It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Sanders Should BOTH Run As Independents.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So I have been thinking about this in depth and I would like to see a scenario where we have Trump and Sanders both running as Independents. This would allow for FOUR viable choices for the American people. We haven't even had three since Ross Perot ran in the 90's.

My biggest goal for this election is for no one named Bush or Clinton to be elected. Having four candidates almost assures that there would be a chance of someone not Bush or Clinton winning. Not to mention that fact that Independents can make a strong showing giving the entire movement of options being available other than Republicans and Democrats steam moving forward.

I don't know what would happen if we ended up with this scenario, but it would be fun to see what happens

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well technically Sanders is an Independent.

But he's currently running as a dem for obvious political reasons. But that does not change his independent roots .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
So I have been thinking about this in depth and I would like to see a scenario where we have Trump and Sanders both running as Independents. This would allow for FOUR viable choices for the American people. We haven't even had three since Ross Perot ran in the 90's.

My biggest goal for this election is for no one named Bush or Clinton to be elected. Having four candidates almost assures that there would be a chance of someone not Bush or Clinton winning. Not to mention that fact that Independents can make a strong showing giving the entire movement of options being available other than Republicans and Democrats steam moving forward.

I don't know what would happen if we ended up with this scenario, but it would be fun to see what happens

Well, as Hillary has hinted. We don't get to vote anyway.

I believe that she does have Delegates locked up.

So, who are these nameless faceless people that elect our President ?

None of your business. Go back to pretending we need you to participate.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sanders has already said if he doesn't get the Democratic nomination, he won't run as an Independent.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That would be an interesting race and would actually provide one of the few opportunities for an actual non-duopoly candidate to have a shot at the title.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They way they are making waves and are popular they should. But the question is, due to the long time hold with the two party system, would people in enough numbers venture out of the two party hold to vote independent. Last elections people blamed the lesser of two evils losses on independent voters. All the while there's the indication that presidents are selected not elected.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Sanders has already said if he doesn't get the Democratic nomination, he won't run as an Independent.

Not very Independent of him...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

He's running as a Democrat. He doesn't want to split the party's vote.

I do agree that if they both went Independent, it would be telling, but I doubt either would win, because too many people are firmly on one of the two teams.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

That is a dangerous splitting of the vote and someone like Cruz could sneak in.

I would LOVE an election where multiple people are running, but it doesn;t seem to work in this country. That would also give Trump (palin's weird twin, I am thinking now) more of a chance.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
They way they are making waves and are popular they should. But the question is, due to the long time hold with the two party system, would people in enough numbers venture out of the two party hold to vote independent. Last elections people blamed the lesser of two evils losses on independent voters. All the while there's the indication that presidents are selected not elected.

If Sanders went independent, I sure would vote for him. I can't fully disagree that they are selected, not elected, though.
edit on 28-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't know if possible...
But could there be a Bernie Pres & Trump VP
ticket? That would really ROCK the bloody vote.
At the moment I'm a Bernie fan.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I would LOVE an election where multiple people are running, but it doesn;t seem to work in this country. That would also give Trump (palin's weird twin, I am thinking now) more of a chance.

I would consider Cruz and Trump as long as they aren't Bush or Clinton. We need new blood and someone to get tough on the BS going on in Washington. Even if you don't like their politics; Trump and Cruz (as well as Bernie) would challenge the status quo in Washinton.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The question is....

Which 3rd party would Bernie and Donald attache themselves to.

The Libertarians wouldn't tolerate Trump but they might Bernie.

The T party would take Trump in a heart beat.....That could prove interesting.

but popular sentiment means nothing when the deck is stack by the Electoral College.

www.history.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And it would require a very clear "winner" to get 270 Electoral College votes.

Actually a good idea.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Actually a good idea.

You mean like in 2000 when Gore won the popular vote but Bush was chosen by the judiciary? Short memory?

www.usconstitution.net...
edit on 28-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I would consider Cruz and Trump as long as they aren't Bush or Clinton. We need new blood and someone to get tough on the BS going on in Washington. Even if you don't like their politics; Trump and Cruz (as well as Bernie) would challenge the status quo in Washinton.

NONONONONONONO. I do not like Hillary Clinton. But if faced at gunpoint to choose- between the 3- Hillary would be the first thing out of my mouth.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: xuenchen

Actually a good idea.

You mean like in 2000 when Gore won the popular vote but Bush was chosen by the judiciary? Short memory?

www.usconstitution.net...

No not at all what I was talking about.

Study the Electoral College system as it is outlined.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
IMO its not that elections don't work, its just all rigged. I mean they don't even have real debates anymore.
a reply to: reldra

edit on 28-8-2015 by ForwardThinker because: Simplified post

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The question is....

Which 3rd party would Bernie and Donald attache themselves to.

The Libertarians wouldn't tolerate Trump but they might Bernie.

The T party would take Trump in a heart beat.....That could prove interesting.

but popular sentiment means nothing when the deck is stack by the Electoral College.

www.history.com...

Libertarians would not tolerate Sanders.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

NONONONONONONO. I do not like Hillary Clinton. But if faced at gunpoint to choose- between the 3- Hillary would be the first thing out of my mouth.

I just don't see how Hilary would be better than Trump or Cruz, but I respect your decision. Personally, I think Hilary is a dishonest criminal and I don't see that from Trump or Cruz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join