It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Says Three Feet of Sea Level Rise Is Unavoidable

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, why the sudden change from 2085-2135 to a decade? Probable cause are humans who has a problem adopting to a green climate? Which nations are the biggest polluters?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

So, why the sudden change from 2085-2135 to a decade?
That was a misprint.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which nations are the biggest polluters?

That depends on how you look at it.
www.businessspectator.com.au...
www.ucsusa.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The yahoo article actually says this will happen in the coming "decades"with an S not "decade."

The OP has the quote wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

The article was edited, as noted at the bottom of it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

thank you

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Something else everyone should consider with rising sea levels,
the global conveyor belt will most likely be effected by rising sea levels.

26 Degrees North

A current system referred to as the “ocean conveyor”, flows between the oceans of the world and is schematically shown in Figure 1 below. In the North Atlantic, the near-surface branch of the ocean conveyor transports warm water towards northwestern Europe as shown by the red arrows in Figure 1. Past climate records indicate that the strength and pathways of the ocean conveyor have varied quite considerably. If the strength of the warm near-surface branch of the ocean conveyor in the North Atlantic weakens, the reduction in warm waters off the Atlantic coasts of the UK could lead to a colder climate compared with today. The NOC is working with partners in Canada, Germany and the USA to measure the strength of the ocean conveyor in the North Atlantic as part of a “climate monitoring system”.

noc.ac.uk...

By getting deeper in water and adding more fresh water to the salt water, along with more heat, it could be changing the pattern of the belt. Remember the movie The day After Tomorrow? It was based on the belt. Wouldn't be anything like that extreme, but would have a huge impact on global temps if it changed.

If you look at the belt:

There is a lot of extra warm water in the Pacific that is going to get moved around (The blob and El Nino).
These temperatures effect the belt I would think.(?)

Just kind of pondering a little. Changes in sea level effect more than just how high the water is.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hey our ancient ancestors did very well living in caves, when earth was having its last glacial period.

I thing I will be looking for a nice cave near by and will start to decorate the walls.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
If you read it from the science journals vs MSM... it would come off a whole lot different.

I have read many of the links supplied here and on other sites on the source material, the media is reporting what is in them fairly accurately albeit with the usual imbecilic sensationalism.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The propaganda machine behind the "clima change and global warming" is all about money, but the reality of the issue is that earth will do what it has been done for millennia, we humans are nothing but another species in earth, and the same way that other species before us were extinct so that will be the fate of the human species as well eventually and is not a darn thing that anybody or government can do about it, but they can profit with the hype.
edit on 30-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Bollocks.

But go ahead, sit on your hands and tell your kids you were unable to do anything about it. Doesn't matter if it's global warming, plastic crap in the oceans or just Fukushima and all the other nuclear timebombs. You've got your dayjob and love your ride, at least you made some profit yourself, eh? Meh. Going into the cellar to light up a candle.

edit on 30-8-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And that is why we need to get off this rock and out into space.
If we don't, we will go the way of every other species on this planet, and die off.

As to it all being hype, the planet is changing.
That is not hype, the causes are in question, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Eco-system is changing quicker than most species can adapt to it.

In my lifetime I have seen some disturbing changes, one of the worst is frogs.
Where I grew up, there were frogs EVERYWHERE. The muskeg was full of them. Every pool had frogs, frog eggs, bugs swimming around, all kinds of stuff.

Fast forward 25 years and I returned to my place of birth, and the frogs were gone, the pools are still with hardly any life.
The glaciers are receding, and the species of wildlife had changed, particularly in the ocean, where I used to catch herring, now half the time it was sea perch, sea lions that never were around, are around in large numbers, and much less aquatic bottom dwellers.

The 800 pound halibut became the 100 pound halibut.
The Starry flounders that broke our poles are now smaller in size and salmon runs are no longer making the rivers and cricks boil with activity.

There is no hype, it is changing, and we are seeing a mass extinction.
But just like the frog in boiling water, we can't see it, although we do.

But that is just my observations.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yes, we may need to start looking into space exploration, but guess what, our sun is here to stay for a long time, well after generations of humans no longer inhabit this earth.

Earth will do what earth cycles has done for millennia we us pesky humans will adapt or die.

We are humans just another species in earth from the animal kingdom, we are not special we are just that a species.

We either adapt to earth chances or die, taking into consideration the arrogance of the human species thinking that they are of divine creation and above other species because religion say so, we will be no only the youngest species in this earth but the first to go the fastest.

This is because in our human arrogance we think that we can manipulate clima, that we can change earth cycles and rather than adapting to change we will die faster still thinking that we can change anything

Native Americans and ancient humans knew better and were more smartest than us when it came to clima they went along with it and survived.
edit on 30-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
We either adapt to earth chances or die, taking into consideration the arrogance of the human species thinking that they are of divine creation and above other species because religion say so, we will be no only the youngest species in this earth but the first to go the fastest.

You are so wrong Marg. What we need to do is implement a punitive carbon credit scheme that will adversely affect everyone who is not wealthy while doing doodley squat for the environment.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

taking into consideration the arrogance of the human species thinking that they are of divine creation and above other species because religion say so, we will be no only the youngest species in this earth but the first to go the fastest.

As it would be incompetent to do exactly nothing about it or if we don't adapt exactly to that kind of behaviour, which led to all those mistakes in the first place. It's nothig wrong with changing things for the better and for good, innit?

I don't think we should manipulate anything if we can just stop pulluting this blue marble, little by little and slowly reducing our toxic waste would be a good start though.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hallelujah, brother, we the divine creation of a higher being, are so smart that we know that taxing humans to death in the name of the environment while making the elite few richer is the best thing to do.

At least I will remember once we shed this human carbon base body that life is eternal and that with or without a human body life goes on.

But scaring people to death that they are going to die because we are the cause of earth cycles or change serve the profiteers well.

Lets do it for the littler unborn babies so they can already be use to the taxes and limitations coming their way before they are born, that will be our legacy of lies.

Change is not bad, change teaches human kind to evolve as a species, if we can not do it while in earth, another species will replace us just like those before us, at least we were fitted with a brain and a free will, even if we are so low in the developmental species ladder that only 10 percent of brain is used as today, even dolphins used more brain that we do, so who really is the smartest of the mammals in earth?.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Hey our ancient ancestors did very well living in caves, when earth was having its last glacial period.

I thing I will be looking for a nice cave near by and will start to decorate the walls.

no more ATS???.....I need my periodic fix....I guess I'll have to start growing some wacky weed outside my cave...now about the fire we will need....does it go by the cave opening? somewhere in the middle of the cave?...or at the back of the cave.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I agree....the earth will return to a lush normal environment after a few thousand years of human extinction, with nary a trace

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: lostbook

By any chance, do you have a map of what the world would look like if the sea levels rose 3 feet?

I got one:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Is already been predicted by Nostradamus, but he also point out that humanity will not all be extinct, it will be those that will prepare on their own away from government intervention.

Earth will be populated again as long as our sun is healthy, but I know it sounds definitive and for many the end of life, but it doesn't have to happen like that.

I believe in soul continuity, we will learn from our present mistakes as a species.

We as humans have the potential to survive in earth but no when is those behind trying to profit from scams on the environment, it doesn't create an unification for solutions but a grim and ugly debate about mortality and what if's or not's.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HocusLocus

Tell that to New Orleans. No amount of preparing could have saved that city. The corruption prevented the levees from being fixed and the city flooded.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join