It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

There's been a HUGE leap in stealth since the 90s. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Ok for that, now in my opinion the great evolution must be in term of new engine, less consumption and more trust is the new promise for the 6th gen fighter , impatient to see the evolution of the Advent engine program on the futur Platform, higher and faster with new stealth technology and directed energy weapon surely will be the key for futur air warfare . In your opinion Zaph how many year before we see the first 6th gen prototype ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

You won't see any obvious changes with ADVENT. It's not going to allow mach 4 flight.

They're still two or three years from even setting the requirements.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The possibility of Advent engine is surely more for supercruise am i wrong ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The 18th makes sense. Happy Birthday Air Force! Your present is a new Bomber. I like it actually, will make the day memorable.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No. It has nothing to do with supercruise. It's designed to be more efficient and extend range in normal flight.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

It's also the day after the vote on the Iran deal. Sort of an in your face.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

advent engine allows the engine to basically in loose terms operate like a Turbofan you see in a commercial airliner when it wants to conserve fuel and extend range and time on target. but allows it to kick the engine into jet engine mode and allow the full power one would expect from a jet fighter engine.

think of it like those car engines that can run on half its cylinders on demand to conserve power and fuel or like toggles that some exotic super cars have that allow for the fuel consumption to be halved so it behaves well in bumper to bumper traffic where you don't need 600 horsepower.

I'm mean the anologies arent really how the advent works but it provides a jist at what its trying to achieve.

but it won't boost speed really. more like extended range and loiter time. which is a huge plus. and a big deal actually.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Baldryck

It's also the day after the vote on the Iran deal. Sort of an in your face.

Im kind of a dummy when it comes to this stuff, but this is very interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYRwww.youtube.com...
At the end of the video we see a plane cruising at mach 2.5 with this type of engine ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You see a computer simulation of an aircraft flying at Mach 2.5. That doesn't mean supercruise, or that ADVENT is designed to supercruise. ADVENT is designed to be super efficient in the cruise portion of flight, while providing extra power in the combat portion of flight.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The MRJ has had first flight slipped to the week of November 9th. They found a minor issue with rudder pedal travel that requires a change.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I wonder though, in light of the Cseries's sales woes thanks to Airbus and Boeing being bullish with regional carriers, where the MRJ's core market will be. Like the Cseries, Mitsubishi seems to have locked up an adequate number of 2nd and 3rd-tier orders, but it feels to me that for either of these to succeed long-term, they're going to need to land a big order with one of the major US/European carriers. Here's to hoping that at the very least, Air Canada chooses the Cseries to replace their E-jets, and that JAL/ANA finds some use for the MRJ.

On that note, I wonder if either has considered pushing for a bizjet version of either of their aircraft? The high-end of that market seems to be going as strong as ever, and a C-series/MRJ-based executive aircraft seems like it would be a perfect match to socket into the market in that pretty big gap between G650s/Dassaults/Challengers and the 737/A320-based aircraft. Especially seeing as to how both aircraft have beautiful lines and look like mini-757's compared to the stubbier lines of the a320/737. Surely there have to be more than a handful of Goldman execs, Saudi princes, Russian 'Oligarchs', and Chinese iPhone sweatshop magnates who are getting tired of their Gulfstreams and would be in the market for something a little different.

edit on 27-10-2015 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join