It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A text I received.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Right. Not everyone should, but I'd also say not everyone shouldn't. Some folks are equipped to handle it, maybe even learn from it.

I take away from the video a new understanding of how important situational awareness is.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
a reply to: blupblup

Bye.

If I made a mistake I apologize. (a mistake made by 'highfromphoenix' is extremely unlikely.)

(nice vocabulary.)

You did make a mistake yes, apology accepted.
Maybe try and have a conversation next time, an intelligent back and forth where you read the responses and not attack people.

It's very frustrating to have someone make stuff up and call you a liar and be entirely antagonistic throughout.

As a member used to have in their profile.... I'm pleasant until provoked.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I watched the videos.
I have a morbid curiosity and I have a need to understand even the darkest of human nature.
I am not ashamed either.

It is a very sad and tragic incident though.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

I watched the videos.
I have a morbid curiosity and I have a need to understand even the darkest of human nature.
I am not ashamed either.

It is a very sad and tragic incident though.

Well at least you are honest.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For me, I think it is disrespectful to show an actual murder/suicide.
Cut to black before it happens and only allow sound for a short time as a way to let the observer knows that the video continues and this thing really happened.
Death should be more private and I feel is a violation of said person to publicly show the moment.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Since the NDAA was passed, allowing for propogandizing American people, how do we know this was reel? Also the Parker hear looks like th e Parker from S@ndy H00k...Robbie. And the dad comes on and looks like both of them. I'm not sayin it didnt happin. Im just wondering if its all that it seams.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I don’t think I’m better or worse than any person who watched the video.

With all due respect, all of your replies on this thread show the opposite. You seem very judgemental of what people choose to watch. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but remaining civil and polite is important on a forum - or any other social environment.

As for me, I rarely watch those videos. I haven't seen that ISIS one you mentioned. I have no gore/morbid curiosity.

I have, however, seen the videos from yesterday. Mostly because, while they were shocking, they were not graphic. But also because there was a lot of talk about it being fake and I wanted to be sure of what I thought before giving anyone my opinion on the matter.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Sometimes we are curious….but death should remain a mystery.

What you propose is sanitizing the world. I find that to be childish.
look at things, read, and hear things that make you uncomfortable. its just as much a part of life as laughter, sunshine, and everything else...and if you are exposed to the things that trigger you, when such events happen right in front of you, you may not be frozen with fear...able to change the outcome.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

I don’t think I’m better or worse than any person who watched the video.

With all due respect, all of your replies on this thread show the opposite. You seem very judgemental of what people choose to watch. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but remaining civil and polite is important on a forum - or any other social environment.

As for me, I rarely watch those videos. I haven't seen that ISIS one you mentioned. I have no gore/morbid curiosity.

I have, however, seen the videos from yesterday. Mostly because, while they were shocking, they were not graphic. But also because there was a lot of talk about it being fake and I wanted to be sure of what I thought before giving anyone my opinion on the matter.

You just said what I was going to say - the OP was very judgemental and came across very poorly in their responses.
I also viewed the videos for the same reason - to see if they were real/hoaxed and to examine the conspiracy angle.
There is no Gore or blood or graphic violence in the videos I saw but they were deeply unsettling, especially the FPS style of the murderers video.

I can't usually stomach this stuff and have no desire to seek out sick and graphic murder or snuff clips - but then I wouldn't judge and attack those that did either.

edit on 27-8-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Like you I have seen enough. Just reading about it was enough, I have no desire to watch the video.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I personally used to frequent ogrish a lot back in the day. Saw far far worse on there, AND just on the net in general since - them burning that guy was linked from some alternate news source.

but yeah, still shocking. you can see little splatters of blood right at the end of the camera mans view - not the pov one.

why does everything have to be a conspiracy for god sake. :/

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

When this story broke, I was on instagram and a channel had the shooting news snippet. It was just the reporting before the pops, and then the anchor woman apologizing. I saw that people were 'liking' this snippet and I honestly believe most don't understand the definition. Mind you, there are only two choices..., well technically three: 1. Like 2. Comment 3. Follow
It bothered me that people were liking this snippet so I commented in the thread saying, " 985 likes and counting, how can people 'like' this?"
I got several replies ranging from, "...I don't think people actually 'like' this..." or even "...I like this channel reporting this so I can be informed ".
Informed of what exactly!? It's a 15 second snippet at best!
One reply stated that 'liking' on instagram is 'second nature' to most, which is disturbing because I feel like it conditions and desensitizes people. The symbol they use for 'like' is a heart which of course is actually the symbol for love. Like and love are two separate feelings and are very different, but instagram makes them equal.
It just weirds me out that people can take very little information, shockingly violent even, and 'like' it....sorry, LOVE it to be honest.
Of course my inquiries we're quickly dismissed with exit replies like, "...ugh, forget it.."
Am I reading to much into it? Or being overly literal?
It was terrible what happened and I certainly grieve for the families and the 'likers'.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I believe watching this video or any other "isis" video if you are of age and mentally stable is a must! Ignorance is bliss but becoming aware and knowledgeable of certain situations gives you a better understanding of the world and the acts taking place.

Yes it changes you, and so it should!

Ive seen videos much worse of animal slaughter houses and the horrible deteriorating condition of Seaworlds animals ect.. and that changed me and im glad to be aware of the cruelties in the world.

As YOU can make actions against things like this happening!

"One small act of random kindness at a time" - GOD (morgan freeman playing GOD)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
did i watch the vid ???????

A - no

not because it offends // upsets me - but because BADUM..CHING ...............................i know whats going to happen

pictures // vids of dead bodies // deahs do nothing for me - either way

just my humble opinion - but in this specific case [ the shooting of the tv presenter and her camera man ]

the only people that NEED to watch it are the LEOs investigating the case

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yeesh...how high and mighty.

Do you know what integration is? Do you know what a whole person is? It is a person who lives in light, in balance and in harmony but also accepts and faces the dark as well. A person watching this video is not some disgusting and terrible person. I am not saying that just anyone should view a video like this...not at all

But why would you want to hide reality from people? Look..truly...I get it if you think it's horrific. I don't judge you for that. I don't necessarily even judge you for feeling how you do on the subject of morality and viewing a video like this. The problem I have is puritan views like this where we do nothing to help people know and understand evil is dangerous at best and horrific at worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join