It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forensic Video Company Finds Planned Parenthood "Full-Length" Video and Transcripts Altered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

And who else would have hired the company to do the forensics investigation if PP didn't do it, pray tell?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I know someone is going to say "It's her body, her choice"..but what about the father?

You're right, It's a very touchy subject, but the aspect you bring up is an entirely different topic, which has been discussed in many threads. My husband and I just discussed it (again) after I read your post.

I have noticed that all the PP video threads, ultimately turn into anti-abortion threads. And I'd really like to prevent that with this one.

CMP cut and spliced their videos before releasing the supposed "full-length" versions, changing the meaning of the information. And they edited the transcripts in order to deceive. That's what this is about.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Honestly my friend it reminds me of investigations showing cigarettes were good for you done by cigarette companies.

I get what you're saying though, if the Feds did an investigation, well they fund PP, so they have a vested interest in PP not being up to anything slimy. A private company getting paid cannot really be objective in my opinion so that's out.

I guess it would have to be some neutral party doing it for free, but who's really neutral on this issue?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
but who's really neutral on this issue?

Republican legislatures in some states have investigated them and found no wrong-doing. There is a Congressional Probe, started by Republicans in Congress. Surely they aren't sympathetic, or even neutral. Let's see what they find.

State Probes Find Zero Planned Parenthood Violations

Fifth State Finds No Wrong-Doing at Planned Parenthood
edit on 8/28/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

the company that pp hired then hired someone else to compare the videos and transcripts.....they didn't tell them that pp was the ones who were requesting it done!!
so it seems to me that you're argument really doesn't hold water....

and well, do a little searching and learn a little about the people who did the investigation...
that was the first thing I did!!
I find their history and background to be much more trustworthy than cmp!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Honestly my friend it reminds me of investigations showing cigarettes were good for you done by cigarette companies.

I get what you're saying though, if the Feds did an investigation, well they fund PP, so they have a vested interest in PP not being up to anything slimy. A private company getting paid cannot really be objective in my opinion so that's out.

I guess it would have to be some neutral party doing it for free, but who's really neutral on this issue?

Actually the difference between the cigarette companies and this situation is that the cigarette companies LITERALLY had the scientists on their payroll. They were employees of the cigarette companies. What happened with PP is more akin to contracting work. Planned Parenthood sought out a third party company and paid them to review the evidence. Clearly, PP was probably already sure what the results were going to be (since PP paid them to carry out the investigation and all), but that doesn't mean that this company is corrupt or anything.

Then there is the fact that investigation after investigation are coming back clearing Planned Parenthood of wrong doing. So that should further validate this company's findings. At this point, the evidence AGAINST CMP is overwhelming while the evidence against PP is non-existent.

This isn't a matter of distracting away from Planned Parenthood anymore. It's literally about following the chain of evidence no matter where it goes or who it upsets. At some point, you really should just accept that PP didn't break any laws and that CMP was being deceitful with these videos. The evidence saying that is the case is beyond confirmed by this point.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I feel you and that all makes sense.

Seems based on the links posted the general consensus right now is PP did nothing wrong.

All that's really left then is the issue of abortion itself. While legal now, history will decide if our generation is looked back on as psychopaths who thought it was okay to kill babies or progressives preserving the rights of women.

As for now it seems the mob has spoken

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Actually the mob was what was calling for defunding Planned Parenthood without a proper investigation having been conducted. The mob was overruled there. What has spoken is the evidence and investigations showing no wrong doing.

As for your point about abortion, Roe v. Wade happened in the 70's. The public at large hasn't regretted its decision there yet, so I wouldn't count on that changing. Plus there is the fact that abortion rates are lower in countries that have legalized abortions. So anyone who honestly wants to reduce abortions would know that making them illegal isn't the answer. Oh yeah, and the American abortion rate is at an all time low.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No one said anything about making them illegal (Well several have but I certainly didn't)

And I was talking about how we will be viewed throughout history. As someone who wants a history forum surely you realize 45 years is NOT a very long time at all.

Either way we're digressing - I think we agree the footage at it's core is dishonest and that alone hurts it's credibility to the point of being able to disregard it.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

History is still history, even if it happened during your lifetime. Though yes, we are in agreement about the videos being deceitful.

Another point to keep in mind, pro-choice != pro-abortion. There are many pro-choice people that would NEVER get an abortion because while they agree with the idea of someone having the choice to get abortions, they have made the personal choice not to get them.

The pro-life crowd likes to make the mistake of assuming that there aren't anyone in the pro-choice crowd that disapproves of abortions. That's not true. The pro-life people who make this mistake, should try to reach out to these people and work WITHIN the laws to get people to CHOOSE to not get abortions.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is just the liberal leftist elite trying to defame CMP! We must stand against PP and their barbaric practices lest the devil torture us for eternity in the depths of hell. The fires of the damned will consume us all and we shall be doomed.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
This is just the liberal leftist elite trying to defame CMP!

LOL! CMP didn't exist before their attempts to bring down PP, so they didn't have much of a name to "defame"!

We must stand against PP and their barbaric practices lest the devil torture us for eternity in the depths of hell.

Yeah, well, if the devil doesn't get us for one thing, he's bound to get us for something else! We'll all end up together in the end, so we might as well burn!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They only donate. If they did "sell" the parts for profit an investigation would be underway by now but there aren't any. Only people such as yourself want to believe this false narrative that the liars at CMP are pushing. Ironically CMP is under investigation.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

actually, I think many of more kind of both???
in that for many of us the idea that people should be going out and getting abortion after abortion because well, they just don't like babies enough to take on the responsibility for them isn't acceptable to too many people, but I think most would chose to if they were put into a circumstance where the alternative was too horrendous.

if we could find a middle ground along with a way to actually legislate it, well, I think most would accept it.
but well, recent legislation have produced some off the wall results simply because they aren't looking at the problem in the appropriate way.
and well, we also have the little issue of patient privacy and such and any balance legislation will kill that one won't it?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Who else is gonna hire the company? You, me, McDonalds? It's like saying someone is guilty because they hired a lawyer.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

All that's really left then is the issue of abortion itself.

And that's what his WHOLE fiasco is about - CMP was founded to fight abortion. They are speaking for "the mob" of anti-abortion activists who wish to remove the woman's rights to her body.

And this kind of speaks to David's question - Is there ANY other movement to legally force a law-abiding person to put their life at risk against their will? The only other situation I can think of is the military draft. How do people feel about that? Should people be legally forced to put their lives at risk?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's not the first time we'll see bulls**t from people - no matter the side of the fence on the issue one sits.

There needs to be a review of what's what...that's for sure.

For, or against - it's all bulls**t.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Kali74

This thread is pretty quiet for a PP thread, that's pretty telling.

SF.

*shrug* Tells me people are tired of all the bending over backwards libs are taking to defend PP and StemX. Why bother, it's more of the 'nothing to see here' vs 'do you want your baby scrambled or over easy'?

Isn't it sad that it's only the "libs" that defend the freedoms that were upheld by the supreme court? Perhaps it would be better to be knee-jerk reactionaries that want to choke out any freedoms they wish as long as they don't agree with it?

Conservatives defend freedoms upheld by the supreme court all the time. Progressives just happen to not like those freedoms and continue to attack them and try to destroy them. You know like the Second amendment.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If planned Parenthood is such an awesome multifaceted organization performing so many non abortion medical services then they should be able to subsist on private donations. We all know liberals are so fond of donating to worth causes that the money should be just pouring in to support PP. That being the case there is no constitutional basis for supporting private medical treatment with public tax money and all state and federal funding for PP should be ended. This abortion thing actually has no basis for my opinion on this matter. I also fully support removing federal funding for Dick pills and cosmetic surgery. Its not my job to pay for your medical treatment. I have a hard enough time paying for my own much less the substantial tax burden that is stolen from me every April 15th.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

yes fighting hard for the rights to have weapons they can use to protect the lives of themselves, their families, their possessions, their way of life.....
while fighting hard to prevent women from using a medical procedure to do the same.....

edit on 28-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join