject of the thread.

Edit: If you are in doubt, or doesn't want to hurt.
edit on 29-8-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join