It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops shut down Jerry Seinfelds charity lemonade stand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Jerry Seinfeld and his family set up a lemonade stand to raise money for "loverecycled" a charity his wife started. Well Apparently a neighbor did not like it and called the cops, who then cam and shut down the lemonade stand.

Jerry and family posed for a pic trolling the cops and neighbor to instagram with the caption.

Lemonade dreams crushed by local neighbor but not before raising lots of money for @loverecycled. Thanks to all of our customers and big tippers!
thanks Xander and Jaden for crushing it today with Julian and Jerry.

I guess its good to know even rich people get harassed by the cops. I mean cmon A kids charity lemonade stand, who the hell would call and complain?

link

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I would complain about him being the most unfunny comedian to ever grace a stage or screen.

But not the lemonade stand.

Jude

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
I would complain about him being the most unfunny comedian to ever grace a stage or screen.

Jude

Wow really? Seinfeld really grew on me.. Now I watch the reruns all the time..

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
People need to mind their own business and let people do these sorts of things for the community.

It's ok and we feel good about ourselves when we give money to charities that pay their execs outrageous salaries, but people try to do something on a local level, like this, and we shut em down.

Idiots.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Guess he thought he was to important to get a permit..
This might be a stupid question but is a lemonade stand the best way for him to raise money for a charity?
He was/is a stand up comedian.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You're right, you'd think he could sign lemons and sell them easier, lol he could prolly even just draw pictures of lemons and sign that and still sell the paper for 5 bucks each...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I would have thought that someone as socially prominent as Jerry Seinfeld's wife would be savvy enough to have secured the proper permits, etc. before setting up a fundraising "Lemonade Stand".

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Jude

No TV network would run a 9 season sitcom if it isn't funny or successful. I guess millions of dollars he got paid for, for being unfunny would argue harshly with you...lo
edit on 27-8-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
double post
edit on 27-8-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I would have thought that someone as socially prominent as Jerry Seinfeld's wife would be savvy enough to have secured the proper permits, etc. before setting up a fundraising "Lemonade Stand".

That is the problem the fact that someone would have to go buy an effin permit to set up a lemonade stand is just stupid.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Jude

He IS the most successful unfunny comedian because he mastered the "Straight Man" character, allowing all his co-stars to carry the actually comedy. He just set them up with his normal, common sense, but quirky character.

edit on 27-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The difference with the rich is that this only happens when there's a complaint from another rich person, and they live to tell about it. Doing it by the book should be no imposition on somebody like him, but he didn't. If he was you or me and trying to make a living he'd be half dead in that photo. When I was out of work I had somebody try to citizens arrest me for putting people's snow chains on their cars for donations, and to a guy like me that probably would have stuck if he'd been in any condition to detain me.

So welcome to the small time rich boy, this is how the world works when you don't grease the wheels- if you didn't know it you're out of touch and if you did know it you're an arrogant prick.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How dare they make money that hasn't already been taxed for the 20 thousandth time! That's the governments money those kids are wasting and they should not be allowed to get away with it. /sarcasm

It's unreal that kids today, regardless of their background, can't learn first hand entrepreneurship unless they have the government's permission. There's a couple of lessons for them: You have to pay the government before you're allowed to work. You can't make money for yourself unless you make money for the government first.

edit on 8/27/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
people who think you should have to get a permit for a lemonade stand... why? it's traditionally been ok to do and the world never ended; for the hundred or more years it had been done without the gubmint becoming daddy and mommy.

have we really became such unamerican govt junkies that we need permission to do something so simple?

daddy gubmint please may i go potty? can i wipe my butt now? can i use more than three squares? do i have the govt's permission to continue respiration?
edit on 27-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
why are people so quick to judge? is it not possible that he was teaching his kids about charity, or grandkids, whatever...? it was a lemonade stand, most kids these days are too lazy to do even that... the law continues to be an ass.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm really surprised by some of the comments here.

Really?

It's ok to have to get a permit, for a flipping lemonade stand?

Absolutely stupid. As another poster said, How about people mind their own damn business, and not worry about what other people are doing, if it isn't hurting anyone?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

That is the problem the fact that someone would have to go buy an effin permit to set up a lemonade stand is just stupid.

It wasn't just a "Lemonade Stand" though. It was a FUNDRAISER for Jerry Seinfeld's wife's charity. Heck, even single family garage sales in my town require a permit.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Me too.

It may seem like harassment, but he is breaking a law.

OK, so its a lemonade stand. Seems innocent. But, then that would allow people selling other stuff. Stuff you may not want sold from your neighbor's front yard.

And the extra traffic, and extra kids maybe. Extra traffic and extra kids - - - not a good match.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Me too.

It may seem like harassment, but he is breaking a law.

OK, so its a lemonade stand. Seems innocent. But, then that would allow people selling other stuff. Stuff you may not want sold from your neighbor's front yard.

And the extra traffic, and extra kids maybe. Extra traffic and extra kids - - - not a good match.

Yeah because we hear about kids getting run over at lemonade stands all the time. Oh wait I have never heard of that.

ETA and how would having a permit make it any safer for the children?
edit on 27-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Here's the message that was sent to those kids: "This lemonade stand is operating without the necessary permits, all of you kids and your parents should be ashamed of yourselves" "Don't make us come back here for this sort of thing again - get the permits next time or we're shutting you schemers down even FASTER next time" "Comply or else" "Obey... Obey...." "Rarrrrr"
edit on 27-8-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join