It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Greek Palace unearthed near Sparta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i love discoveries like this, makes me wonder how much is left to be found.. and especially with IS destroying so much of our civilisations heritage, it's nice to find a little bit more

www.theguardian.com...

Archaeologists in Greece have discovered the ruins of an ancient palace with important archaic inscriptions dating back to the Mycenaean age, the culture ministry said Tuesday. The palace, likely built around the 17th-16th centuries BC, had around 10 rooms and was discovered near Sparta in southern Greece. At the site, archaeologists found objects of worship, clay figurines, a cup adorned with a bull’s head, swords and fragments of murals.

given that it's been being excavated since 2009, i'd imagine there's a few threads on here about it, but i couldn't find them.. in any case this is new news, but i'd love to read anything else on it that might've been posted already so please linky if you know where to find them, thanks

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
That's amazing.
There is still so much under ground that's waiting to be found. They also found quite a few bits and pieces to analise, which should give us a more info on an ancient culture.

This was from 2009 liek you said, so hopefully there is more recent info on it.

join