It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops shut down Jerry Seinfelds charity lemonade stand

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I would have thought that someone as socially prominent as Jerry Seinfeld's wife would be savvy enough to have secured the proper permits, etc. before setting up a fundraising "Lemonade Stand".

Me too.

It may seem like harassment, but he is breaking a law.

OK, so its a lemonade stand. Seems innocent. But, then that would allow people selling other stuff. Stuff you may not want sold from your neighbor's front yard.

And the extra traffic, and extra kids maybe. Extra traffic and extra kids - - - not a good match.

Yeah because we hear about kids getting run over at lemonade stands all the time. Oh wait I have never heard of that.

ETA and how would having a permit make it any safer for the children?

Lots of kids get hit because of ice cream trucks.

Hey, lets put a bouncy house in the front yard and charge to use it.

Hey, pots legal - - - let's set up a pot stand.

Annoying as it can be, there is a reason for laws that require you to get a permit.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would have thought that someone as socially prominent as Jerry Seinfeld's wife would be savvy enough to have secured the proper permits, etc. before setting up a fundraising "Lemonade Stand".

Me too.

OK, so its a lemonade stand. Seems innocent. But, then that would allow people selling other stuff. Stuff you may not want sold from your neighbor's front yard.

And the extra traffic, and extra kids maybe. Extra traffic and extra kids - - - not a good match.

Yeah because we hear about kids getting run over at lemonade stands all the time. Oh wait I have never heard of that.

Annoying as it can be, there is a reason for laws that require you to get a permit.

That reason being the state or city or county need to get paid first. Do you really think it has to do with safety of the people?
edit on 27-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Isn't he a jew?

I'm German.

Lock him up.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
there is always a raionale for just one more law to enshrine someone's pet peeves into enforceable law. with 300 million losers most of which apparently can't mind thier own damned business is it any wonder you can't scratch your ass anymore without getting a summons? where did my freedom go? oh there it is.under 300 million idiot regulations.

and if it isn't busybodies its governemt greed.

do you really think getting a bad haircut is fatal? or that if someone gives bad cuts they will stay in business? does it really need a license and fees and so forth? after a bad barber ________________________ he pulls up his shingle and finds a new line of employment. no fees, regs or licenses required. why is there a license? a fee? power and revenue. hair grows back. freedom doesn't.
edit on 27-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

link   
Jerry is going to turn this event into an amazing comedy bit, i cant wait to hear it.

link   
I can't believe folk are using the 'breaking the law' crap...it will only take one of you to inadvertently/innocently/good intentionally/without malice 'break the law' to come up with any number of reasons why it's unfair/stupid...fame, or no fame - funny or not, permit or not - fundraising in and of itself can be a grand public nuisance - but get the permit, and it's legal to harass wherever you want - as long as 'daddy' gets some money out of it...ridiculous, puerile and niggardly...

Å99
edit on 27-8-2015 by akushla99 because: Correct

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
#RecycledLovesMatter
edit on 8/27/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wah.

Guess he'll have to stroke a check instead.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
With Seinfeld making over a billion dollars off of his comedy sitcom and investments, couldn't he just make a donation from his own funds. What idiocy of him.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Me too.

That reason being the state or city or county need to get paid first. Do you really think it has to do with safety of the people?

Yes, actually.

I come from an era where kids had lemonade stands every summer.

Then someone thought it was funny to put alcohol in the kids lemonade. Neighbors used to bake cookies and give them to the kids. Then someone baked cookies laced with poison.

"One bad apple". All people are not good.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
With Seinfeld making over a billion dollars off of his comedy sitcom and investments, couldn't he just make a donation from his own funds. What idiocy of him.

He probably does, just like most billionaires that realise there's only so many bills that line a coffin...it's not like he's raising money for himself, with a lemonade stand...

Å99

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Me too.

Yes, actually.

Then someone thought it was funny to put alcohol in the kids lemonade. Neighbors used to bake cookies and give them to the kids. Then someone baked cookies laced with poison.

they can still do any of that with a permit..

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Usually someone gets run over or sick/poisoned -- and the public demands the local government do something. This generally results in a permit being created.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Usually someone gets run over or sick/poisoned -- and the public demands the local government do something. This generally results in a permit being created.

...because a 'permit' will instantly stop this...using this line of reasoning, everyone should really need a permit to just walk down a city street...never know when you could randomly run out in traffic...

Å99
edit on 27-8-2015 by akushla99 because: Addd

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Me too.

Yes, actually.

And with a known permit, a health officer can visit and examine the product.

Laws come about for a reason. Someone doesn't sit at a desk thinking them up because they are bored.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

...because a 'permit' will instantly stop this...

Å99

I never said people are intelligent or rational. In large groups their intelligence seems to collectively drop.

Permits make it easier to hold people accountable for something that goes wrong, as information is gathered about the people applying for the permit. Sure, people can/do use false information but its still something rather than nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Me too.

Yes, actually.

And with a known permit, a health officer can visit and examine the product.

Laws come about for a reason. Someone doesn't sit a desk thinking them up because they are bored.

I know, right? I get the impression that A LOT of people think someone somewhere in a government office is constantly trying to figure out how to screw the people over and make lives worse, all because they hate themselves and are bored with life.

It's usually the people themselves that call upon the government to step in and do something. The very laws you all hate are asked for by your fellow citizens.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Boy, times have really changed. In my day, setting up a lemonade stand was part of being a kid. Heck, we ended up drinking most of the lemonade ourselves! We might of only made 75 cents for the day from the few customers we would get like the mailman or an occasional stranger walking down the street. Yet we sure had fun doing it and it helped us learn how to make change!

edit on 27-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

...because a 'permit' will instantly stop this...

Å99

I never said people are intelligent or rational. In large groups their intelligence seems to collectively drop.

Permits make it easier to hold people accountable for something that goes wrong, as information is gathered about the people applying for the permit. Sure, people can/do use false information but its still something rather than nothing.

That is the reasoning that gets used to employ people to process a percentage of vexatious litigation that needs the permits, personnel, offices, budgets, oversight of the administering body...etc. etc. etc...

Å99

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
I would complain about him being the most unfunny comedian to ever grace a stage or screen.

But not the lemonade stand.

Jude

Wow really? Seinfeld really grew on me.. Now I watch the reruns all the time..

The supporting cast made the show. Without them it would have bust IMO.

I tried many times to watch the show and I just couldn't get past his bad acting and whiny little voice.

Jude

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join