It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is KILLING the Republican chances for Presidency

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The Republican party has some serious issues. Their main issue is they are showing themselves more and more to be Democrat Lite and not for the American people. Like the Democrats they are in it only when votes and power are at stake. The Republicans depend, like the Democrats, on the public being dumb and emotional and not thinking for themselves.

So too the media shilling and pimping for both political parties. As far as I am concerned..both parties are phonies and area interested in votes and power..not representing the American people. The American people come in last place when it comes to power and control over their lives and monies. So too the media shilling for both parties.

While I am not Trump follower and am dubious about him running for office I can detect that what Trump has done is verily expose the Republican party for the weak minded Hegelian dialectic manipulators that they are. In short Trump has rocked the status quo in the Republican Party. And it needs to be rocked.

The Repubicans are to me Phony Conservatives...Counterfeit Conservatives..made to look like Conservatives on the outside...but not conservatives when the rubber meets the road. They need to be rocked to their foundations.

But I don't put stock in Trump to go the distance on that. I like some of what he says and how he puts the Republicans in a bind...and on the spot...but going the distance..I am not sure on that one.

I put no more confidence in the Democrats..for their stock in trade is to obviously ruin the economy by putting more and more people and businesses on the public dole...thus inflating the dollar to worthlessness. And the Republicans are helping on this by their silence on how it is being done. They cannot be ignorant of how it is being done.
This was predicted by some over 40 years ago...that our nation would go this route with the blessings of even the phony Republicans. This by people who were close followers of monetary history.

Both phony political parties do not want a third political party which they do not themselves control. If they control it in secret they will allow it. History bears this out too.

More Bread and Circuses to follow.

One more important thing about both phony political parties.

There is in existence ..a majority of Americans who are catching on ..but have no voice in this rigged system. Their views will not be allowed or even heard by even the famed and phony Fox/Faux News Network.

These people do not want to get up every morning and the most important item on their rigged agenda is ...whether a person they have to deal with is black or white...or this race or that....male or female...gay or straight...gendered or transgendered...or whatever pabulum they are operating on next.
These people do not want to join that Herd mentality of the phony political parties.

They want to transact their private business and go home..not to be made to feel guilty or as if they have created some offense or moral/ethical trespass in going about their daily business...their private business.

They are becoming disgusted by this template being pimped out onto their shoulders by government ..by education ..by the media and all the other shills and pimps so visible today...by both political parties.
They do not want to go through their days feeling guilty for the latest cause celeb. They do not want to live this way and are voting against this rigged system..and are communicating thus through mostly the web...for they find no voice in the bulk of the media or government.

This is part of Trumps appeal...for shooting from the hip..though I do not have full confidence in him or his abilities. People recognize this about him..not PC. They are becoming disgusted with PC. And he is the only one speaking thusly.
In doing this..not PC..he is putting the Republican Party verily on the spot. And this needs to be done.
This way the Hegelian Dialectic of both parties can be exposed for the phonies they are.

My .02,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Menocchio
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Republican Party has always been a disgusting front for the insanely wealthy and the corporations. The Democratic Party was a bit better up until the New Left, when it suddenly threw away the working class and white middle class and decided instead to create a bizarre coalition of rich chic whites, minorities, and illegal immigrants who feel they are entitled to citizenship simply because they step on American soil. At this point, I don't care if either party collapses. They both exist only to serve the interests of the elite.

While I agree that political parties exist to serve the rich from all ends of the political spectrum, I'd have to disagree about your claim about the Republican party. Republicans used to be a party of liberals during Civil War times. Though, naturally, they still served the wealthy. Just liberal wealthy.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hey, I said OGs not presidents. And since your asking, I will dig up the info for ya.

Detested is a pretty strong word I wouldn't go that far and I'll recant using that word but they didn't approve of them, political parties were seen more as divide and conquer. They would go further in exploiting difference then bringing folks together.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Well if you are trying to be specific while using the slang acronym, "OGs", then that means original gangsters. So who cares what a gangster thinks?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Who are the people that even like Trump?

Oh right, white conservatives and some independents maybe.

The group he's turning off are basically anyone who isn't white. Mostly the Hispanics who are now the largest minority in America.

And Trump is only leading on the Republican ticket. The person who is leading overall is still Hillary. Why would he run against someone who he has given thousands of dollars too? If not to get the Republican vote split by running 3rd party so the Democrat can take home the election?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

People cared during Prohibition, then there's Vegas, and then there are the Feds that enforce the Rico Act.

But what do the opinions of antiquated theorists amount to eh? Old fuddy duddies.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Yes, but the people who cared had unfavorable opinions about THEIR opinions. We are also getting away from your original point here.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
a reply to: whyamIhere

Who are the people that even like Trump?

Oh right, white conservatives and some independents maybe.

The group he's turning off are basically anyone who isn't white. Mostly the Hispanics who are now the largest minority in America.

And Trump is only leading on the Republican ticket. The person who is leading overall is still Hillary. Why would he run against someone who he has given thousands of dollars too? If not to get the Republican vote split by running 3rd party so the Democrat can take home the election?

Only white people like Trump...Wait, only white men ?

Rich people give to both sides. I ask a rich banker friend one time.

Why do you donate to both Political Parties ?

He looked at me and said...

"Well, if you know who is going to win. I could sure save a lot of money".

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TonyS

Why? Because competition keeps things fresh. Without political competition things stagnate and never improve. There really ARE ideals that are good conservative ideas that make sense and that I can agree with.

I don't want to see the destruction of the Republican party because that would be a bad thing. I want to see the Republicans realize that they are backing the wrong horse and come back from the brink. Gone are the days where we could all complain about each party being two sides to the same coin with little differences between the two parties. The Republicans are on a completely different level at this point, and it's not a good thing. They achieved separation in the wrong direction.

ETA: We need more political parties. Not less.

I wish I could give you a gazillion stars for this post. You have summed up my thoughts exactly. Political competition is crucial fort a healthy, functional form of government. A one party state is basically what Communists and Fascists crave.

I see the current political predicament similar to observing two mentally ill people in an asylum.

The Democrats/left wing, liberals are represented by an extremely anxious, obsessive-compulsive, nail biting, everything-phobic hypochondriac twerp shuffling about in the day room, obsessively organizing all the books, furniture, and games into an order that they want, regardless of whether or not other people like this arrangement. They are annoying as hell, difficult to live with should you prefer to arrange your stuff different, are nosy as hell and like to interject their opinion of every minute detail in your life, whether you want to hear it or not. However, for the most part, they are functional at a very basic level. They do live in the same state of reality as the rest of us. They just have a rather warped view of reality they want everyone else to conform to, or be ostracized.

The Republicans/right wing/conservatives, on the other hand, are represented by the bi-polar paranoid schizophrenic drooling lunatic who is climbing the walls and screaming about bugs and aliens crawling around in his bowels. He violently attacks staff and other mental patients, walks around masturbating obsessively in the open while he is receiving messages and visions from God. Depending on mood, he is either flinging his feces at other people, or eating it himself, or using it to scrawl nonsensical gibberish all over the walls. He can attack unprovoked, has attempted cannibalism on other people, and believes the world is run by evil time traveling warlocks from the year 2218. He in no way, shape, or form lives in the same reality as the rest of us. He can't function at as basic level. He doesn't eat normal food, bathe, get dressed in normal clothes without assistance. In fact, he is so far out of touch with reality that he is dangerous to himself and others.

So, lucky you, you are patient number 3, checking in, with severe depression aggravated by a recent loss of job, family, home, and social network. There are two open beds left in the ward, and you get to choose your roommate: The OCD paranoid-of-chaos-and-germs hypochondriac twerp, or the completely deranged psychotic cannibal-in-the-making who hears voices from God telling him to shove forks up his nose?

Given the choice, I'm gonna go with OCD loony/Democrat number 1. Because at worst, I will wake up with all my belongings arranged to my roommate's liking and not mine, and find out my roommate has already filled out my meal selection form to a diet that is bland, inoffensive, and sanitized. With roommate number two/Hannibal Lector/Republican, I could wake up to find all my belongings destroyed and covered in excrement, with my roommate on top of me trying to rip my throat out with his bare teeth. He has eaten my meal selection form and scrawled death threats in my own blood all over the walls, and believes the KGB and Satanists have recruited me to keep tabs on him.

That is basically how I, and millions of other people, see our current choices. Ideally, we would not be locked in an asylum for merely being understandably depressed, with forced to choose between rooming with a severe neurotic or a dangerous psychotic. Ideally, we would be able instead, to receive help and therapy from normal sane, rational, compassionate healthcare professionals who would be helping us work through our problems so that we could once again rebuild our lives and function well with others.

However, we the broken-life depressives, are being forced into the asylum with people whose decision making skills are questionable at best, and being forced to choose between two psychologically unstable people to live with. Me, personally, I always vote to sleep in the day room and pick other roommates that are unavailable, but in the end, I get stuck with one or the other.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I had to give you a star for that awesome metaphor alone. lol.

But yea, you nailed it on the head. The give and take of both political sides creates the balance that we need. If one side gets too crazy, it destroys any semblance of choice and really just pigeon holes you into a narrow decision.

Before this election, I don't think I had ever supported a Democrat candidate (well technically I'm not supporting one now since Bernie is technically an independent, but I'm going to run with this to complete my anecdote). I never really liked supporting Republican candidates either, but I used to dislike Democrats more than Republicans. But now, I feel like I don't have a choice when it comes to Republicans. With Trump as the front runner, it just makes me more depressed for the Republican party.

I can't believe I'm wishing we could go back to the days when it was close to impossible to tell the differences between the two parties, but man at least then you had choices.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You may have some good points. I have a hard time following what the GOP elite power brokers want. We voted for GOP candidates to give the GOP the majority . Their last election battle cry ,get us in office We will stop obama care, stop executive amnesty ect ect. Now rubber stamp,rubber stamp,rubber stamp the DNC programs and obamas agenda .

Thats whats killing many regular GOP candidates. Thats EXACTLY what is giving Trump his popularity . He is talking to the average American who is disillusioned with the status quo . Promises and never even try to follow threw. His popularity is a direct response to the GOP elite power brokers ignoring its base the average GOP voter believe in .

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Same here. Until about 2004, I had considered the left to be slightly more full of moonbats and people so out of touch with reality, you almost felt sorry for them. While I wasn't a huge fan of the right/conservative side, I tended to favor them slightly because, up until then, there was at least a decent pool of rational, level headed conservatives there not only to save us from the excesses of the moonbats, but from the kooks in their own party. Then that changed.

It is not that the Democrats are a great party full of real solutions and capable of real leadership. It's just that the Republicans and right have gone so far off the deep end that the those moonbats sound outright sane by comparison. A choice between the lesser of two crazies.

I have two good friends, both were pretty hardcore conservative voters. One was a former Marine, the other ex-army. Both work for government contractors, both are gun owners, both make over 100k a year. Both are white males with families. Both also happen to be atheists. Until 2012, they voted 9 out of 10 times for a conservative/Republican candidate. They shocked me last election, when both voted for Obama (both live in Virginia, a swing state in that election, so their vote really did count). I was shocked, because neither really liked Obama, or the left. When I asked them why, they gave a few reasons, but the one that stuck out at me the most, not only because it was truth, but because of the sources themselves. They said, basically, to sum it up, that the rhetoric and dogma of the Republican/right wing was too close and in line with what the Taliban and Al Qaeda were pushing. That their mentalities were becoming more and more indistinguishable from the violent terrorist zealots in the Middle East

Both have been to Afghanistan and Iraq, one of them, multiple tours. So they know what they are talking about. And they aren't the only ones, either. The Republicans are driving away the moderate and rational bases of their party into the arms of the Democrats. Soon, all they will be left with is a small, mouthy fringe of support, and will become irrelevant, turning this country into a one party Democrat show.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

More on the Donald just how conservative is he?? given that this is from my favorite lefty media and some may complain I think this is on point about the Donald, pls klik.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who sees it. So many conservatives on this website think I'm a liberal because I'm constantly calling out the Republican party for its craziness. No, I'm not a liberal; these guys are just THAT crazy. And it's clearly a new thing. The conservative base didn't use to be THIS extreme. It's terrifying.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who sees it. So many conservatives on this website think I'm a liberal because I'm constantly calling out the Republican party for its craziness. No, I'm not a liberal; these guys are just THAT crazy. And it's clearly a new thing. The conservative base didn't use to be THIS extreme. It's terrifying.

Totally agree.

I mean what does it say about the Republican party when guys like Trump, Carson and Ted Cruz are their top candidates? Guys like Jon Huntsman and John Kasich are being driven away by the crazies in the party.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Driven away? They are totally being rejected by them with terms like "RINO" or "Democrat-lite". You can't have close to moderate Conservative opinions anymore. That's too leftist for the modern Republican party.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: muse7

Driven away? They are totally being rejected by them with terms like "RINO" or "Democrat-lite". You can't have close to moderate Conservative opinions anymore. That's too leftist for the modern Republican party.

Trump IS a RINO , theres not really any debate about that.......he straight up said hed go 3rd party if he didnt get nominated

I have no issue with 3rd party and have voted 3rd party myself, but when you start out on a republican ticket and then say , yep ill go 3rd party if i dont get elected

Thats pretty much the definition of a RINO just switching parties like its nothing, even if his beliefs werent in line
edit on 9/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
No, by 'left wing propaganda' I mean the lies and distortions the Democrat party and leftists have poured into the heads of non-critical thinkers.

Reagan was a great President. Every President since him could only hope to be a pale shadow of him.

You do realize that by todays standards Reagan would be left wing?

So I guess what you're saying is that we need to move further to the left in order have another great president?

Lowered taxes, expanded the military, negotiated with enemies from a position of strength, opposed communism, promoted supply side economics, war on drugs, invaded other countries, "government is not the solution, it is the problem"...

But yeah he was a total left winger.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well at least you can admit that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Now help me convince the rest of your voting base that he isn't what he says he is.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join