It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Creationism? Show it to us.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: TheChrome

Yes, you are scientifically illiterate, as evidenced by your consistent misunderstandings of easily graspable scientific concepts.

Care to state what falsifiable predictions creationism makes?

By that statement, you must work at McDonald's

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: edmc^2

Problem with evolutionist is their inability to see beyond the material. Hence you have no understanding (as said before) of the concept of INFINITY.

and you are once again leaning HEAVILY on the most anti-falsifiable concepts you know of. unfortunately, that which cannot be proven false also cannot be proven true.

equally unfortunately, you have again avoided my question.

But, I'll give it try for your sake.

If someone says something is INFINITE, therefore it has no BEGINNING and has no END. To say otherwise is to believe in fairy tales. I'm sure you don't believe in fairy tales. So what is it gonna be then?

Now here's a simple question for you? Are denying of the existence of INFINITY?

at this time, "infinity" is a purely theoretical concept. let me be clearer on that: infinity is an IDEA, nothing more. using one figment of imagination to defend another figment of imagination....hehe.

Idea or not - does INFINITY exist?

Simple Q.

In other words, if Space is bounded, where then is the Universe expanding to?

come - enough with philosophy of "falsifiable evidence". Stick with science.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ad hominems. Classy.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Ad hominems. Classy.

Ultimate hypocrisy claiming Ad hominems. Last I check, you claimed me to be scientifically illiterate, which is not the case since I have been loaded up on scientific education my entire life.

edit on 1-9-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

There is more evidence in favor of abiogenesis than there is of a creator entity or creation process.

more evidence in favor of abiogenesis, hah! You can't even explain the very foundation of abiogenesis. Now you're claiming there's "more evidence in favor of abiogenesis".

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: edmc^2
So again:

Is scientifically accurate to say that life can only come from pre-existing life?

Can this be reproduced/recreated in the lab?

The answer is obvious.

How a bout spontaneous generation of life from non-life?

The answer is obvious.

Yes, the answer is obvious. You obviously don't understand science. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence in science, so the answer to your first question is "No." There is more evidence in favor of abiogenesis than there is of a creator entity or creation process.

Also you are way behind the times. Nobody believes spontaneous generation, that has been long debunked. Abiogenesis is about how life can arise from basic inorganic components and parts of this have been done in a lab.

As to "Nobody believes spontaneous generation" - you're wrong. Absolutely completely wrong.

Spontaneous Generation (SG) = Abiogenesis. they are one and the same. Only slight difference is one is older than the other. You're just in denial because SG has been a disaster from the very beginning.

Here, let me show you:

biogenesis is the field of science dedicated to studying how life might have arisen for the first time on the primordial young Earth. Despite the enormous progress that has been made since the Miller-Urey experiment, abiogenesis is under constant attack from creationists, who continually claim that the origin of life by natural processes is so unlikely as to be, for all practical purposes, impossible. Following are some articles that challenge this claim and demonstrate the fundamental misconception at the core of the creationists' arguments.

www.talkorigins.org...

Link to SG

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The universe is 14 billion years old, something as smart as us at 13 billion years would be one billion years more evolved and experienced than us.

Something that was human a billion years ago would be godlike now.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am just curious if any evidence has been presented yet for creationism? It is 17 pages in and from the past few pages it looks like there has been zero evidence so far.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I am just curious if any evidence has been presented yet for creationism? It is 17 pages in and from the past few pages it looks like there has been zero evidence so far.

Creation will never be proven to atheists, since atheists will never accept the authenticity of the bible. Evolution will never be proven to creationists, since the evidence scientists provide are very flimsy. This subject should be dropped. I hold that the tie breaker is prophecy.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Aside from your opinion about if one thing or another is proven are you saying there has been no evidence presented for creationism?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Aside from your opinion about if one thing or another is proven are you saying there has been no evidence presented for creationism?

No. I think it is a fundamentally different viewpoint in which the gap cannot be overcome. I walk outside, I look at the trees, the grass, the flowers, and I see perfection and design. As an Engineer, I cannot design such perfect things. I think it is haughty, arrogant, and selfish of those who think life formed by chance. It is what it is.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Like I said "aside from your opinion".

I have seen the evidence for evolution, I have seen the evidence for abiogenesis, but what I haven't seen is evidence for creationism.

I am not planing to argue for one over another because that isn't what the thread is about. I was wanting to know if any evidence had been presented for creationism and it seems there hasn't been any. That is an indicator.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I did not read the entire thread so I apologize if this has already been said.

Religion is faith based. Physical evidence undermines the founding principle of religion. What good is a faith based religion if God walks down the street handing out business cards? Of course it would be hard to deny and probably just about everyone would believe. But there would be no value in the belief and certainly no faith.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

There are many observations made of blue whales mating. Simple google will give you vid clips.

Any luck with those 'vid clips' then?

Or is the above just another empty claim, typical of a Creationist?

Are you beginning to understand what 'falsifiable evidence' means? It doesn't mean 'seeing it happen before my eyes.'

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Creation will never be proven to atheists, since atheists will never accept the authenticity of the bible.

That's not how it works. If there are some evidence for Creation then we will listen and analyze.

Evolution will never be proven to creationists, since the evidence scientists provide are very flimsy.

Wrong. They will not admit that they might be wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Creation will never be proven to atheists, since atheists will never accept the authenticity of the bible.

That's not how it works. If there are some evidence for Creation then we will listen and analyze.

Evolution will never be proven to creationists, since the evidence scientists provide are very flimsy.

Wrong. They will not admit that they might be wrong.

You are correct, since a lot of scientists who are a part of my faith used to be atheists. They realized through research, evolution is wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

They realized through research, evolution is wrong.

Share that research then. Don't withhold anything. Let us see the evidence.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Even the sun orbits around the barycentre. It's just within the area of the sun. Again, whatever.

The barycenter's path for the solar system would be complex because of the 9 planets tugging the sun. Yes I said 9 because I think Pluto is a planet. LOL just kidding. It wouldn't count towards the barycenter anyway.

Thought I'd share. It's so interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

There are many observations made of blue whales mating. Simple google will give you vid clips.

Any luck with those 'vid clips' then?

Or is the above just another empty claim, typical of a Creationist?

Are you beginning to understand what 'falsifiable evidence' means? It doesn't mean 'seeing it happen before my eyes.'

gee - I just typed in the Google / Bing search bar the words "blue whale mating in the wild" viola:

here u go:
www.bing.com...=detail&mid=813CE0E17B2EED68552D813CE0E17B2EED68552D

There's also this:

There's also this:

Animal Sex: How Blue Whales Do It

The blue whale is the largest animal known to ever live on Earth, weighing in at 330,000 pounds (150,000 kilograms) and stretching up to 108 feet (33 meters). Despite the whale's size, scientists have trouble locating and studying the cetacean in the vastness of the ocean, leaving many questions about the mammal's life history, particularly its mating and courtship behaviors.

Blue whales (Balaenoptera musculus) are found worldwide, with different regional populations forming distinct subspecies. Scientists believe they reach sexual maturity between 5 and 15 years of age, and have a gestation period that lasts 10 to 12 months. Mating and birthing take place during the winter, though the animals don't appear to have a set breeding ground, said Richard Sears, a cetacean researcher with the Mingan Island Cetacean Study.

Unlike other baleen whales, or those whales that use so-called baleen plates to filter tiny bits of food from seawater, blue whales typically travel alone. But in late July and early August, they begin to form pairs, where a male will follow a female around for weeks on end. "I think this pairing up is sort of like dating," Sears told LiveScience, adding that sex between the couple isn't a foregone conclusion. [See Stunning Photos of Whales]

www.livescience.com...

enjoy.

Still at it with your philosophical argument?

edit on 1-9-2015 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Fix your video please.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join