It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So its that time of year that every AvNerd loves. We're in for an interesting few months leading up to the end of the year.

None of these have confirmed dates yet, but here's what's coming up:

September:

The postponed first flight of EMD-2, the first true KC-46 has been slipped into September.

The event everyone has been holding their breath on, the bomber selection should take place around mid-September. Best guess based on events coming up put it around the 18th.

October:

The Mitsubishi MRJ will make its first flight in October. Afterwards a group of test aircraft will fly to various locations in the US to begin their certification process. Locations include Moses Lake, Washington and Eglin AFB, Florida.

End of the year:

After a delay from a planned flight in March, due to an ECU software problem, the Japanese ATD-X, indigenous stealth fighter is scheduled to fly before the end of 2015.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Looks like a busy month ahead for you Zaphod!

Are you looking forward to it?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

With any luck, hopefully I will be witness to two of these events.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh god yes. I'm planning to head to the bomber unveil or first flight if they're different days. And to the Pacific Northwest at some point to catch the MRJ.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I assume it would be superfluous then, to remind you to take a photograph or two of anything you clap eyes on which might be of interest?

Your enthusiasm is always so infectious!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm thinking of doing a puzzle with the bomber pictures and torturing the forum with it. Haha

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

do an advent calendar of random parts. wheel strut one day. piece of tail second day and so on.

it seems cruel but look at it this way. the members here will pour over each pic so thoroughly that by tge tine the whole pic is revealed the average aviation forum member will be citing manufacturing parts for every single component they'll know the plane so well. the usual folks will probably know more about the aircraft than 99% of the websites out there. the thread coukd be like the go to source on the internet for enthusiasts of the bomber. meanwhile zaph can look on like a proud papa as all of his students recite facts about the plane as if they service her themselves.

can we call you sensei zaph yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'm thinking of doing a puzzle with the bomber pictures and torturing the forum with it. Haha

You're very cruel. Do you know that? All joking aside, I can't wait to see the pics.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

so evil.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

a reply to: Skid Mark

You guys say the nicest things.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

that's exactly how I picture zaph looks!

see told you no facial hair at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Going to be a fun few months. I for one will be there with bells on for the show.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, they need to get on with it already!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sounds like a yabba-dabba-doo time. Have fun buddy!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

We're betting on the 18th for the bomber.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

How much do you think we will see at first? Will they show us pics of the dev model?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

They're talking about releasing more information once the budget passes. They just can't decide what and how much.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Is it weird that we supposedly know so much already? Haven't previous airframes been kept under wraps for years with no anouncements or confirmations. Does this mean it has been flying for years?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

We really don't though. We know some but not really hard details about what it can do.

It hasn't been flying for years, but more than people think.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Can we expect a leap this time in term of engine or airframe with the LRS-B Platform ? beacuse since the F-22 there is no real leap in stealth or engine technology the F-35 stay us hungry. When I was Young I stay with great yes watching the F-117 on the tv with Gulf War I will enjoy have the same now with the new bomber.
edit on 29-8-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2015 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join