It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Creationism? Show it to us.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

"Here's the science that supports my position!"

Source in question supports the total opposite to said position

"Science schmience!"

Another keen mind from the creationist camp, I see.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This thread clearly illustrates the idiotic mentality of religion.

Pig headed arguments, infantile statements and a constant diversion of the subject usually manifesting as derision of the factual scientific concept of evolution or just attacks and hostility designed to undermine the sane and scientific.

Childish passive/aggressive bull#. As usual.

Not one scrap of evidence of this creationist/ intelligent design nonsense presented in this thread by anyone. Just shows how laughable these people are. let's face it, you have to be a bit tapped in the head to believe that ridiculous 'God' hooey in the first place. We are not really dealing with geniuses here.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

"Here's the science that supports my position!"

Source in question supports the total opposite to said position

"Science schmience!"

Another keen mind from the creationist camp, I see.

Yeah, I tend to look at things from a real perspective, and I know and understand that science is not the end all be all and is far more about theory than proven fact. But I'm sure you know that too. I'm also sure that you know you cannot prove evolution any more than I can prove creationism. And yet, you just can't get enough of me, eh? Maybe you have a crush on me... like on the grade school playground where the boys are always meanest to the girls they like the most. That's okay. I know I'm awesome!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Um, yeah. So you gonna post up any evidence for creationism or keep dragging the thread off topic?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Um, yeah. So you gonna post up any evidence for creationism or keep dragging the thread off topic?

I already did... but you already know that, eh? You posted quite a few rebuttals in fact... you do remember that, right? You didn't like my evidence. You picked it apart in the most insulting ways possible, remember? So what is this continued harassment really about? Did you think your verbal abuse would make me cringe and do a complete 180? I don't think so. I'm going with you have a big crush on me and can't help yourself...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here are the answers you will get.

1. OMG DNA is like so totally complex and stuff!

2. OMG a solar eclipse lines up perfectly.

3. OMG the evidence is all around you.

4. OMG evolution is wrong but I won't address the evidence.

5. OMG fibanacci sequence is a common pattern, it must imply designer.

6. OMG if you believe in materialism or evolution that means you believe in nothing.

Not a single one of those things proves anything at all. It's funny how in the evolution evidence thread, the evidence was provided multiple times, but in this thread they resort to attacking the other side, attacking atheists and posting no evidence whatsoever as the topic demands. Too funny.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You posted "evidence" that completely refuted your position. You simply saw the word "eve" and then made up a load of BS that the source didn't say. THEN you went all "science schmience" when this was pointed out to you! LOL.

Ok, rephrase: you gonna post up any evidence for creationism that exists outside of your head?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

You forgot to add a picture of Saturn that someone was trying to use as evidence for creationism in another thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: GetHyped

No the OP asked for non-biblical evidence and I'm pointing towards mathematics and DNA coding...

How is a DNA coding study not scientific?
How is mathematics not scientific when most scientific principles are secured via mathematics?

Moving the goalposts will kill the thread, not give it life.

Post the proof. You can't just make a statement like that and assume people will take it at face value. Show the scientific study that proves DNA complexity points to a creator. It doesn't. You can't point to a creator without some kind of actual evidence for the creator. OMG DNA is complex doesn't say anything. It is evidence that DNA is complex. Prove that it is evidence for god / creationism. You are ASSUMING that the appearance of complexity in DNA means it was designed. That's an assumption, not actual evidence.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Soooooo... secular fundamentalists have to return the favor and stick their noses in other people's business? That fixes everything???

Yeah because creationists NEVER post threads here attacking science or butting in their business right? Hilarious how you ignore all that and go into this thread and claim it's just an attack. No sir, there is literally NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to suggest a creator or creation process. In the evolution evidence thread, evidence was provided and backed by scientific research. In this thread it's all just a bunch of people whining and complaining. People aren't saying your faith is wrong, they are just saying it is FAITH and by definition faith is not backed by objective evidence like the hundred thousand + published peer reviewed research papers on evolution. Do you disagree?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ok, rephrase: you gonna post up any evidence for creationism that exists outside of your head?

I posted what I posted and that's that. You don't like it. Okay. I haven't changed my mind and you sure aren't going to change my mind this way... so what's the point? What do you want from me? Oh! That's right... you must have a crush on me. That's so cute. You have actually inspired me to start a new thread... thank you!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes, I know what you posted. I also know that your "evidence" was none of the sort for your position. It even directly refuted your position! I also made this very clear to you by citing the pertinent sources that go against what you said.

It's not a matter of me "not liking it", it's a matter of your own source refuting your position. It's absolutely ludicrous of you to keep playing the "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man" gambit when presented with information that utterly refutes your argument.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I posted what I posted and that's that. You don't like it. Okay. I haven't changed my mind and you sure aren't going to change my mind this way... so what's the point? What do you want from me? Oh! That's right... you must have a crush on me. That's so cute. You have actually inspired me to start a new thread... thank you!

Then you are off topic. This thread is about evidence for creationism and you have not provided it. I don't know why creationists / science deniers NEVER address evidence for evolution and NEVER provide evidence for their own position. Intellectual dishonesty? You tell me.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Soooooo... secular fundamentalists have to return the favor and stick their noses in other people's business? That fixes everything???

Yeah because creationists NEVER post threads here attacking science or butting in their business right?

I would assume so, but I don't actually recall one, and I never said otherwise. I would not, however, ask the OP or you or anyone else to explain the motivations of someone else... Just like I would not ask the creationist posting such a thread to explain the the motivations of the OP or you or anyone else. The OP has chosen not to respond to my response/question.

Hilarious how you ignore all that and go into this thread and claim it's just an attack.

Hilarious? Good. Glad you got a good belly laugh. However, I directly responded to the OP, gave my perspective, and asked a question... I made no claims... and yet, every single response to me has been rude, insulting and... yes... an attack of one sort or another. It seems I got my answer, eh?

No sir, there is literally NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to suggest a creator or creation process.

Okay. Gotcha.

In the evolution evidence thread, evidence was provided and backed by scientific research.

I never saw that thread. I have not referred to it in any way. I am responding directly to the OP.

In this thread it's all just a bunch of people whining and complaining.

(Snicker)

People aren't saying your faith is wrong, they are just saying it is FAITH and by definition faith is not backed by objective evidence like the hundred thousand + published peer reviewed research papers on evolution. Do you disagree?

Nope, I don't disagree. Science has indeed spent much time and energy trying to prove evolution. Maybe one day they will.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

I never said creationism must not be taught.

Don't put words in my mouth, sis.

My apologies. You're right. You didn't say creationism must not be taught at all... just not in science class alongside evolution.

P.S. Make that "sis" not "bro"

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes, I know what you posted. I also know that your "evidence" was none of the sort for your position. It even directly refuted your position! I also made this very clear to you by citing the pertinent sources that go against what you said.

So you keep insisting. I also know that you don't want to have a reasonable discussion, you just want to pull my pigtails. If you had been at all reasonable -- and nice -- in any way, I would expand on my beliefs. But I see no good that can come from it, so I won't. And I don't have to. You're not the boss of me. But you do have a crush on me... just can't leave me alone!

It's not a matter of me "not liking it", it's a matter of your own source refuting your position. It's absolutely ludicrous of you to keep playing the "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man" gambit when presented with information that utterly refutes your argument.

I made the point that I wanted to make; you made the point you wanted to make. As I said, our words (and sources) will have to stand on their own merits.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I would assume so, but I don't actually recall one, and I never said otherwise. I would not, however, ask the OP or you or anyone else to explain the motivations of someone else... Just like I would not ask the creationist posting such a thread to explain the the motivations of the OP or you or anyone else. The OP has chosen not to respond to my response/question.

All you have to do is look at the top 10 threads in the section. There is one in particular called "Is there evidence for evolution?" and that is what inspired this thread. You provided a source that proved the opposite of your claim and this was clearly explained to you. It's not about motivations to believe. It's about the evidence. People aren't trying to butt in to your personal life, it's just that countless creationists on here claim their religion is fact, so naturally people are looking for the evidence.

I directly responded to the OP, gave my perspective, and asked a question... I made no claims... and yet, every single response to me has been rude, insulting and... yes... an attack of one sort or another. It seems I got my answer, eh?

The thread asked for evidence, not personal opinions. Either you have evidence or you don't. It's that simple.

People aren't saying your faith is wrong, they are just saying it is FAITH and by definition faith is not backed by objective evidence like the hundred thousand + published peer reviewed research papers on evolution. Do you disagree?

Nope, I don't disagree. Science has indeed spent much time and energy trying to prove evolution. Maybe one day they will.

Evolution as a process has been proven. Evolution as a theory has not, since theories use hypotheses to explain parts that aren't fully known. Theories in science are based on proven facts (ie evolution, gravity), but they are never 100% proven because the theories try to explain the facts and give the best possible picture. But yea, the point of the thread is that hard evidence for creationism doesn't exist. If you can dispute this, I'd be very interested, but if you aren't providing evidence you aren't technically addressing the topic here.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, it just gets old when folks constantly attack science and evolution, yet don't hold their own personal beliefs to the same standard and tell others that their worldview is fact. I'm not saying you have done this, but this is why the thread was created.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So you keep insisting. I also know that you don't want to have a reasonable discussion, you just want to pull my pigtails. If you had been at all reasonable -- and nice -- in any way, I would expand on my beliefs. But I see no good that can come from it, so I won't. And I don't have to. You're not the boss of me. But you do have a crush on me... just can't leave me alone!

I made the point that I wanted to make; you made the point you wanted to make. As I said, our words (and sources) will have to stand on their own merits.

I'm interested in your beliefs. In fact, I would be happy to debate you any time on the evidence for evolution.

Just in case you missed it, here's a link to a post I made earlier today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you can come up with 156,000+ research papers supporting Creationism.
Once again, I invite you to debate.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You seem to think that having your position utterly refuted by your own sources is a mere difference of opinions.

You seem to think that doubling down when your position is refuted constitutes a "discussion".

Don't be so ridiculous.

I tell you what: instead of continually dragging the thread off-topic, why don't you contribute to the "discussion" by posting some evidence to support your position?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What a troll. This question is fair enough and a good ATS topic, but Hyped, you came in here looking for an argument and someone to pick on. The two main contributors to this post on the side of intelligent design (Boadicea & CharlieSpeirs) have been very respectable and civil and honestly you've been nothing but a bully to them, trying to impose your opinion. And when they aren't accepted you throw a fit. It's been asked many times in this thread, what's it to you if these individual believe in a form of intelligent design? They aren't trying to cram it down your throat, so why are you doing exactly that all over this thread? Chill out "bro", it doesn't affect your life at all what these folks think, so maybe cut back on the attacks a little bit.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join