It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection. What is the best method?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hello. I was wondering if there were any methods that worked better than others for astral projection. I have tried the hemi-sync method, and it has not worked.. Are there any others that you can suggest??

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
what is hemi-sych? thx

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
``

i believe this site was posted on ats before, on the same subject...

there is none procedure that i would recommend or suggest-
as there's many 'avenues' leading to the desired state.

each individual must find their own, comfortable, convienent method...
as we are all different in physical, mental, spiritual make-up.

anyways, ivanglam, this article acknowledges several 'avenues' to
the 'state of astral projection' or a 'state of self-hypnosis'...opinions vary!

)(

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hemi -sync is a technique put in audio tracks to put a subliminal 'beat' or frequency in the background of the audio track to allow the brain to calm itself into a state of relaxation. Complicated stuff, huh?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ok, thx...i am so restless, this sort of thing doesnt come easy to me, i have tried it a bit, and i do meditate...also, i know that the temptation to abuse such abilities would be great; but most people dont care about making bad karma for themselves...all i know is that one must keep ones mind awake while the body goes to sleep, that is the first step, right?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
try this simple method

go to bed when you re really tired. hang your hand over the bed, hold a penny in your fingers...when you fall asleep the penny will slip from your fingers and hit the floor and wake you....this is when you will realize the physical sheath between wakefulness and sleep..learn it. this is the method of a very great man--a very well known scientist that claimed to get much of his knowlege in the state that he found in the moment of "in between".

This is the time to break free. but you must maintain awareness of this slice of time and space...when you wake you will immediatly try to keep in the realm of sleep--relax and try to keep your body asleep while your mind stays aware

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That was very interesting ive never heard or thought of that, i might try that too. By the way here is a cool website kind of made for people into astral traveling, etc. check out there forums theres advice listed quite a few times.
Astral socieety link
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
hey cool thats one of my favourite links i also recommend

www.astralvoyage.com...

.....but make sure u click on the download links in astral society, and get the flake e-book... very helpful for anyone just starting out...

good luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This technique works for me:
Set your alarm to go off earlier than usual in the morning. When it does you'll probably be in REM sleep (dreaming) with the corresponding brainwaves for that part of the sleep cycle. Turn the alarm off, take a moment to be awake, then roll over and let your body fall back asleep. As it does (and it will quickly), keep your mind awake by concentrating on your goal of leaving the body. Before you know it you'll hear the buzzing, feel the strong vibrations and the pull, and possibly be viewing your room even though your physical eyes are closed and you can't move your physical body. And that's when you go for it! Or, if you're like me, that's when you start furiously struggling to wake up, silently screaming "No!! I didn't really want to do this, wake up, wake up!" (Still have a little problem with the fear factor)

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey,
I just finished practicing me trying to astral travel again, i had some progress too i believe.
First of all i read on that link i listed above, a thread with another tip for astral traveling, and it said that they thought the following might/should help with your first OOBE.(out-of-body-experience)

Instead when you lay down, do not focus on just trying to make your astral body rise out. Instead pretend to your self that you are jsut going to try and sleep, just a normal sleep with dreaming. I think that your subconscious knows however your secret intention to leave your body. So when i tryed this, i believe it did start working, i felt myself rising out more, however everytime i thught about it i would jolt back some again. Then i would start to simply day dream, thiss day dream of mine would begin to turn into a real drream in a way, however i knew that i was laying down doing this still, like a day dream, it only became more real. Then i realized that i felt like i wasnt all in my body, like i was half way out!!!! Suddenly i started feeling immense comforting vibrations in my body!!! Like energy coursing through me!!! Then i started like seeing shapes with my eyes closed, they were like wierd tho, they were still dark and such, only they were moving, it looked like traveling in hyperspace or something like in the Sci-Fi movies, where the object keep fastly moving away. then the vibrations started to cease as i thought aout myself more, and it caused me to go back to normal....

I knew i had almost made it so i tryed to start over, which is when my father began making a racket with the blower outside!!! I tryed to start a day dream again but was unsuccesful, however i believe i as i lay there still, trying to do whatever it is that i did again, i instead went into a meditative state. So obviously it seems that if you try not to think about it, it starts happening.
I am at least glad i made some progreess will try some more later.

Best wishes,
Dani!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
hmm... wouldnt that jsut be lucid dreaming??

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
before i attempt astral projection - i also go into the cubical with a good daily paper - makes the concentration alot more focused.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
hahhaha astral projecting at work???

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
this sounds silly but what is astral projection?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
astral projection is when one seperated thier 'spiritual' self from thier 'physical' self.. other than that i really dont know.. im not too big opn the whole aspect of chackras or whatever theyre called, but i do ahve many theories with science and studdies backing up the ideals of AP, RV, PK etcetc

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
why would anyone want to seperate their own spirit or whatever? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
why? simply for the feeling... why stay physical if you can walk around and no one is able to see or feel you?... i think that is a huge advantage.. now what i do not understand is why people (when they astrall project) dont go to places like area 51 and such.... it would be a huge advantage...

hmm disadvantages.. u might not be able to get back to your body... it is rare, but you may not be able to get back to your body.. and then you are traveling a lost soul.... forever.. or whatever

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
hmm disadvantages.. u might not be able to get back to your body... it is rare, but you may not be able to get back to your body.. and then you are traveling a lost soul.... forever.. or whatever

anything do with ghosts and spirits? maybe we create the supernatural when we get lost! lol

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
hey.. its all science.... it all has a metter to do with frequencys of energy...w ell i dont know if that made any sense.. im not going to bother explaining it tho.... no time.. long storry.. lol

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
hey.. its all science.... it all has a metter to do with frequencys of energy...w ell i dont know if that made any sense.. im not going to bother explaining it tho.... no time.. long storry.. lol

maybe we do create the supernatural...... but who really has the time to find out? lol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join