It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa starts year long isolation to simulate Mars trip

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

but might take many decades, perhaps even a century, to implement in real life.

I agree. Is there any hurry? Enough to send people on an unknowing one way mission? As implied here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good book though, you must agree. I hope the movie does a good job with it.

edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I hope for their sake that Pauly Shore has managed to find a way inside.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This I don't get it after countless of space isolation training centres behind us ,like Mars artic research station,Mars one and big brother some others I don't know the names of anymore . They just can read the reports made in the past from those expeditions.

I say just pick some volunteers and go ,they know the risks being on another planet. And I've got the feeling our tech has enough potential to go on such mission with fair percentage of coming back too..

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
On a volcano in Hawaii..sounds like a vacation. I actually cringed when I read that. Do they get to eat loco mocos and poke too?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

This I don't get it after countless of space isolation training centres behind us ,like Mars artic research station,Mars one and big brother some others I don't know the names of anymore .
Not training missions. Research. Mars Arctic station missions lasted a few weeks at most. Big Brother? Seriously?

I say just pick some volunteers and go ,they know the risks being on another planet.
Right forget the "human factor" completely. Just go for it. Not a good idea when you're going to have a small group of people packed into a small place for a year or more. This experiment will simulate a one year mission. The longest such simulation to date.

And I've got the feeling our tech has enough potential to go on such mission with fair percentage of coming back too..
Not yet it doesn't. Not even close. Haven't figured out how to deal with cosmic radiation yet, among other things.

edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So what do you reckon is the best solution for them to co-exist? Without forcing them?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka
I don't know.
That's sort of the point of the experiment(s). Before you know what solutions might be found, you have to know what problems might arise.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Lets say if anyone causes a conflict within the group, in my opinion, i think excluding them is the wisest option, or do you believe that anyone could fit in a group?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

or do you believe that anyone could fit in a group?
No.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
One of the most important aspects of this trip will be perfect physical health and the optimum genetics. SEXY, is going to be really important... Really sexy people.

For humanity to reboot on Mars, it will take so much ...playfulnest on the part of the chosen.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

. Big Brother? Seriously? 

Didn't expect to catch a big fish on that,lol.

But anyway I would have expected that after all the moon missions and those ISS missions and Mars explorers they would have had something suitable by now.. I guess I'm wrong about that .. I hope see this happening within my lifetime but I expect nothing. .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join