It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'It's Now Or Never,' Texted Teen Charged In Boyfriend's Suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

she started a go fund me page to reap benefits?? sorry she deserves no mercy

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

She did not murder him. You are basing your opinion on emotion and that's not how the law works. Words mean things. She did not murder this boy.

I'd say that she murdered him. Would he have committed suicide at that point if she wasn't involved? Murder is the killing of an individual, killing is "the act of causing death".

The argument in court will be about his state of mind and her influence on him at the time. The most damning part on her end is that she got him to go back in the truck after he didnt want to go through with it.

Who knows what the prosecutors will go for though, hopefully they go as far as they can to set an example of her.

Ghost.

Edit: I see that they went for involuntary manslaughter.
edit on 27-8-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I was curious about this statement...

In a September text message to her friend, Carter admitted knowing about Roy's suicide and saying she participated in helping because "I couldn't have him live the way he was living anymore."

...so after doing a little digging, it seems this young man suffered from depression.

Janice Roy told CBS affiliate WBZ that despite her grandson’s long struggle with depression, she believes he could have been persuaded to not follow through with his suicide plan.

This poor guy did not need any encouragement to die. What he needed was encouragement to live.
Wash Post Article

no. not a little digging. just reading the damn article.

i'm far, far more disgusted by the overall crap almost everyone is writing in this thread, than by what she did.

she didn't do good, that's for sure. she should have helped him to fight with his problems.

still, she thought she's helping him. perhaps he was so stubborn she saw no other way. they're saying he had doubts - at the last moment, and that should ring a bell for her, that there's hope. still, we have no idea how long he has been planning to kill himself. how dramatic his personal situation was. we know nothing about him, other than he had big trouble living his life and that he wanted to kill himself.

so who are you, people, to judge?

she's stupid and she has mental problems. that much is obvious. still, she needs a doctor, not a jail.

she didn't kill him. he killed himself. sure, it was a combination of mental problems and stupidity of them both that lead to such tragedy, but it's unlikely she talked him into it with bad intentions, no matter how crazy that may sound.

he could be throwing all his problems and pain at her, and there's probably only so much she could handle. her condition at the time of those messages was probably heavily influenced by him - heck, probably much earlier already.

so to all you people throwing crap at her, throw it at yourself first.

and don't forget that media loves drama and scapegoats - do you really think they didn't choose that photo on purpose?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oh, wow. And I thought my exes were bad.

...I mean, they were, but...

Honestly, this is not as different as having a cult and convincing them all to drink the Kool-Aid. This girl just started small, I guess, but give her a few more years and, yeah...

What a cold, terrible person. That boy needed (real) help, someone to support him. He was obviously very vulnerable.

In the interest of full disclosure: I'm completely okay with suicide. If someone wants to end their life, it's their choice. I know that's a very unpopular opinion.

But that's not what happened here. He was HESITANT. She pretty much... "peer pressured"/"bullied" him into doing it.

This is a mess.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

she started a go fund me page to reap benefits??

Are you asking me? I have no knowledge of a GoFundMe page.

sorry she deserves no mercy

I guess that's for each person to decide. I have mercy on a LOT of people. SHE was in a mental health facility when this started... I tend to have mercy for mentally ill people.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
I'd say that she murdered him.

OK.

Would he have committed suicide at that point if she wasn't involved?

We can't know that. He was the one who said he was going to commit suicide. She asked him to join her at the mental health facility that she was in. He refused and suggested they commit suicide together. She refused.

In court, Carter’s attorney, Joseph Cataldo, said Carter, also 18, told Roy to get help and urged him not to kill himself in text messages throughout last June — the month before Roy died. Carter told Roy to come to McLean Hospital, where she was getting psychiatric treatment, but Roy said he had already decided to end his life, her attorney said.

Source

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster
To put things in perspective, if I am driving down the road and see a driver crash, then I slow down and notice that he is injured, I can be arrested for failure to render assistance in some states.
I don't know the person (it may have even been a drunk driver) nor did I cause them to injure themselves.

So if I were to witness a crash and stand there and watch a person slowly bleed out... (and all I have to do is put some pressure on a wound after dialing 911).... What kind of person does that make me?

All this woman had to do was tell him... "Don't do it. Don't get back in the car!" and dial 911.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
All this woman had to do was tell him... "Don't do it. Don't get back in the car!" and dial 911.

Even if SHE was mentally ill, too?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

to put things in perspective, if you would be a disabled person, or better - mentally ill (just like she probably is) - the picture would be much different.

besides, how do you know if she wasn't mentally abused by him?

you don't.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My kind of woman!

Why do they always have to make them look the worst after booking?

Looks pretty cute in all the rest of her pics.

Might have to write her a bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

My kind of woman!

Why do they always have to make them look the worst after booking?

Looks pretty cute in all the rest of her pics.

Might have to write her a bit.

Like I said, the day is still young. I don't think anyone can top ^this^ asinine statement.

Why she was in the hospital is yet to be known, as is it's credence to how this affected her influence over him. But that doesn't equate to her only receiving help and no jail time, irrelevant of the reason she was in the hospital.
edit on 27-8-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Your right..I am being a bit dramatic with "no mercy"..I don't know what you do with a sociopath or potential psychopath though, I don't beieve you can cure it and it's not illegal till the line is crossed as it was here.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

to put things in perspective, if you would be a disabled person, or better - mentally ill (just like she probably is) - the picture would be much different.

you don't.

I have yet to see this woman use that as a defense here.
But I have posted where she texted this to a friend of hers:

"Like, honestly I could have stopped it," Carter said in a text to her friend months after Roy's death. "I was the one on the phone with him and he got out of the car because [the carbon monoxide] was working and he got scared. I #en [sic] told him to get back in."

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Every time I hear anything more about this god awful story, I feel sick to my stomach, and I feel compelled to personally find this kid and choke her to death. I won't but thats the type of anger and rage this crap fills me with.

Here I spent my whole childhood, my whole highschool career, my whole life as a young adult, talking to my friends, and my little siblings friends, and people I never even freaking met, for hours on end, trying to comfort them, and pursuade them away from the road of self harm... and there are little *Insert every terrible derrogatory name you can think of here please* running around, giggling and undoing all of my freaking work. That is how I feel. I feel like if there is one girl like this, there is a million, and they are all out there trying to get my friends, and acquaintances to kill themselves.

Pisses me right off, I can't even make a coherent response because I'm so filled with emotion and anger. &$%#%@#*#&@^@%^@%#&^#&^#&@&^@

-Alee

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
What an absolutely, no holds barred, disgusting individual.

Sitting in court wearing that dumb arsed "duck face" Snooki made so popular looking like she can't be arsed to remotely spare a care.

Unreal. I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore.

Unfortunately I am wavering on whether she should be charged or not. Slippery slopes and all that junk. Street justice? This just angers me.

I didn't notice the duck face. I think I was to distracted with the fivehead she's wearing around. Must be embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Even if SHE was mentally ill, too?

IF.
A lot of people think that the Aurora movie theater shooter was mentally ill too..... (including me), yet that was not allowed in court for a defense.
edit on b000000312015-08-27T12:19:55-05:0012America/ChicagoThu, 27 Aug 2015 12:19:55 -05001200000015 by butcherguy because: i spelled shooter wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

A lot of people think that the Aurora movie theater hooter was mentally ill too..... (including me), yet that was not allowed in court for a defense.

She was in a mental health hospital. I don't expect that to be used as a defense. And I don't think it should be. She did what she did. However, I don't have enough information to form a conclusion.

Too many people jump to conclusions before having all the information. People are ready to KILL this girl and we don't even know why she was in the hospital or what her mental health problems are.

Jump on the bandwagon if you must, but I won't join you until I have more information.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Jump on the bandwagon if you must, but I won't join you until I have more information.

I certainly don't wish her dead.
But I think that she is a sick individual, whether it is an actual mental health issue or not. I am of the opinion that the courts need to decide such things.
My small opinion won't decide her fate.
I hope that if she a true mental case (I held off on calling her a whackadoodle) that she gets help and doesn't ever allow someone else to harm themselves without doing the right thing ever again.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

you don't.

I have yet to see this woman use that as a defense here.
But I have posted where she texted this to a friend of hers:

"Like, honestly I could have stopped it," Carter said in a text to her friend months after Roy's death. "I was the one on the phone with him and he got out of the car because [the carbon monoxide] was working and he got scared. I #en [sic] told him to get back in."

"months after"

it's easier to realize what one has done when months have passed. especially in case of mental sickness.

sometimes good people do bad things, sometimes bad people do good things. i don't believe she's a bad person, just terribly lost - and he took advantage of that.

or did you miss the post saying that he wanted her to kill herself with him? what kind of person comes up with such an idea?

i'll tell you what kind of person. much more sick and disgusting than what you're all considering her to be.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I certainly don't wish her dead.

I know you don't. I didn't mean to imply that you did.

I just see people having to "take a side" right away and it's just indicative of the team mentality that I think is destroying this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join