It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment - The balance of duality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What reason is there though? Evolution maybe? That's what many say. Consciousness evolving through separation to realize it's true nature.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Fun story, but true: I knew a Yoga-guy who told me his karma was so superb because people kept feeding him drugs. If that doesn't show how stupid the whole idea is and how little people understand it which think of themselfes as good people....

But it is true in the end it is a control mechanism like almost all "religious"/society cultural ideas.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I think your premises misuse Newton's laws of motion for things they weren't meant to be used for. Newton's laws of motion are measurable equations. The third law is represented as such: F1 = F2, where F1 and F2 are two competing forces. You can't measure or mathematically manipulate luck or karma though, so Newton's laws of motion don't apply there. Not to mention neither of those two are examples of physical forces, so they can't be plugged into that equation anyways.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I take it you know Jed Mckenna? He has a forum and I ask him questions sometimes. He said something like "All will arrive" or that eventually everyone will know the truth (enlightenment) he says. So will eventually every subjective consciousness realize their true nature as oneness? They say living in the dimension of separation and pain is temporary, but necessary for growth. Joy/bliss is yours to explore forever since it's what consciousness fundamentally is. Agree?
Consciousness has chosen to experience separation to know itself as oneness.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wow, now i regret giving you a flag. What bs.
Joy/bliss has nothing to do with consciousness. While we may argue what that is, it sure as hell has nothing to do with feelings like that. It is not the same as awareness and you need to be aware of yourself to feel, but consciousness is different.
It is much more basic, the part making decissions without judging and feeling, life but not human, more on a tinier level, bacterias have consciousness too and don't give a damn about happiness.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join