It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'It's Now Or Never,' Texted Teen Charged In Boyfriend's Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Must be the same POS.

Sorry I didn't read your source to find out Spider, these things piss me off.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was curious about this statement...

In a September text message to her friend, Carter admitted knowing about Roy's suicide and saying she participated in helping because "I couldn't have him live the way he was living anymore."

...so after doing a little digging, it seems this young man suffered from depression.

Janice Roy told CBS affiliate WBZ that despite her grandson’s long struggle with depression, she believes he could have been persuaded to not follow through with his suicide plan.

This poor guy did not need any encouragement to die. What he needed was encouragement to live.
Wash Post Article

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What an absolutely, no holds barred, disgusting individual.

Sitting in court wearing that dumb arsed "duck face" Snooki made so popular looking like she can't be arsed to remotely spare a care.

Unreal. I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore.

Unfortunately I am wavering on whether she should be charged or not. Slippery slopes and all that junk. Street justice? This just angers me.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
From the article, since she provided him with information on methods of how-to kill himself. Involuntary manslaughter doesn't apply - she's an accessory to 1st degree murder and needs to be charged as such.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

HE did this. Regardless what she said to him, HE chose to do what he did. He committed suicide.

In that case, perhaps there is help for her. If she's mentally ill, she needs help, not incarceration.

That is the most asinine comment I've read today, but the day is still young.

Everything she did up until this guy's suicide was meditated. Reading the article reminded me of a serial killer with the exception that she used manipulation tactics to kill instead of a weapon. The guy even got out of the vehicle because he didn't want to go thru with it and she told him to get back in.

This is one cold hearted bitch, not a girl that "needs help, not incarceration". The one who needed help was the guy who was suicidal and not in his right state of mind.

Ghost

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks for doing that digging. I was wondering about that statement, too.

And a thought occurred to me. (and this is just hypothetical - I'm not the suicide type.)

I believe in death with dignity. And I believe this is MY life. If I wanted to stop it, for whatever reason I feel is valid, it's MY business and no one else's, certainly not the law's. If I really wanted to end my life, I would consult with my husband to get his thoughts and to ask for his help.

If I got cancer again and didn't want to fight it with chemo and radiation, etc., I could possibly decide to commit suicide, being of sound mind. If my husband helped me, out of love, should he go to prison? I don't think so. He probably would, though.

But that's different from someone with a mental illness (depression) deciding on suicide.

She should be punished, but I don't have an answer to "how".

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Is it just me or does this girl look like Wednesday Adams?
Maybe she's been teased her whole life and found a puppet willing to dance to her tune.
She's evil and said things but none of those are crimes.
This is just pushing the frontiers for crimes they can charge anyone with for things said on the web.
No charges, just let her stew in the satisfaction that her encouragement helped a young man decide to take his own life.
He did it and wanted to or she could have never "talked him in to it".
KnowwhaddImean?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
That is the most asinine comment I've read today, but the day is still young.

Hey, I'm sharing my thoughts, which are based on LOGIC, not EMOTION. If you're offended, that's your problem, not mine.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We can both agree on that last line. As I said above I have no clue on the punishment either.

My knee jerk reaction is obviously different than (probably) the correct action. It's a tragic situation all the way around.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There must have been something in that kids life for him to even consider suicide. Perhaps that's where the blame lies.

But anyone that would encourage someone to kill themselves rather than help and support, is a monster.

imo this whole deal is just another indication of how sick and twisted American culture has become.
edit on 27-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

And here we have some more slippery slope. While what this girl said is horrible, it shouldn't be a chargeable offense(IMO).

I've told plenty of people to FOAD(F### off and die), go eat a bullet, jump off the nearest bridge, etc. Should I be charged if they actually did it?

Again, this is a horrible tragedy and the young lady goading him on is a ------ (Can't even type what I want to call her). But the kid took his own life and is responsible for his actions.

Yea biatch cant be blamed, boy had depression, she didn't believe he's gonna do it, greased a little bit, world is a bad place, no charges needed, manslaughter? wth?
Sad story all around.
edit on 27-8-2015 by UnHealtyArrogance because: quoting problems

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Butcherguy I am just stumped for an apparent cultural shift of a girl you met once in person is now your girlfriend the love of literally your life ONLINE!!.

No doubt, our world in this digital age is VERY weird.
Too many are able to live their lives through a LCD screen today.
It is scary to think about what social life will become in another 10 or 20 years!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UnHealtyArrogance

Yea biatch cant be blamed, boy had depression, she didn't believe he's gonna do it, greased a little bit, world is a bad place, no charges needed, manslaughter? wth?

Might want to read the article at Huffington again. She admits to friends via text messages... well after the suicide happened, that she was to blame.

"Like, honestly I could have stopped it," Carter said in a text to her friend months after Roy's death. "I was the one on the phone with him and he got out of the car because [the carbon monoxide] was working and he got scared. I #en [sic] told him to get back in."

HuffPost

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hey, I'm sharing my thoughts, which are based on LOGIC, not EMOTION. If you're offended, that's your problem, not mine.

I'm not offended in the least, just in awe of how ignorant people can be in regards to depression and suicide as the result.

Depression is a complicated issue for many men. Nearly 80% of suicides are carried out by men.

Someone who is depressed is not in their right state of mind. They are in need of help, support, and understanding. Not encouragement, or others opinions for "suicide rights" and not a sadistic woman who takes advantage of a vulnerable young man to fulfill some disturbing fantasy of hers.

I hope she receives jail time equivalent to premeditated murder, because that is what she did.

Ghost

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I believe in death with dignity. And I believe this is MY life. If I wanted to stop it, for whatever reason I feel is valid, it's MY business and no one else's, certainly not the law's. If I really wanted to end my life, I would consult with my husband to get his thoughts and to ask for his help.

Agreed!

If I got cancer again and didn't want to fight it with chemo and radiation, etc., I could possibly decide to commit suicide, being of sound mind. If my husband helped me, out of love, should he go to prison? I don't think so. He probably would, though.

No. He shouldn't. I think in time, the laws are going to change, to at least some degree. More and more people are voicing a similar opinion to our own.

But that's different from someone with a mental illness (depression) deciding on suicide.

She should be punished, but I don't have an answer to "how".

None of us truly knows the intimate details of this case. I had to dig to find out he was a long term sufferer of depression. Still don't know what kind of depression. It's obvious he had been thinking about this for some time, like many who have depression(Robin Williams). But it seems to me his reluctance to actually do it was a cry for help. He was saying, "I don't want to do this. Somebody help me. Somebody give me a reason not to." This girl was in a unique position to do that, and didn't. She's going to have to live with that, and the exposure she will now suffer. Incarcerating her will be useless in my opinion. She needs counseling(long term), and she needs to truly comprehend the severity of her actions. Unless she is psychopathic, this will weigh heavily on her in time.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
I'm not offended in the least, just in awe of how ignorant people can be in regards to depression and suicide as the result.

You would be HIGHLY mistaken to think I am ignorant about depression. Making assumptions is a dangerous (and dare I say, ignorant) thing to do.

Someone who is depressed is not in their right state of mind.

Here's my comment: "But that's different from someone with a mental illness (depression) deciding on suicide." Perhaps you should have read my whole post.

I hope she receives jail time equivalent to premeditated murder, because that is what she did.

She did not murder him. You are basing your opinion on emotion and that's not how the law works. Words mean things. She did not murder this boy.

And I'm not defending what she did in ANY way. It was morally wrong, IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I suggest this is not a whole lot different than 2 people conspiring to commit murder, this disgusting little sociopath(at best) needs to face serious consequences, she expressed her frustration that he might back out, lets remember Charles Manson is doing life without killing anyone personally.
Oh I see she started a gofundme page to financially gain from it..sorry jail for life..thats it.
edit on 27-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
None of us truly knows the intimate details of this case.

Exactly. And I think that's an important issue some seem to be missing. I do hope there's a trial and all the facts come out. I don't think this girl is innocent of all wrongdoing, but I need more info before I feel comfortable forming an opinion about her punishment.

He was definitely crying for help and she encouraged him. It's disgusting.

She's going to have to live with that, and the exposure she will now suffer. Incarcerating her will be useless in my opinion. She needs counseling(long term), and she needs to truly comprehend the severity of her actions. Unless she is psychopathic, this will weigh heavily on her in time.

Agreed. And if she is also mentally ill, she needs help as much as he did.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
it's possibke the guy emotionally latched on to her and started calling her his girlfriend. then he started saying he was goingbto kill himself to get more attention from her. she got annoyed and given enough time started saying. you always say you're going to kill yourself. enough already. fine kill yourself but stop going back and forth about it looking for attention. you're psycho. and cause he's psycho he did do it.

personally I don't think the charges will hold up. if I were her I'd sue. for multiple things. you can't blame someone else because you chose to take your own life that's on you. if I told somebody to go take a long walk off a short pier and they did I'm not guilty of anything other than being a jerk. a jerk that may have been provoked into being a jerk by somebody harassing me.

this would set a new precident in idiocracy by law enforcement and let's face it. law enforcement in general and the court's are at a all time low intellectually these days.

everybodies looking for someone to blame these days. the PC Ness of it all is getting out of hand.
edit on 27-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wait, wait - so when the young transgender person killed herself by walking in front of a truck, most of you said that we can't blame the bullies or her parents, that she was weak,and just needed to "suck it up" and get over it. Are you now saying that school bullies should face jail time whenever a kid kills him/her self? Remember, a lot of those bullies actually encourage their victims to do the world a favor and off themselves.

I don't like this girl at all, but I don't like bullies period. At least, she had the pretense of being on his side and supporting him to end his suffering. She was wrong, but jail time is not appropriate for this, imo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join