It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Proximity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Glance at your cellphone.

Check the conversations that run the longest.

Now examine the names of those with whom you most frequently commune.

Now, ask yourself what salient traits come to mind when you think of those people:

Are they kind, loving, compassionate, empathic, and benevolent? Are they negative, morose, sarcastic, biting, and rude?

Or are they some combination of both--a melange of the best and worst in humanity?

Keep those traits in mind. Then perform one other task:

Describe yourself in the most essential ways.

Chances are good you depicted your own personality wielding similar terms you used when describing your friends. And that illustrates something important.

Proximity has power.

We tend become like those with whom we most frequently interact. Our mind and bodies recalibate themselves unto the types of energy it most often receives.

What this means is that you become like those with whom you surround yourself. And that presents a powerful opportunity to accelerate or impede your personal spiritual growth.

Put yourself around people with positive characteristics and you'll evolve that much faster.

Place yourself in proximity unto negative individuals and they'll inevitably drag you down.

Everyone emits energy that you receive through interaction. And that energy can lift you up or knock you flat.

And that principle extends far beyond interactions with living entities.

For everything emits energy--and everything that can help sweep you aloft towards greater heights or spiral you down on the shoals of abyssal emotion.

Now take that general idea and use it towards analyzing your surroundings.

Think about your room, your home, your neighborhood--

Are you in an affluent suburb with manicured lawns and beautiful surroundings? Or are you in a dilapidated neighborhood with abandoned houses and warehouses?

Is your house tidy and neat and filled with pretty paintings and gorgeous flowers? Or are you living in a squalid mess filled with filth and decay?

Does your room contain things that inspire you towards acts of creation? Or are you surrounded with distractions that pull you off productive paths?

Now microanalyze that on an even deeper level:

If you watch television are you exposing your mind towards shows that have positive messages and educational value? Or are you sinking into a morass of vapid sex and wanton violence?

If you read, what kind of books fill your shelves? Are you feeding your brain philosophy and other higher ideals that will help it grow? Or are you giving it the equivalent of GMO-laden junk food?

And what about your music? What kind of emotions does it evoke? Are you listening to things that leave you feeling positive and upbeat and bouncy and bright? Or are you subsiding on songs with awful moralistic messages and hateful verse?

And your browsing habits? Are you on websites where people remain upbeat and encouraging, or are you on the dregs of the internet where everyone is negative and cutting?

Perform this analysis and really think through the results. Find the sources of positive and negative energy in your life, and maximize the former whilst severing contact with the latter.

Energy is very real. And the power of proximity is potent.

With each minute of every day you could engineer your life so that you're constantly inundated with positive forces. Or you could remain intentionally ignorant and keep exposing yourself unto sources of mental and spiritual decay.

Just like you wouldn't dare live anywhere that's emitting toxic radiation, nor should you tolerate exposing yourself towards unnecessary sources of negativity. And while you might not be able to change where you live, you can definitely change the state of your house, your television and browsing habits, your music, your books, and your friends.

Because each moment exposed unto toxic radiation increases your chances of contracting cancer of the body.

And every moment exposed unto toxic energies increase your chances of contracting cancer of the soul.

So eliminate exposure unto the dregs of the world.

Set your sights higher and your aims loftier.

Energy is real. And proximity has power.

So please stop poisoning yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
my most recent texts are about the 'Secret' which a gal friend is recommending me to see

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel
I can't do that. I don't have a cell phone. I quit buying minutes. I was being ripped off. Plus, people called me-usually at a very bad time.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Or what you said.

SnF

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the post it had me smiling at the synchronicity, as I have been thinking about this lately too. It's nice to get a positive affirmation.

My house, my work life, my social life; is a freaking mess. Working just to live in a place not covered in filth ALWAYS makes my head feel cleaner, and helps me get back on track.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

And what about your music? What kind of emotions does it evoke? Are you listening to things that leave you feeling positive and upbeat and bouncy and bright? Or are you subsiding on songs with awful moralistic messages and hateful verse?

So true. Interesting that you made this thread now because I recently chose to get rid of my negative music. Now, I mostly have Love songs. Out of 214 songs, I only chose to keep 81 because they're Loving/Positive. I want to replace all my old negative songs with positive ones.

And your browsing habits? Are you on websites where people remain upbeat and encouraging, or are you on the dregs of the internet where everyone is negative and cutting?

I am less interested in conspiracy theories and now I'm even becoming less interested in religion and more interested in the Philosophical and Metaphysical section of the forum.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Beautifully put and right on point. Fascinating ideas. I myself have wondered about the effects of proximity fascilitation via technology and its uses/effects.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Thanks, ISurrender!

My grandparents had one of those old oriental sculptures of three monkeys in turn covering their ears, their eyes, their mouth. As kids we used to play with that sculpture and joke about that exact saying, mimicking those monkeys by covering our eyes/ears/mouth while epeating that message.

Not until I got much older and started reading into Ch'an (Zen) Buddhism did the importance of that saying strike home. So thanks for reminding me of a very fun (and eventually instructive) point in my childhood.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
Thank you for the post it had me smiling at the synchronicity, as I have been thinking about this lately too. It's nice to get a positive affirmation.

My house, my work life, my social life; is a freaking mess. Working just to live in a place not covered in filth ALWAYS makes my head feel cleaner, and helps me get back on track.

I hear this.

I'm messy by nature--there's always something more pressing to get finished than straightening the house--but once I tidy up it's like the mind just locks into place. Not living in a pigsty or anything, but right now there's books scattered in various places and too many coffee cups sitting around quarter-full.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

So true. Interesting that you made this thread now because I recently chose to get rid of my negative music. Now, I mostly have Love songs. Out of 214 songs, I only chose to keep 81 because they're Loving/Positive. I want to replace all my old negative songs with positive ones.

I went through the same process but did it much slower than you. It took me a few years to gradually discover I no longer liked listening to heavy metal or violent rap or anything that spreads a negative message.

Now I'm mostly listening to electronic music that makes me feel good, like Stumbleine

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Beautifully put and right on point. Fascinating ideas. I myself have wondered about the effects of proximity fascilitation via technology and its uses/effects.

I think regardless the distance between us, anytime I'm in direct receipt with your words/ideas I'm in direct interface with your mind.

So we're sending out energy through our forum here--we're literally making people's days brighter or worse. And that's why it's so important to stay upbeat (or at least avoid unleashing raw hate/negativity towards other people online).

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Because each moment exposed unto toxic radiation increases your chances of contracting cancer of the body.

And everyday you post a new thread about pretty much nothing. Stop exposing yourself to EMFs from your PC.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

And everyday you post a new thread about pretty much nothing. Stop exposing yourself to EMFs from your PC.

edit on 29-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

His posts are not about nothing, they are about trying to help people be the best they can be. What's wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tattooedlunchlady
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

His posts are not about nothing, they are about trying to help people be the best they can be. What's wrong with that?

Thanks, T Double L!

But haters gonna hate (hate, hate). And I'm just gonna shake (shake, shake).

Shake it off

On the real, I've noticed since joining that there's a handful of accounts who troll my threads with nothing but negativity. No big thing, but it makes you wonder what kind of people don't want others hearing or reacting positively towards inspiring messages.

Boggle.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think this relates also to what we put in our bodies. Meat is murder. I know, I know. I can hear some of you. I was where you are now, but think about it. There is only one solution and its not carnivorous. PEACE.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I think this relates also to what we put in our bodies. Meat is murder. I know, I know. I can hear some of you. I was where you are now, but think about it. There is only one solution and its not carnivorous. PEACE.

It's not just that, it's everything, the music you listen to and work.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Agree, I did a piece of the revelation that made me go vegetarian.

Would You Cut The Cow?

Thanks for chiming in!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Indeed. Ive personally experienced some interesting stuff with regard to cerebral interfacing via other, "higher bandwidth" methods if you will. Telepathy, telepathic time travel, things of that nature. Totally hypothetical though as my studies were halted due to a move and the mundane aspects of life taking presidence.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You have a very good attitude, I like the way you stay positive even when someone is trying to drag you down. I don't know why some people feel they have to do that. Keep up the good work!

T Double L [I like the new nickname!]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join