It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're The Problem!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
After reading this absurd article one of my coworkers posted on FB 10 Ways Well-Meaning White Teachers Bring Racism Into Our Schools I began browsing through some more articles on the website mainly for laughs and while it's no secret....I have some bad news for you..........YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE A BAD PERSON, AND YOU'RE THE PROBLEM!!!

Are you a white person? - well then you're creating and sustaining white privilege
Are you a man? - well then you're creating and sustaining women's oppression
Are you skinny? - well then you're creating and sustaining skinny privilege and fat shamming
Are you straight? well then you're creating and sustaining inequality for gay people
Do you identify as the same sex that you were born? well then you're creating and sustaining the oppression of transgenders
Why isn't the world fair and why doesn't it revolve around my personal situation?!?!

So basically unless you're an overweight, gay, trans-gendered, black woman, then YOU'RE the problem!!!

I'm not saying there isn't oppression of certain classes, but isn't the victimization getting a little ridiculous these days? And who's leading the charge against the oppression of overweight, gay, trans-gendered, black women? White liberals! Does anybody else see the problem here?

If you even try to suggest that perhaps the reason someone is not getting paid the same amount as someone else isn't due to them being an overweight, black woman, but perhaps that they're just bad at their job's....people lose their minds!!! You're racist! You're fat shamming! You're oppressing women!!

I even saw a white coworker ask a black coworker to refer to other black people as African Americans when she was telling a story! My black coworker was speechless! That's the world we're living in.

Ok. I feel better now.

edit on 28-8-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed ALL-CAPS from thread title. MOD Note: The Use Of All Caps In Thread Titles

edit on 28-8-2015 by stdscf12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2015 by stdscf12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
People want to blame anyone for their problems or lack of success. They refuse to believe they pretty much control their own destiny.
Your only special to your mommy.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Poundsign:MyLifeMatters.

SnF OP.

The world has gone full retard.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stdscf12
If you're still alive, you're bringing shame and discrimination to dead people.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
If you're still alive, you're bringing shame and discrimination to dead people.

CornedBeefHashTag: DeadLivesMatter
edit on 28-8-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Final & Beezzer...

But you both missed the comatose...

They're between dead and alive and therefore you're sustaining and perpetuating their oppression.

Shame on you both.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Final & Beezzer...

They're between dead and alive and therefore you're sustaining and perpetuating their oppression.

Shame on you both.

A spokesman for the comotose had something to say on the subject. . . and I quote. . .

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Final & Beezzer...

Shame on you both.

A spokesman for the comotose had something to say on the subject. . . and I quote. . .

Yes I heard, it was a heart warming speech that brought me to tears.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Can we still shame people who shame people...

Or is that shameful?

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Incorrect - the media is the problem. You see, the media IS the political correctness arm of the global propaganda mouthpiece.

It is EXTREMELY important that this entity divide society into as many fragmented pieces as possible, because unity is strength, and this will not be tolerated.

Black/white/homo/hetro/christian/muslim/jew/red/blue/north/south/guns....etc

As long as you hate someone or something, their goal is achieved.

Hold Fast, question everything.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I certainly am the problem. On top of that, I shave my head, so I'm not only mocking bald people, but I'm hair shaming as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Or is that shameful?

If you shame people who shame people then you become shame people who shame people, and if you continue this shaming, it will cause a collapse of the space-time continium and we will all end up wearing jaunty hats in another alternate reality.

True story.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is EXTREMELY important that this entity divide society into as many fragmented pieces as possible, because unity is strength, and this will not be tolerated.

You know what's a real disheartening thing about that, Sublime...
A puzzle has never put itself back together.

I think we're screwed, to be honest.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer, your wicked sense of humor is showing again...
Nicely done. I'd buy you lunch for that one, if I could.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Or is that shameful?

If you shame people who shame people then you become shame people who shame people, and if you continue this shaming, it will cause a collapse of the space-time continium and we will all end up wearing jaunty hats in another alternate reality.

True story.

That'd be a real shame.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Ha! This literally made me laugh out loud!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I never understood how fundamentally bad of a person I am until that article informed me that I am "inscribed with Whiteness". That link in the article is to a pdf, but it's an interesting read.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I looked at the article and read as much as I could stand. It is, as usual, way over the top. I'll tell you something I've learned that I believe is interesting.

I know quite a number of young, college educated white women from my work place. (we do Federal Regulatory compliance work) They're married; they have children and most have children that are just now entering school for the first time. All but 2 of the 7 I know have chosen to put their kids in private schools. We've discussed this amongst ourselves and I've tried to glean what's going on with them and what I learned surprised me.

They feel alienated from this society. They don't want their kids subjected to the influences of these public school nut job educators. And what's even more surprising to me is that when they discuss the situation they find themselves in with their kids, they honestly don't want their kids interacting with the society at large, i.e., general population. They rarely discuss "race relations" but when they do, its basically an eye roll fest and its obvious they've distanced themselves to the extent possible from members of other races, including blacks. They don't do that out of hostility, but rather they express apprehension about what an encounter might be like. Of course, there are black employees at the company but beyond pleasantries there isn't much in the way of interaction.

From what I gather as I play my role of "fly on the wall", these young women survive with their kids by networking with others like themselves and group on the basis of common interests. Of the 7, 1 family is homeschooling and they network with other home schoolers and with the Private school kids.

When it comes to the rare discussion of politics, I've learned that again, its an eye roll fest. None of them have voted in years and wouldn't consider doing so now. They scoff at the idea of there being a political solution to anything.

So these liberal social engineers are having an interesting effect on the society at large, but their effects on young white moms came as a surprise to me. And I wouldn't have known it if i hadn't listened in carefully and successfully inserted myself somewhat into their clique. And yes, they do discuss these PC teaching techniques and are entirely repelled by the whole scene.

Just an FYI for what its worth.

For my part, I'm glad to see them stepping back from this "society" and its corrosive, racist PC crap. Its certainly the case that if they don't look out for themselves and their families, no one else will.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Final & Beezzer...

Shame on you both.

Yes I heard, it was a heart warming speech that brought me to tears.

I've heard it all before.
I made it like 2 minutes in and had to stop listening. Just a lot of nothing!

HashishTag: NothingReallyMatters
edit on 28-8-2015 by FinalCountdown because: Hashishtag

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Looks like there's a conflict among the Ivory Tower Academic Intelligentsia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join