It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just saw a ufo, any ideas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I'm decently sure I just saw a UFO. First off, I'd like to apologize for not having pictures or any detailed description of the craft itself. But I can offer my experience of what I saw.

Before I describe what I saw, I'd like to tell of 2 others I've seen in the past. The first time I saw a ufo, i thought i saw a star just go out. I was extremely confused, mainly because I was hoping to see one just a couple of days before. Well it started out as a bright star sitting still, the first thing that made me think twice was the fact that it didn't twinkle, ( for lack of a better word) nor did it cast a flashing light like a plane would. So I was automatically watching it. After about 10 or so seconds, the light just went out and then back on. This happened a total of 3 or 4 times. I explained to the family, what I had seen and it was suggested I'd seen a satellite. So i thought no biggie. The same thing happened about 2 or 3 days after, except the light went out twice. This time I was certain it wasn't a satellite or a plane but still had no clue what I'd seen. I'm pretty sure i even googled the incident hoping someone else might of had a similar experience, but came up with zip.

Well this time I'm sitting on the porch with my wife sharing a cig, when I notice this orange light moving southward, above the mountain line and i think nothing of it. I watch it for a couple of seconds when i realize it didn't have those blinking lights that accompany any flying craft. I tell my wife I think I'm looking at a UFO and then remember there'd be no way for her to see what i was seeing, without her glasses. As she is just barely legally blind without them. Then i notice the light goes from flying in a straight pattern to going almost straight up, and then levels out, and goes straight up again a second time and then it leveled out again. I was about to make an announcement to anyone else in the house, to come look at what i was watching and when i looked back, it was gone.

Now I know there are some here that might know of some phenomena that might explain what id seen tonight, so I'm definitely open to suggestions, if there are none, then I'm sticking with UFO. A couple of things that might help my argument is that I'm right outside of E.A.F.B. and have seen MANY planes and a couple of air shows. And I'm pretty sure I've never once seen a plane fly in that manner. But if there's a rational explanation for what I saw then I'm totally open to hear those explanations.
So there's my experience. I do have to admit though, right after I'd seen this I thought, I am so gonna right a thread for this

And with that, ill end this and say thanks for reading and hope to hear from you guys.

Amst

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Pretty interesting, I suggest you report it to MUFON.

If you couldn't see flashing lights ( navlights ) and it didn't move like craft you've been used too, by all means send a report out.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I've seen Ultralight planes flying at night do things like that.
Doesn't sound like IRIDIUM FLARES!

edit on 29/8/2015 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Interesting sighting, OP. Did you see this in plain daylight or was it dark at night?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about it but seemed like it wasn't enough to report.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Menocchio
I saw it about an hour ago and it was dark.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Menocchio
I saw it about an hour ago and it was dark.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If you've ever read through the recent reports, you'd have no problem reporting what you saw. Some people report seeing things that even by their description sounds just like a plane or helicopter, Wouldn't hurt to report it, specially if you see it again.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
if that's the case then ill do that, for sure

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Probably nuthin.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Being by Edwards air force base, I'm sure it was most definitely something, otherwise I wouldn't of even mentioned so much as a shadow of this experience , bit if it was a weather balloon....Well Played

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Probably nuthin.

Really? That's harsh....But expected anymore on ATS.

To the OP, I'd also suggest you report it to MUFON. Or, even better, NUFORC! They may even talk about your sigting on C2CAM when the guy from NUFORC does his updates with George Snorey!

They have some interesting sigtings on their sight. He's a bit slow sometimes updating it, but I don't think he has a lot of people helping him with the site, if anyone.

NUFORC

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Now I know there are some here that might know of some phenomena that might explain what id seen tonight, so I'm definitely open to suggestions, if there are none, then I'm sticking with UFO.

Just a couple of questions for you.

What time did you see this ?
What was the speed of the object , did it appear to be moving quickly or slowly ?
Have you ever seen a Chinese lantern and if so did it look anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, OP!

Your description of your first experience (star going out and reappearing 3 or 4 times) is exactly what I experienced in Spain around 3 years ago. It was very hot, so I decided to sleep outside, and at the same time was thinking about maybe seeing a ufo. I was on my back staring up, and directly above me was a bright star among a star-filled clear sky. After about 10 seconds it went out for about 3 seconds and then came back on. This happened 3 or four times within the space of around 2 minutes.

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Mufon would probably just file it away (trashcan) with the other ridiculous calls they have to deal with everyday...

"So you saw a light in the sky, then it just disappeared after a minute?"
"Yup"
"Got any photographs, or video?"
"Umm nope".
"Great....".

Or are you expecting them to say...

"Sir we are forwarding this to the pentagon immediately!" ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Seems like you've got a UFO. But being so close to EAFB, I'm sure there is some sort of a plausible explanation. I hope you solve the mystery.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I have seen ufo`s many times, and other weird monkey-butt floating things in space,

What they are? so many possibilities, who knows,,
Just keep watching! And thank you for reporting it here!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
I have seen ufo`s many times, and other weird monkey-butt floating things in space,

Wow, you go into space often? I barely leave the house!

Anyway, its pretty hard to analyze what it could have been... But as the OP notes, its near an air force base. Probably not coincidence. It rarely is. Make a habit to bring a camera with you to the porch
(also stabilize by putting it against a horizontal or vertical surface)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Seems you weren't the only one in Cali to see something, check out the last 20 reports from mufon.

Last 20 reports from MUFON

3 sightings in roughly the same area last night in Cali. 2 of these sightings match up, the 3rd is different but who knows.
edit on 29-8-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
time: Between 10 and is 10:30.
Speed: Slower than other planes in the sky
Chinese lantern: Didn't consider at the time, but there's YouTube and this was at least 30 miles from my location, with as bright as it was, I'm pretty sure there's not even a slight possibility it was that. Possibly aircraft though...just maybe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join