It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Larry Lessig presidential candidate and The Citizen Equality Act of 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here is someone that might be worth paying attention to in the next election. While the DNC and GOP candidates continue tackling the symptoms of the problems THEY created and have you chasing your tails, Larry is going after the real problem : Corruption.

For the life of me, I can't understand how people say that "yeah politicians are corrupted" but time after time they actually have hope that switching control from the D party to the R party will fix things and vice versa?

Its really not that complicated to understand that before you expect congress to fix our problems (healthcare,insurance,jobs,education,energy,welfare,etc) that you must fix the corruption within congress.

Yet what should be obvious to everyone — or at least the 82% of Americans who believe “the system is rigged” — is that none of these incredible reforms is possible until we un-rig the rigged system first. We’ve lived through “change you can believe in.” What we need now is a reason to believe in change.

The reason that the same issues that exist today and have existed for numerous decades is because the focus of the two party system has always been a diversion tactic. The two party system has gotten the people to focus on the symptoms and not the real issue of corruption within congress and the special interest groups with deep pockets.

Larry is running his campaign with only one purpose which is to get rid of blatant corruption in congress so we get back control of our gov't. If you don't tackle corruption first, you will never fix the symptoms and we will continue down the same path we have been.

Talking about his plan
lessigforpresident.com...

Ted Talk explaining the issues within our gov't:

www.lessig.org...

I want to run. But I want to run to be a different kind of president. “Different” not in the traditional political puffery sense of that term. “Different,” quite literally. I want to run to build a mandate for the fundamental change that our democracy desperately needs. Once that is passed, I would resign, and the elected Vice President would become President. This is the Presidency as referendum. Our constitution, unlike some states, doesn’t give us a referendum power directly. This hack adds one in. Almost never would it be necessary — in a well-functioning democracy. But when a democracy has lost the capacity to act as a democracy, a referendum president is a peaceful means to force a change that Congress is otherwise not going to make. When the system has become the problem, we need an intervention from the outside.

hls.harvard.edu...

Lawrence Lessig is the Roy L. Furman Professor of Law at Harvard Law School, and Director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University. Prior to rejoining the Harvard faculty, Lessig was a professor at Stanford Law School, where he founded the school's Center for Internet and Society, and at the University of Chicago.

Is it a long shot? No, its a super long shot and even crazy, but what has the lesser evil been giving us? Its the best shot we got under existing circumstances.

I expect to see a scientific proven perpetual motion device before he gets elected, but I think he is worthy enough to let the people hear what he is saying despite the sad reality of the two party cycle shuffle we have been on.

So FWIW hopefully for us he actually gets a chance to be heard in the debates.
edit on 38831America/ChicagoFri, 28 Aug 2015 22:38:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
I've liked Larry from the first day I read about him in "Wired" print Magazine ( do they still print it?)

Go Larry, nice to see some humans in the race.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

First I heard of him was from the ted talks and was amazed how he got it , that you can't expect a corrupted gov't to fix things for the betterment of the masses. You must first address the corruption before expecting gov't to do the right things for the masses.

It sounds like a no-brainer and not that big of a revelation and actually kind of silly to state the obvious.

However , apparently its not so obvious because the masses continue to chase their tail in tackling the wrong problem and going after the symptoms of a corrupted gov't.

edit on 49831America/ChicagoFri, 28 Aug 2015 22:49:16 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join