It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big computer and internet probs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is the perspective of a person who claims to be targeted in many ways, including interference with computers and the internet. From this perspective there seem to be many vulnerabilities not getting attention. The following describes what is experienced as constant interference for 20 odd years now, and using methods most technicians do not seem to understand.

Interference with use of computers and the internet.

I started using computers in 1985 and then the internet in 1989. I have always had considerably more problems than anyone else I know: with hardware, operating systems, just about all software, wireless signals, email and when I have been able to access the internet - with browsers, webmail, and other on line accounts, groups and forums. It is way beyond being explainable as faulty equipment, bad luck, or incompetence. I have confirmed this by seeing that the same sorts of things happen when I use public computers.

Home computers stuffed

Four times now I have set up a home office and it never lasts for more than a couple of months. The last time I had all new equipment and the latest regularly updated software - Norton Internet security, a Keylogger Detector and an Intrusion Detection System. The setup worked perfectly for one week, but then many operating system problems started happening. When I kept trying to sort that out hardware problems started happening. I now have four computers, all bought new, that won't even turn on. This of course could just be me attempting to do things beyond my ability. However, when I took one of those computers to a technician and he pressed the same ON button it started up normally and he checked it out thoroughly finding nothing wrong with it. When I got it home it worked properly twice and then resumed not turning on. A similar thing happened to a UPS unit, which is the first thing to fix in my 5th attempt to set up a home office. It was not switching on. I took it to a technician who explained to me that it has a relay which senses when 240v is connected and then starts it up. For me the relay does not do its job, but for him it behaves normally without him doing anything other than connecting the power. He did use another power cord, but mine checks out as working for other 240v equipment connected to the same power supply.

Difficulties working on public computers

As a result of the above voluntary work, activism and attempting to run a small business has had to be done in limited time at State libraries, internet cafes and an employment agency, and more recently on an already not fully functioning smart phone. Most of the public computers have well set up systems watched over by IT professionals. Most users at these places do not have difficulties during their internet sessions, except of course the beginners. However, nearly all of the problems I have experienced on my home computers have been replicated on these public computers.

- Computers have crashed at significant moments. Registering a business online proved impossible. I tried several times and the form process would never complete. When I kept persevering the computer crashed twice needing a reboot and then a third time it wouldn't reboot. This was at a tertiary education institution library with many people busily working beside me on computers all working well it seemed.

- Operating systems sometimes have seized up necessitating a re-boot.

- Sound often does not work properly. Muting keeps getting un-muted and volume can't be turned down and things start playing that should not.

- Word processing sometimes becomes difficult or even impossible. There have been a few weird effects. One is a delay in the time between typing and the letters appearing on the screen - up to about three seconds at times. Another is glitches in content appearing e.g. always don 't with a hard space that can 't be removed.

- Saving work is sometimes difficult. The program will say saved but then, when I go back to that document later, I find it has reverted to a previous save. That has happened repeatedly in some documents. Recently I checked the date on a document that reverted to an earlier state. I definitely worked on it on the 24th but the files save date had reverted to the 22nd. One answer to that problem is to continually save the work under a changed file name, making way too many files, or work in a secure online account. I have had similar mysterious things happen to content in some online accounts.

- Web pages often open very slowly or not at all. The page loading icon will spin for 20 mins or more. Sometimes leaving that browser window trying and then putting the same url into another it will open immediately, Other times it will also spin endlessly. Sometimes they will work normally for a while then start going slow, or the browser might even freeze completely and need to be re-loaded. Other times the browser windows will endlessly replicate. And another one is web sites that loop back to the home page when attempting to go to the third level page.

- Access to online accounts is sometimes blocked. Passwords do not work. Obviously a person can get the p.w. wrong the first time, but doing it more carefully the second time, and then again a third time, to be fully sure, and it still does not work seems more like blocked than incompetence. Often going through the p.w. reset procedure gets me into the account. It just wastes precious time. Sometimes not though. Now with two step verification on accounts there are added problems. Codes sent by txt to mobile sometimes don't arrive or arrive days late, or not at all. Printed out codes have many times failed to work. On one occasion I was blocked from accessing my online accounts, where nearly all my work is now, for 15 days.

- Saving on Web Forms many times has not worked. Or the captcha code is not accepted. That has sometimes fully prevented me from setting up online services.

- Webmail services have proven very difficult to use: Zoho is the best that I have had. It is my 12th. All the others have not functioned as they should. I have talked to many of their techs who have not been able to explain why things have been seizing up, or not loading, or otherwise malfunctioning. My 11th Webmail service was gmail, with encrypted connection to the computer I am using turned on. Mostly it worked but was very annoying in that whenever I attempted to open an email from one source, which just happened to be doing something to expose covert targeting of innocent people. Instead of the email from this group opening the account would nearly always log out. Others were also complaining of that happening in Google support forums, but there were not enough it seems to get Google's attention on the problem, or maybe they just didn't know why that sort of thing was happening - like all the other Webmail services. Zoho is the first that has almost worked properly so far. A disappearing email has still happen though, but of course they have no control over what happens to an email once it leaves their system.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Jed Stuart because: forgot a bit

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jed Stuart

- Email sometimes disappears and also SMS text messages. I have communicated with people on many occasions to see if they got my email or text message and they have not. And they are not in the spam filter. With one person the txt messages will nearly always take about two days to arrive. (Missing items also often happened through the post, until they put tracking on). I have a a professional tracking service on my email- www.readnotify.com. Outgoing email first goes to their server where it registers on my tracking page and has tracking added to it. Sometimes emails have not even arrived at their server. On one occasion I tried many times to email a tech who I thought could help me with a modem not working properly. It did not get to him until the 21st attempt and all the earlier attempts hadn't even registered at the readnotify server.

- Alteration to content in online work. Upon typing in something for a forum post or comment or in a contact form, if not watched closely I find it can be altered while I am working on it.

- Online accounts are sometimes broken into. I recently put an email in my Zoho 'To Do' folder and a few days later it was gone. Other evidence of this, other than the missing email, is settings sometimes being changed, filters altered, and glitches added to the content of websites. This all happens despite 15 character passwords and two step verification of identity. I have been advised to try using the Authy app in order to make the signing in process more secure. However, the attempt to install it on my phone from Google Play failed. It registers there as having been installed but does not appear on the phone.

- Difficulties participating in online forums. I gave up attempting to use email to receive and post to online forums because there were so many gaps in the communication. Using the group or forums webpage has proven far more reliable. However, with Yahoo groups sometimes posts take days to display on that page, or never do. Other times they go straight in within a second or two. That seems to be the normal behavior for Yahoo Groups and anything else an indication of outside interference. Please correct me if I am wrong about that. Some viewers might think a person has dementia, or some such, if the post ends up going in two, three or more times resulting from repeated attempts to post, and then earlier 'held back' posts getting posted.

- Statistics online are often faulty. I have checked many systems for website statistics and not found a reliable one yet. Google Analytics, the one so many people think to be good, was hopeless. Attempts to find a way to get it working properly only led me to others with the same problems, but also to many people who find it works as it should. I have also found that statistics in online forums get altered. I had one post that was viewed by 49 people one day showing as viewed by 2 a week later. I have noted the number of likes on my Facebook posts and gone back a day or two later and found there to be none. Also, my comments have sometimes been removed and the page owner claims it was not they who did it.

- Anti-keylogger programs are ineffective. One did provide some protection from most of this interference for around 6 weeks. But then it all suddenly resumed as before. Presumably the perps found a way around it.

The good news though is that some of the problems experienced on home computers have not been replicated on public ones. These problems were:

- The internet connection often dropped out. This has happened occasionally on public computers, but could be a normal problem. However, at home this happened regularly without apparent cause. e.g. when I first made contact with other people in an online forum, who believe they are similarly targeted, the connection dropped out five times a minute. I would re-establish it and it would drop out again. I tried again the next day and the connection was fine.

- There were often interference patterns on the screen. Mostly this was strange lines, colors dropping out, flickering etc. This would often happen at significant moments like when attempting to post to an online forum. Sometimes it became too difficult to use the computer with all those 'special effects', and then the next day it would work perfectly again. That is except for one strange dot right in front of my view, and the same dot, in almost the same place on the screen, found its way to one of the public computers I was regularly using. Coincidence? I think not.

- Modems continually ceasing to work. There were many incidents. Initially it was mysterious burning out of line drivers in the old land line modems, without any lightning, or other such event. This happened so often that I had to learn how to replace them myself. Later it was the modem continually getting de-registered, the computer ceasing to be able to detect the modem etc.

- Wireless signal erratic. It would be 4 bars for a while and then suddenly 0 bars. This also still happens with mobile phones, and in many locations. Is this normal? I haven't had time to find out.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Jed Stuart because: some got missed at the start of this one

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am in the field of IT with over 10 years on the job, I will be too scared to have you near any servers with that kind of a life long history of computer related problems..lol

Have you tried looking into the possibility of you having a higher then normal static electricity in your body? Some sort of an electromagnetic interference with the electronics you come across?

But than, if it also affects websites than it goes beyond normal? This may sound weird but have you seen a psychic regarding this strangeness?

It seems to me something is trying to get your attention, very strange indeed..

Peace

edit on 28-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I have computer problems often and printers etc.

I do also have a sparking effect when I walk through some departmental stores with sparks and shocks if people touch me when I'm walking over metal strips which hold the carpets in place. Cars and all sorts of things generate electricity off of me and watches also don't seem to like me. Aggravatingly this also includes my wife's petticoats/slips etc. (Its actually most annoying and embarrassing even when I wear thick rubber soles or other non-static clothing).

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
While I would question that this fits s&t, it's obvious you have a demonic infestation. Or you've been cursed.

I recommend professional assistance.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jed Stuart
Four times now I have set up a home office and it never lasts for more than a couple of months. The last time I had all new equipment and the latest regularly updated software - Norton Internet security, a Keylogger Detector and an Intrusion Detection System. The setup worked perfectly for one week, but then many operating system problems started happening. When I kept trying to sort that out hardware problems started happening.

First, I highly recommend not using Norton. It has way too much crap that is constantly running in the background and is unnecessary, and in my experience, causes all sorts of weird issues with some software and with performance.

What keyloggers and intrusion detection programs were you using? A lot of malware markets itself as such, and to the untrained eye can appear to be perfectly legitimate. Even the legitimate ones, though, can cause weird problems sometimes.

Why do you need extra keylogger and intrusion detection software? Most antivirus and internet security software should be able to detect any sort of common intrusion or keylogger, and if someone were specifically targeting you and wanted to install a keylogger or otherwise access your machine, therr are a number of ways of doing so that won't be detected even by most specialty detection programs.

...and I now have four computers, all bought new, that won't even turn on. This of course could just be me attempting to do things beyond my ability. However, when I took one of those computers to a technician and he pressed the same ON button it started up normally and he checked it out thoroughly finding nothing wrong with it. When I got it home it worked properly twice and then resumed not turning on. A similar thing happened to a UPS unit, which is the first thing to fix in my 5th attempt to set up a home office. It was not switching on. I took it to a technician who explained to me that it has a relay which senses when 240v is connected and then starts it up. For me the relay does not do its job, but for him it behaves normally without him doing anything other than connecting the power. He did use another power cord, but mine checks out as working for other 240v equipment connected to the same power supply.

This is probably stating the obvious, but have you checked the wiring in whatever location you've set this all up? From the description, an outlet that's shorting out could explain these problems.

I'll address some of the other points a little later.

Edit: Ignore the above. I think Bedlam may be on to something. You should probably seek out an exorcist and a voodoo priestess immediately.
edit on 8/28/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I immediately remembered this interview from the 90's and it may apply. I have similar issues and timeframe.

Laurie Anderson knows best.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

My mother used to be able to turn our computer off by touching the case, as she has a higher than normal static charge. She also used to be able to make the petals of roses by the side of the local train platform, hum by touching them. This, we posit, was because she was actually sympathetically vibrating with the energy in the power lines above. She was always the one to spark on tacky floors, or what have you as well.

My mother, when she was a younger lady, before she met my father in fact, used to work at Bank of America in their London office. They had these vast rooms of people with accounting machines that you had to put a large plastic card into, which would have holes in it. Then, data would have to be entered somehow using the massive keyboard, and its long armed keys. She once set one on fire just by putting the card into it. When you consider that the action was repeated several hundred, sometimes a thousand times in a day or more, you realise that the static charge built up would be enormous!

We go through computer parts around here like its going out of fashion. It is mostly power units that die on us, and we have to keep a couple spare, otherwise we have to wait, and this is our business computer as well, so we cannot have it be down and having power problems for longer than a couple of hours at a stretch, less if we can make it happen.

With regard to the web based stuff, that is all an entirely different ball game. My advice to you would be to get off the web, and do everything with a typewriter and a stamp.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Have you tried looking into the possibility of you having a higher then normal static electricity in your body? Some sort of an electromagnetic interference with the electronics you come across?

A ground strap would fix that. Or kling free in the laundry, maybe. This sounds different.

Not powering on sounds a bit more than just static cling…

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I knew someone that worked in the computer debug department and as a trainee, she gave us fits because whenever she would work with them they would fail.

Literally, every single time.

That peaked our interest because this was the tech department and a bunch of well trained debuggers tried like hell to prove it wasn't her. We couldn't.

Testing routines would start for a bit and crash when she touched return on a key board, but she could sit in front of the machine and it would run and pass normally if someone else touched it.

Proved over and again, she became so flustered she got up and left the building, never to return. Too bad, she got me the job there, was a nice lady, just computers weren't going to be her career, obviously…

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If it´s the same house ever since, find someone(Electrician) who can check your earth connection potential. If it differs too much from the neutral potential you can be sure that plays into your problems as well. Let him check the bridge in your main distribution box between N+PE(earth) if there are differences and he does not check the bridge. Could be loose scews in there. I suppose in australia its TN-C-S.

I had the same problem at my brothers house, mainboards failed almost on a two month basis, power supplys. At the end there was a loose contact in the socket connecting the earth potential. The fluctuating potential differences can mess with electronics.

Yes, it´s TN-C-S system in australia, just googled it right now.

Just for #s and giggls, I suppose you´re on windows, hit ctrl+alt+del. Resize the taskmanager so it shows every entry and go to the tab "processes" and hit "print" on your keyboard, hit windows key + R, type "paint" or "mspaint", hit enter. CTRL+V, resize the image workspace and hit ctrl+s type "wargarbl" and hit enter. Hit alt+f4 to close. Or use the snipping tool if your Win7 or higher. Upload that to your ats space and show it us here.
edit on 28-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I would make her wear an earth connected armband everytime she uses the computer.
I once had a 19" CRC-monitor back in 1998 or so and everytime I touched the glas and the heat radiator I´d get a shock. Was funny to say to someone turn down the heat radiator. Then touch the glas and the person. The person on the radiator will feel the shock more heavy then me. Of course, if you touch a glas that gets bombarded with electrons, something like this can happen ;-)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Now I know how this came to be:

I had a rig (AMD athlon thunderbird 1200mhz around year 1999 after I got rid of the pentium2-400).
I was learning C++ (...in 21 days... if someone knows those books) back then on the borlandc++ compiler.
There were some runtime related issues and freezes on Win98/98SE and often when I thought
("Ich schwör ich schmeiß dich zum Fenster raus du drecksteil"!
[I #ing swear I´ll throw you out the window you piece of #]) while moving my finger to the reset button. Funny, often when I was just about to press the button things would return to normal. This was nearly reproducable when any runtime related error / freezes occured. I suppose 7 out of 10 times I talked the rig into working again. Of course this is impossible.
One very hot day in summer, I had the case open and the atx tower was on my desk to the right. Suddenly a bright yellow smd led began to shine. For a short second I wondered why I did not notice the LED before and it was on a unusual place, too. Directly under the DIMM slots. And why was it shining so violent bright? Well it wasn´t a LED, it was a smd component going to hell.

The button cover however was metallic and so was the whole case, including the front panel. The floor was synthetic carpet. Now I know why this could have been.
edit on 28-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Sorry. It’s the first thing to come to mind after reading the OP.

I’ve been a software engineer/developer/analyst for a number of years, and have had to deal with countless user-related problems, but this one takes the prize! Wow! Although not in the same league as your problems, Jed, my ex-wife used to pretty frequently come up with some real doozies. She kept me busy every waking moment straightening out her messes. Practically drove me nuts. Unlike your problems, though, her’s were always traceable back to her own reckless actions. I used to tell her, “If you don’t know what it will do, DON’T SELECT THE OPTION”. Did she listen to me? Of course not.

Anyway, I feel for you, Jed. Unfortunately, as far as a solution to your problem goes, I haven’t a clue. From what you’ve stated, it can’t all be attributable to electrostatic discharge. This one’s way beyond my scope.

Not to make light of your dilemma, but your OP reminded me of something that happened years ago. There was a particular person at work who was having constant problems with her programs crashing, garbage mysteriously appearing in her Word documents, system shutting down on it’s own, etc. Since it never worked trying to walk her through a problem over the phone, I decided one day that I would just go to her office, sit down and closely watch her until a problem occurred. Well, it wasn’t long before we hit paydirt. I was watching as she was creating a document in Word when suddenly a message appeared on the screen prompting her if she wanted to shutdown, restart, blah, blah, blah... She saw it and immediately panicked. I calmed her down a little bit, though, by telling her not to panic. I told her that was my job. Anyway, being the red-blooded male IT specialist I was, the very second I entered her office it was apparent she was extraordinarily gifted in the boobies department. Fortunately, this little mental note came in handy when it counted most. Closely observing her (cough, cough...), I saw that she tended to lean into the keyboard sometimes while typing, and at the very moment the shutdown message occurred I keenly noted her breasts brushing across the keyboard. Lucky catch!
Don’t ask me how, but apparently she managed to enter CTL/ALT/DEL with her boobs! At any rate, I tried my best to discretely suggest she try backing away from the keyboard a little in the future. She just blushed and agreed to do that. Funny, I felt so cheap leaving her office...

So, good luck with your problem, Jed. Hopefully someone here can steer you in the right direction. Interesting thread...

edit on 8/28/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
you are not the first on ATS to have this.
it was about a year ago?

even I get it some times but not much.
a computer will stop working and some
times my back up comp stops to.

I try ever thing to get them to work.
I found if I leave it / them for 4 weeks.
and try agina it works ok! odd.

I build my own computers from parts.
and have no trouble with this.
I never have a problem with static.

I think some people emit some kind of frequency.
and you have it band.
I think its odd body chemastery you have.

can you get some one to test your bodies frequency.
around and conntact feild?
I have a simple meter I will keep a eye on my field.

you must have herd of people who give out hight static?
sorry about my bad grammer.
I just type what I am thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
I am in the field of IT with over 10 years on the job, I will be too scared to have you near any servers with that kind of a life long history of computer related problems..lol

But than, if it also affects websites than it goes beyond normal? This may sound weird but have you seen a psychic regarding this strangeness?

It seems to me something is trying to get your attention, very strange indeed..

Peace

Early on I thought there was something like that happening. I was doing some voluntary work with an organization attempting to save the worlds rainforests so there would not be tornadoes happening more and more etc. Every time I would walk in the door of the computer room the screen would flicker and programs malfunction. A few of the others there would look at me with frustration and annoyance. However, it didn't happen when I went near a computer at a bank or PO or many other places with similar computers. I ended up deciding it was some sort of equivalent of a Psy Op at an office level. Does that get called a psyop? Whatever, I later decided it was more likely someone was remotely watching when I walked into that room and giving their computers a burst of some fancy EM beam, similar to other effects I have mentioned. The end result being the desired frustration and annoyance. They did forgive me though as they thought I was a spook.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Jed Stuart because: I am not sure why it posted too quickly.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Like I said, ask an electrician to check the earth potential in your house. Before you marvel what could be and what not I would simply rule out the easy things first. I mean it´s your money that goes down the drain when you break hardware as often as some people break a kitkat in half.
Checking the earth potential is not expensive, you could even do it for yourself if you had a two pole voltage tester.
But even if you could and find that the N and PE potential differs, you would have to hire an electrician anyways and he will check the sockets anyways.

I did not give you advice how to do this, because if you use the wrong equipment/mess up you could die. And I do not want to be the person who send you on that way. If you are interested in fixing this and really find out, I would do the obvious and check the installation of your house first.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If you're using wireless to establish a connection to the internet, some of the wireless (not cell) phones interfere with it. Ditto with microwave ovens depending on room layout and quality of the oven. Other than that, mains interference. Sometimes just too much noise on the line, so it's not always as simple as a bad ground or polarity issues.

If you think some issues are at OS level, have you tried something besides Windows? Linux tends to come in a lot more flavors, and it's code is exposed to public scrutiny, so it tends to be compromised a bit less. If you don't want to do a full install, you can also run it off of a boot disk or other device.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I agree with the posters who mention possible higher concentration of static electricity in your own body. I could see where that would wreak havoc on just about anything that plugs in or runs on batteries.

I saw a documentary several years ago where there was this guy who had so much electricity in him that he could grab the plug of an appliance and just cup it in his hand, and it would work perfectly! They did all these tests on him and discovered he radiated his own electric field.

Crazy stuff, rare, but could happen. I have no idea who could test you for that kind of thing, but there is definitely some kind of electric field in you/around you, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Norton Internet security

...stopped reading there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join