It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AU Prime Minister's "Stasi Policing" of Immigrants Cancelled Due to Flash Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

A major policing operation planned for Melbourne's CBD this weekend has been cancelled after a backlash over plans to include Australian Border Force (ABF) officials in the crackdown. [...]

Earlier, the ABF had said it would be checking people's visas on the streets of the city centre as part of the operation, which also involved Victoria Police and other agencies.

The original announcement quoted ABF regional commander for Victoria and Tasmania Don Smith as saying officers would be positioned at various locations around the city and would speak "with any individual we cross paths with". [...]

The statement about the operation's cancellation was then issued.

"Victoria Police has made a decision not to go ahead with this weekend's Operation Fortitude," it said.
"We understand there has been a high level of community interest and concern which has been taken into consideration when making this decision.

Controversial Australian Border Force visa checks, Operation Fortitude cancelled
'Shambolic' Operation Fortitude cancelled after community backlash

Wow. So, the "George W. Bush" moment that the Land Down Under is now infamously in the throes of, after a moment of madness resulting in the 'mad monk', Tony Abbott being elected as prime minister, is now bearing quasi communist era 'secret policing' rotten fruit!

What next -- ghettos? Concentration camps? A 'FINAL SOLUTION'...?!

Pray Trump doesn't get inspired by this, U.S....!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
They are really trying everything they can to destroy this country. Yes, they backed down on the operation, or at least the publicly visible part of it--these goose-steppers will just change tactic and start bombing innocents then blambing muslims, get their "divide and fear" on.

The problem is, when its all over, the fascists will flee to Argentina or something and the rest of us will be stuck here in a broken nation left to pick up the pieces.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm seriously torn between the joy of seeing the public stand up and say no..

and the utter disgust that we had to in the first place.

this type of operation should NEVER happen, yet still there those that use the "if you have nothing to hide" meme..

I was born, and bred here.
I don't have a visa, as i have never left.. and the process is lengthy for a document i don't need....

well.. *didn't* need..

Do i need to carry all my documents around now? apparently.. yes.. lest the stromtroopers want to have a chat.

This is where the outrage came from, yet there are those that have missed this point.. entirely.. and proceed to swing the lefty axe at anyone that stood up for our basic human/civil rights.

You talk about the "coming" division... it's already here, it's been building up since Morrison's grandstanding last year.. now they have dumpy dutton as the whipping boy but the divisive De-humanisation rhetoric is just the same.

ABF should be disbanded. there is no need for it, it only plays a decisive role in the fantasy land of the admin.. down here on the ground most of us are a bit worried at the sanctioned overreach of the ABF that makes America's HLS look like parking inspectors.. we don't want stormtroopers, we don't need them.

Today proved that.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Where are your papers citizen!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
There is more to this than meets the eye. IMO, this is just the tin edge of the wedge to start rolling out in Australia what has een happening in the US for several years now.

This move or something similar to it will keep rolling, rolling, rolling.

This stuff up is just a hic up

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

I object to any insistence on the part of any government, that its citizens carry with them identification, that any liberty they might yet have access to be denied them in any way, as a result of failure to carry such identification, to any notion that the police have the right to question everyone about everything at any time.

They, Members of Parliament, and Prime Ministers alike, are all servants of the people. If they behave like anything else, they should forfeit their very lives as punishment for their hubris. The so called authorities must know their place. They belong to us, not the other way around, and must be bought to heel when they forget their place in the order of things. The people come first, the functionaries a long distant second.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
might have something to do with
this
or
this

now imagine being a no body, irritating a big business from one of these countries ...

Might have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I think ABF (ASIO) needs to take heed of the Cronulla riots and the Braboys........and let real men deal with anything that may transpire.

That's how we roll down under - when the cops can't handle the situation, they call Joe Public to take care of things.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Sublimecraft because: clarification

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I hope Trump wins, and does, have every illegal thrown out on their ear, then begins mandatory minimum 10 year now parole at hard labor sentences for reentry.

You get one chance, we throw you out, you come back illegally, you suffer the consequences.

You guys are all insane.

The West is going to fall because we see being inundated with illegal immigrants.

This is an attempt to do something about it.

But I guess once they all want to leave because our countries are more broke than north Korea, you guys will be happy.
edit on 28-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Tired of breaking your back to prop up all DEM DAMN illegals hun?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: johnwick

Tired of breaking your back to prop up all DEM DAMN illegals hun?

I'm poor I don't support them, I was middle class, bit why pay me $0.12 a foot to finish drywall, when a truckload of Mexicans can do it in half the time at $0.06 a foot?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow...just wow op. SPeechless.

As for th epersons who think this is out of line and are worried about not having a visa a Birth certificate and a Standard ID works wonders to prove your residency as a natural citizen. You dont need a VISA unless you are not from that country.

I think thy should do this at Islamic rallies as well. no papers/visa/or proof of residency you go back to the med. Soon no rallies will be held because they would fear immigracion!! immigracion!!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Whoever in Australia is not an Aboriginal should have a visa. Except those who invaded it ofc, they shouldn't be allowed at all.

Illegal immigration is an enormous issue, who do you think is pushing to have cheap labour without having the cost of transporting things from SE Asia or Africa or other 3rd world countries? Who do you think is making those countries desperate to funnel the new expendable labour force in the "first" world countries?

Europe is being invaded aswell, might be because somebody decided to remove the puppets and destabilize the continent?

There are a few words you should remember with this mass-migration: TTIP,TPP and TISA. Unconventional social warfare.
Wake up and recognize your enemies rather than fighting with the other slaves.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentHeston

What next -- ghettos? Concentration camps?

We already have these. They have been in existence for years under the pretense of protecting Australia's borders. I do not find it disturbing that the Abbott Defence Force showed their true faces (not surprised at all), what I do find disturbing however, is the number of Australians who just do not care enough to even post about it on facebook. I have a number of friends who live in Melbourne and they were totally silent on this topic.

It truly troubles me to see how many Australians just do not care about this latest abuse of our rights and freedoms, and all the others before them. The amount of replies and flags this thread has is proof of how many people just do not care. Abbott's Defence Force will try it again, but next time they will be better prepared, and will probably create a law that will make it illegal to resist or protest.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase
is the number of Australians who just do not care enough to even post about it on facebook.

So all because people do not use silly social media you think they do not care....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

So you think that those people actually do care, despite their failure to try to raise awareness about it with their other friends, to share the information with hundreds of other people with the click of a button?

Do you think that perhaps these people are actually so angry about this, that they have been rendered speechless and incapable of using their hands and fingers?

Do you think that they actually really do care, judging by the way they post pictures of their baby belly, or the lunch they had that day?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase
to share the information with hundreds of other people with the click of a button?

Most people who use social media use it purely for "look at me me me me me"

They probably have more important things to care about than some illegals being caught.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

I hope Trump wins, and does, have every illegal thrown out on their ear, then begins mandatory minimum 10 year now parole at hard labor sentences for reentry.

You get one chance, we throw you out, you come back illegally, you suffer the consequences.

You guys are all insane.

The West is going to fall because we see being inundated with illegal immigrants.

This is an attempt to do something about it.

But I guess once they all want to leave because our countries are more broke than north Korea, you guys will be happy.

Why is it okay for your ancestors to immigrate to lands where there are better opportunities but not for these immigrants? Are you selfish? A xenophobe? Which one is it?

America was built on the backs of immigrants, many of them were illegal too. No matter how many hateful things you say you won't control other human beings instinct to migrate where there's better opportunities for themselves and their families.

And Trump won't win. Trust me.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Are you even an australian resident? Are you aware of the laws, powers and departments that have been put in place since abbott came to office, before that even? This operation to "catch illegals" is just a distraction, only a small part of the much larger picture.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

..........because those immigrants came legally, and learned the languange and assimilated

Illegals are Illegal...........

Thats like a man being arrested for theft saying "How come I cant have a car off the lot , that mans driving one" , "sir that man bought his"

I know you arent that ignorant
edit on 9/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join