It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Says Three Feet of Sea Level Rise Is Unavoidable

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You know, while I believe the clima is changing and I know that sea levels will raise, states and federal government should be investing on how to protect property and lives, is many studies done on how to preserve the land, but the way is been offered to help with this problem it doesn't go well with the very expensive real state that has become our coast line.

That is why I call the global warming approach a scam and the policies that will be enacted, they will not help to preserve property or land.

I know that the problem with the sea levels will take time, but is also the possibility that it can happen overnight.

The best way to keep ourselves safe is to plan ahead.

As usual those that prepared ahead have more chances to survive what nature is about to do to us.

If you live in southern Florida a boat is a plus.
for just in case.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Imagewerx

That will be in the part of the state closes to the GA border, but the southern part is a scan 12 feet. Just a minimal raise of waters and southern Florida will become divided waterways.

I didn't go North of Daytona so only experienced the barely-above-sea-level part of Florida.It's no wonder every single household in Florida has at least one boat of some kind on the driveway.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Most of the expensive coast line of Florida that belong to wealthy people have nice Boats park in their waterways.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I know that the problem with the sea levels will take time, but is also the possibility that it can happen overnight.

The best way to keep ourselves safe is to plan ahead.

As usual those that prepared ahead have more chances to survive what nature is about to do to us.

If you live in southern Florida a boat is a plus.
for just in case.

Here is an interview of Professor Peter Wadhams, an Arctic Scientist with Cambridge University. He shares his views on Global Warming and how it is affecting the polar caps based on his research of 40 years in this field.

If there is anyone you would rely on for information on what's really happening with polar caps and how it may affect sea level rise, then here is your best bet.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Most of the expensive coast line of Florida that belong to wealthy people have nice Boats park in their waterways.

I am sure that a lot of wealthy people do have boats, but that is a separate issue from people that have property on the coastline.

I hope you are not under the impression that mostly wealthy people have property on the coastline because you would be wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah, and in another 200 years ice will reform and the oceans will recede...
edit on 9/1/2015 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Thanks, for the information, if you read on the history of earth, before we humans became the dominant species that the artic regions has gone melting before, now that we humans inhabit most of the coast line in earth and has build around them even a small meltdown will mean billions of dollars to be lost, that is what worries governments.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Grimpachi, if you are talking about the profitable and more expensive coast line, like the gulf of Mexico and most of the coast of Florida, taking also the California coast line and the east of the US, I will have to say that is more real state belonging to affluent people that just regular owners, due to the raising prices of the land. yes here and there it will be areas that belong to a regular joe.

Look what happen to Florida, back in the days most of the coast line belong to retirees and elderly, their land became soo expensive that they could not rebuild after disasters, now most of the coast is in the hands of developers, hotels and gated communities where a condo will cost you from a million dollar and up.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

Most people tend to think and view life in their live span, we humans only live for 80+ years if lucky, but earth has been here longer than that and will be here longer still.

But with so many people and economies like in the US depending on the coast line for their seasonal revenues, losing the coast line equal income lost.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You're first assumption was correct. There is a lot of ice in Antarctica above sea level and that will have a massive effect on sea levels. Search for West Antarctic ice sheet and maybe you can then make informed decisions that others can reason with. A simple statement without clarification is opinion and can be disregarded.
a reply to: charolais

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I have been waiting for the seashore to creep up to ocean boulevard since the early 1970s

it just is not happening !!

I deduce that the extra volume of water from melted sea-ice and glaciers is pressing down the deep ocean seabed, because the Earth crust is thinnest under the major Oceans......

result - a deeper ocean, but no land inundation or flooding as coastlines advance NOT

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Beachfront condos all over Florida can be found from 90k to 200k. That probably isn't true for Miami. You can still occasionally find beachfront houses under 500K. If you want a boat parked in the water by your home you will not be beachside. You would get a home on intracoastal waters. I am speaking about the Atlantic side of Florida. Those homes cost a lot less. The homes are not what costs so much it is the homeowner insurance and property taxes that drive up costs for living there.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
isn't the arctic ice mostly in the sea (in the water)?... well, try this experiment at home: place an ice cube in a glass of water, when you do that mark the position of the water surface, wait until ice melts and see how much it 'rises'...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Never mind, that the earth is in a particularly cool time right now.

The hubris of human beings is unbelievable... and the ease with which people allow their emotions to be manipulated is one of the great historical bug-a-boos.

Of course there is climate change. There has never been a time it has not been in flux. There have been palm trees and reptiles above the arctic circle for cripes sake.

Even Climate.gov (gov mouthpiece) talks about the earth being MUCH hotter in the past. Get over it already!

See what Climate.gov says here.
edit on 2-9-2015 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

It is astounding to me, that anyone still takes the IPCC seriously, given how poor a job they have done maintaining professional scientific standards

edit on 2-9-2015 by dasman888 because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join