It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have one week to investigate & penetrate Tokyo Freemasonry. Any input/ideas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Let's see what we can figure out here together given my limited time and information.

Trying not to give away private info here, but I can at least say I am not a Mason. I have neither a "pro-Mason" nor an "Anti-Mason" position; I simply am collecting information on Freemasonry as a phenomenon and reserving judgement until I deepen my understanding.

Next week (Aug. 31 to Sept. 5) I will be in Tokyo for 6 days with the primary mission of learning as much about Freemasonry in Japan as possible. I will then leave this country and return to my native Los Angeles, whereupon I will assimilate and compile my knowledge. A few weeks later, if all goes well, I will do the same thing in parts of Africa and Eastern Europe this autumn, and hopefully Mexico early the following year. My core goal in the next 6 months is to investigate at the "Masonic Scene" (for lack of a better term) from every possible angle in places that have strong and historical Masonic backgrounds, but which are lesser known as Masonic bases than, say, the UK, Western Europe, or the USA.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone on ATS who is also interested in these matters. Ideally, I'd like to gain entrance into the Tokyo Masonic lodge, but I don't know if they would let me inside. It is located in the heart of the city, on some of the most expensive land on the planet, as it so happens:

Freemasonry has a surprisingly long history in Japan. Below are some pictures of a Japanese Freemasonry lodge in Nagasaki, taken in 1905. Keep in mind, this was only several decades after Japan had opened interactions with the West for the first time in 300 years. Prior to the 1860s, there was an effectively-universal ban on interactions with any other nation -- the so-called Sakoku or "Closed Nation" policy. But even following the 1860s "opening," all non-Japanese presence and activities were still extremely tightly controlled and minimal. It is thus surprising to see such large and imposing Masonic presence in Japan established so quickly (and, it seems, lavishly) in a time and place in which the reigning powers would have been very reluctant to let any foreign group establish itself to such an extent...or would they have been? It is these types of questions that gnaw at me in the dead of night, ATS.

So, ATS:

-Do you think I could gain access to the Tokyo Lodge (all aboveboard and legally, of course) in any way?
-What would be an efficient way to use one week that is totally devoted to this purpose?
-I don't really know much about Japan, but the focus of this particular trip is purely related to Freemasonry and/or other Western secret societies in Japan.
-Do you have any special knowledge about this place?
-Do you have any questions you want me to try to answer?
-What kind of areas or questions would you want to investigate if you were me?

...or anything else meaningful you want to say would be most appreciated.

edit on 8/29/2015 by FailedProphet because: Bad spelling and stuff like that

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just ask to take a tour. Ask your questions of the Masons you meet there, they will be honest and will make sure you have answers to all your questions. No cloak and/or dagger needed.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Thanks for the helpful and straightforward advice. I'll start with that?

I wonder if they would let me look at any archives, antiques, etc. Also, do you think I should check with city libraries or universities or something like that?

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FailedProphet

If your trip is purely for self amusement with a desire to share what you've learned with ATS, than I suspect there straightforwardness with you may be limited. If you are a researcher with some new insights that may intrigue said Masons and they find your intentions to be genuine enough, who knows, they may let you see some things. That said, there are things quite open to the public and there are things exclusively for Masons. Seeing how you're not one, well, draw your own conclusions. Good luck.

As for Japan Freemasonry. Pretty cool, never knew its history.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Just ask to take a tour. Ask your questions of the Masons you meet there, they will be honest and will make sure you have answers to all your questions. No cloak and/or dagger needed.

Lol, just ask the tour guide…

OP, you aren't going to penetrate the Masons in a week. They have 'levels', you have to join and work through them like any other modern day religion.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Good luck with your endeavor, I can only hope you find what you seek, but Im sure you will only get assess to what any other tourist get and will comeback with no more knowledge that you have right now, still enjoy your trip and take many pictures.

edit on 29-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Every Grand Lodge that I have been to offers tours, some even have virtual ones.

Access to libraries may be somewhat restricted if they are based on membership requirements, call ahead.

On a side note, I am not really sure what you are hoping to accomplish by touring a lodge, there will not be any meetings you can enter so the rooms will all be empty.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Not sure how it works in Japan, but here in America, all ya have to do is ask for a tour of a lodge. I give non Masons tours all the time and am happy to answer any questions you might have.

The vast majority of what we do isn't secret.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And be sure to take lots of pics. I bet the buildings are awesome.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Why bother? You could read more about it than you'll find there. When you read about Freemasonry its automatically many times, even hundreds times more fascinating than it is in reality.

Your pretty much gonna find a building and that's it. You might be better off just taking a Tour of some local attractions there. LOL!

Who's funding the trips?
Are you going under cover or as your everyday curious researcher with no malice intended?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Hum...

Well here's an idea... Do not come up with such ambitious goals, and limit the amount of time you have to see them reached. Such a task is not to be rushed, since it could wind you up on the wrong end of something very old, and none the less, very sharp.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Seeing you are into investigating the Masons you have likely taken in this vid .
One suggestion I could give you is to check out the grave yards that could give names and dates with the symbolism associated with the Masons and other secret groups associated with them ...best of luck and hope to hear what you might uncover .

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would find a member of the lodge you are looking at and tell him exactly what you are after. I would bet they would be delighted to share whatever they can, knowing that you will be looking at other countries as well. I know I would. There should be a lot of history, and knowledge they can share with you and let you photograph and film. Please let any of the masons here know if you need any assistance with your travels. Not sure what we can offer, but this is the stuff all of us would be hugely interested in. Good luck and enjoy your travels.
edit on 29-8-2015 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Do a search before you go. Look for someone local to guide you, who isn't a mason.
You may get more information or search advice from a non-affiliated citizen.

You could probably do the bulk of any ground work before you go.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There are masons reading this right now that are members, and it appears as though you are talking all around them, when you could just as well address any issues or questions/thoughts directly to them right here.

As youve been told...youre not going to find anything at any of these places that will tell you anything...except that your bank accounts has been drained in useless travel expenses. Nothing in any of those countries can be gained in a brief-non-active time frame except pretty cool building photos.

You wont learn secrets, get explanations nor participate in any of the meetings, agendas and find anything as you seek. You'd be better off addressing any issues with ATS Masons.

Youve been a member long enough to know they are here now, rt? Good luck......Best, MS

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Seeing you are into investigating the Masons you have likely taken in this vid.

I am sure a 20 year old, 2+ hour video by a wackadoodle who sees Satan everywhere is going to be really helpful.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
Do a search before you go. Look for someone local to guide you, who isn't a mason.

Say I was going to a city to visit its art museums and wanted a guide, should I ask someone who has an art background or someone who does not?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You can start here:

The Grand Lodge of Japan

If you visit during the day, you will get a tour and answers to many of your questions as there are many English speakers there.

Good Luck

P. S. you also might want to tour the Tokyo Tower right nearby. The view of Tokyo from the top is great!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I share thoughts similar to many here. Just ask.

Don't try to be sneaky as someone there will pick up on it. They'll just be offended and assume you are mocking them.

You will not "infiltrate" them within a week. Even if you had years to devote to infiltrating it, you would not find out much and waste a lot of your time.

Even if you had unlimited access inside their building, you would not find anything except some old books. But you can get a tour and ask to see the books and other mason paraphernalia while you are there.

If I were you, I'd set up an interview. Make sure they know you are not press, and that you are just fascinated with their organization. I bet you will find out more interesting history from an interview (especially if you can get one with a long time member) than you will from trying to be sneaky inside their building.

If you must be sneaky, just go through their trash when no one is around. Maybe you'll find something interesting. But I wouldn't go any further than that. You don't want to be thrown into a Japanese jail
On second thought, that might not be legal there like it is here. Double check the local laws before you do anything like that.
edit on 29-8-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Do you feel the same about Carrol Quigleys Tragety and Hope which was back in 66 ? CFR ,CIA ,NSA and a multitude of other groups do hold a place in geopolitics and wars . Masons were a grass roots secret society that had higher levels to develop the ptb working behind the scenes that are alive and well today . All roads lead to that group .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join