It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People needs to stop looking at Video games or Movies/Tv as a sign of apocalytic type scenarios.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Video Games and Movies scenarios or just mere predictions and full of flaws compare to the real life. They have their flaws as being highly unrealistic scientifically and physically. They come from the writers thought/ideal, that may not even have any experience of the real scenario.

Example: Nuclear holocaust is the worst scenario. After nukes there will be no way life can even support itself anymore, it is too radioactive, everyone will get cancer and drop dead instantly around the world(we have wind). Have you not see desert expanding like crazy recently?

www.globalpost.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.ehow.com... (read Man-made Desert)

You think that is bad? Radioactive sandstorm would be even worst.
Blowing up all those forest will just expand the desert to no return because of all the chemical plants we have and no ability to end CO2 due to lack of plants. So don't expect Mad Max. Even underground waters will be radiated and undrinkable. Every survivor will die of thirst and without food. Earth will end up being like Mars a desert planet. Fallout games are kind of a joke in terms of real situation.

I highly doubt the army would stand back against zombies in zombies outbreak scenario. We would be invading and taking back the cities from Zombies. Survivors probably wouldn't even be fighting each, just build up a whole new town army and clear the country of zombies. Zombies can't even reproduce.
edit on 28-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Life will always find a way to exist.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

lucky for us zombies are stupid!!
edit on 28-8-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Im sure the creative heads in the world's most highly paid think tanks over the decades would out perform, out wit, your current prognosis.
edit on 8/29/2015 by prevenge because: Typo

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well nobody will be able to nuke the entire planet or want to. Survivors will have high cancer rates and die early but we will still carry on one way or another.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

what if i told you most people are zombies.

courtesy potato cam

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Guys, im gonna give you the best and safest answer ive given anyone, humans are insanely retarded. Its a game, you are the pawns, they put you in a bubble and you are happy. Now go back to watching TV

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I tell you, the 1970's disaster and sci-fi movies made the future look GRIM. I grew up with that, and now lol when I see an Escape From New York type flick.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lol!!! Zombies do create more zombies, but the idea of actual zombies is retarded haha.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well nobody will be able to nuke the entire planet or want to. Survivors will have high cancer rates and die early but we will still carry on one way or another.

Says USA and Russia full of Tsar size bombs.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You really think anyone is crazy enough to do that?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You really think anyone is crazy enough to do that?

Yes, there are crazy people who would do it. Specifically crazy Americans and Crazy/Angry Russians. It is like giving the nuclear missiles controls to a PTSD soldier.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Example: Nuclear holocaust is the worst scenario. After nukes there will be no way life can even support itself anymore, it is too radioactive, everyone will get cancer and drop dead instantly around the world(we have wind). Have you not see desert expanding like crazy recently?

While I'll agree with it being the worst case scenario, it IS survivable, despite what we were told during the time of the Cold War. Quite a few areas will be untouched, especially with today's airburst missiles, which spread less radiation. And, if you can survive the first two weeks or so, and have stockpiled some unaffected soil, there isn't any reason you couldn't make a go of it. (assuming you are in an area that didn't see an attack, or massive radiation blown your way).

Back to the original post though, all too often, we see cars being driven around years after the SHTF. This just wouldn't be the case. Especially non-diesel cars.

That said, there are some excellent documentaries out there, and even the entertaining shows do show SOME good ideas now and then.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I also supposedly agree. However, you must admit, Resident Evil had a realistic plot in terms of a zombie game. Zombies in Resident Evil are humans that have been degraded into what we suppose are our flesh-eating zombies, however, due to a virus.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I wouldn't say they were completely worthless. Use them as a training tool (or even a game if you watch them with others) to spot the things that aren't realistic. Make a list and then later on go "Ok, now that plot hole in real life would be filled by X so to be ready for that I need to XYZ." Maybe not a wonderful tool but could be a good beginner level thing if you are getting kids involved or friends who don't know any better.

The one thing I get from watching them at least is feeling a little less apprehensive about it all. On one level I even get my emotions all set for them so I switch to action instead of reaction when something happens. Not saying I won't die in the first 5 minutes of anything but if I can manage to live a little longer because I watched one too many flicks and picked up a few goofy tidbits...so what, maybe I can trade the stories from them at the campfire for something.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sir Solomon
I wouldn't say they were completely worthless. Use them as a training tool (or even a game if you watch them with others) to spot the things that aren't realistic. Make a list and then later on go "Ok, now that plot hole in real life would be filled by X so to be ready for that I need to XYZ." Maybe not a wonderful tool but could be a good beginner level thing if you are getting kids involved or friends who don't know any better.

The one thing I get from watching them at least is feeling a little less apprehensive about it all. On one level I even get my emotions all set for them so I switch to action instead of reaction when something happens. Not saying I won't die in the first 5 minutes of anything but if I can manage to live a little longer because I watched one too many flicks and picked up a few goofy tidbits...so what, maybe I can trade the stories from them at the campfire for something.

Haha, training tool? Really? If you want a training tool, you need a game that show all plants and life forms. What is poisonous, etc. Fallout and any other games or Movies doesn't show you that. How to do it compare to real life.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toyotaghost
I also supposedly agree. However, you must admit, Resident Evil had a realistic plot in terms of a zombie game. Zombies in Resident Evil are humans that have been degraded into what we suppose are our flesh-eating zombies, however, due to a virus.

Resident Evil wasn't truly survival compare to Walking Dead. It was mostly about Corporate takeover and using zombies as a bio weapon a control format against the population. It was more of a war like scenario.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Humanity, as a species, is far more robust than most of you are giving proper due.
2nd.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Steven King's The Stand (in book form) did a fairly adept job of evoking the mood of a near-extinction epidemic.

The chapter where one of the survivors is crawling through the heap of cars and bodies in the Lincoln Tunnel is epic.

As is the scene where one of the main characters 'survives' an army germ research facility. Walking Dead lifted some of the first & second season material from king's work.

Actually, one of the classics in the plague genre is also high literature: Herman Hesse's Narcissus and Goldmund, which is set at the beginning of the Black Death. One of the protagonists is an adventurer; the other is a monk in an abbey in the Rhineland.

One of the things about The Walking Dead that I thought was unrealistic was the length of time that went by, and the communities that form, and everyone is still scavenging canned goods from grocery stores and restaurants. I can imagine a lot of the stocks lasting a good 6 months or so without air conditioning; but most would be lost in the initial anarchy and fires. And just a few dozen people will eat all the canned goods in a SuperWalmart in a month or so. Much less 2-3 years after the lights go out.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Are you telling me that I won't find boxes of 556 and food laying around during the apocolypse? There will still be med kits that I can run over to heal myself, right?

I guess I need to rethink my "Call of Duty" survival plan then. Dang you video games!

top topics

join