It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is KILLING the Republican chances for Presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Why? Because competition keeps things fresh. Without political competition things stagnate and never improve. There really ARE ideals that are good conservative ideas that make sense and that I can agree with.

I don't want to see the destruction of the Republican party because that would be a bad thing. I want to see the Republicans realize that they are backing the wrong horse and come back from the brink. Gone are the days where we could all complain about each party being two sides to the same coin with little differences between the two parties. The Republicans are on a completely different level at this point, and it's not a good thing. They achieved separation in the wrong direction.

ETA: We need more political parties. Not less.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
originally posted by:FinalCountdown

"I support Trump because I am a total anarchist and I hate the system and I hate that everyone supports it with their naivety.

Trump equals change - up your but, rammed up your but - change. Not "Hope I get some change" or "I hope theres a dollar in this change"

Goodbye Lie #1 or Lie #2

Wake up, everything is a lie!"

Im with you. I originally was set to go with Rubio but I love the fact that Trump
is the anti establishment candidate. He is messing up the whole system, I love that.
He would need to pick his running mate carefully, minority or female, IMO.

When the young Dems. realize that an open boarder hurts their base by creating alot of competition
for the jobs that they seek their support may stay home on election day.

Trump can rip the political machine of this country apart.

edit on 8ffThursday09201508America/Chicago by nfflhome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Trump is not a solution to any of those problems. You are just being deceived by his annoying charisma (can you call it that?). How about addressing the statistics that are plain as day in the OP that each of my sources outlined? Trump is only making things worse for the Republicans. He certainly doesn't have a chance at actually being elected.

I mean we've all heard the Trump rhetoric for days now about how he is going to fix the country and all (sounds exactly like Hope and Change rhetoric to me, but what do I know?). Time to look at the cold, hard facts on display in this thread. Trump isn't the right guy for the job, and supporting him is only making things worse for everyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
If so, what do you see as replacement for our two party system?

How about a "No Party" system? Or an "18 Party" system? Give us a REAL choice.

I know your question wasn't to me, but that's my answer.

edit on 8/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Trump is not the one ruining the Republicans chances at winning the White House, it's Republican's who are doing that.

It's not Trump's fault that Republicans are flocking in to support his narcissistic message of bigotry, they're doing so because they like what they're hearing. It's who they are!

The only thing Trump has done is to expose that fact and for that, I say thank you Mr. Trump.

I'm even convinced that most, if not all, of the other GOP candidates actually support his idiocy as well. This is verified by the fact that every candidate standing on the stage with Trump in the recent debate pledged to throw their support behind him if nominated. Go figure!

It's not like they didn't know who he was or what he stood for when they raised their hands and pledged their support. They knew and did it anyway.

I don't usually make predictions here on ATS but I'll make this one now; I'm currently 59 yrs. old and I predict that GOP will not recapture the White House again in my lifetime.

And make no mistake about it, this isn't Trumps fault. The fault lies squarely upon the shoulders of the GOP as a whole.

They supported, nurtured and adopted the crazy assed Tea Party into their fold with open arms and this is the inevitable result they are now left to deal with.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Well, yeah, he could kill it.

On the other hand, he just might win the damned thing.

He might? How do you figure that? Your hopes and desires?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I dunno. I think that if they lose badly enough in this next election, it could be a big time wakeup call for them. We haven't had a singular party win more than 3 Presidential elections in a row since WWII.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
IDK...I actually like the fact the 'old school' pedigreed politicians like Clinton and Bush are getting their butts handed to them by outsiders. If Trump is the vanguard of bringing that about...all the better.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Clinton ISN'T get her ass handed to her by Trump though.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I read and re-read your OP and it is well written and well documented. And yes, it is most likely the case that Trump is ending any hope the Republicans might have had of winning the White House. I saw poll results right here on ATS indicating something like 51% of Hispanic voters dislike Trump and 47% support Hillary.

What I don't understand is why you would want to encourage Conservatives to stop supporting Trump?

I don't have firm statistics to back this up, but it would be my guess that the demographic most supportive of Trump hits here on the following points:
1) They are anti-abortion, or as you would state it, anti-choice. They are misogynists.
2) They are climate change deniers; they are anti-science; they are knuckle dragging flat earthers.
3) They are anti-LGBT rights; pro-traditional family, etc. Homophobes.
4) They tend to be Christocentric.
5) They oppose multiculturalism; which translates to mean they tend to be racist, white supremacists.

By ending the Republican party, once and for all, as a party capable of operating on a "National" level, Trump relegates the Republican party to the back woods of fly-over country and strengthens the Democrat party to the point that the US can finally be a true One Party Nation with One Party rule. That will end the divisiveness and allow the Progressive Agenda to have free reign over the Nation.

The Republicans and the white racists that are their base are demographic toast and are eventually to be relegated to the ash bin of history, of that there is no doubt. But glory be, Trump ups that timeline by orders of magnitude. Celebrate it........encourage it! Cheer them on! He simply brings Utopia closer to fruition!

That's the ticket, just need more republicans or more democrats and everything will be better, just need one party to die off then we can truely progress. I promise if the people who disagree with whatever your views are would be diminished......paradise. I hope the utopia comment was sarcasm, if not the true believers that still buy this democrat/republic illusion is mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Fascinating that a rabid liberal/progressive
as the writer of the OP has proved to be
in the majority of posts on ATS,
would be worried about the Republican Party, hmmmmm.

I have been saying all along that it is the Democrats
who are underestimating Trump.
I think the writer of the OP must agree because
the OP is trying to convince Republicans to
abandon Trump.

People have been so confused when I have written
in the past that the Democrats are underestimating
Trump because they thought I meant Republicans
so early in the race. Nope, I meant Democrats.

Truth is that Blacks watch more TV than any
other racial demographic. This is not a racist
statement, it is a pure and simple bias free fact.
Blacks, the Democrats acknowledge are a huge
part of the base they count on for votes.
Again not racist, the Democrats are quite
open about "having" the black vote. A simple
bias free fact.

Now a simple bias free observation as an
extension of this bias free fact.
There are a couple of black women on
Youtube whose videos have gone viral
who adore Trump and tell the media
and others to leave their man alone.
(again a simple verifiable bias free fact).

Trump on his TV show gave black men and
woman an opportunity to show the world
how a rap mogel and others are smart,
insightful business people who should be
respected. (note: this is positive, if you
call this compliment racist, you are wrong)
He gave a black man (Rodman) a second
chance to prove he could be a smart and
insightful business person after falling back
into problems the first time on his show.
(This is not racist, it is what happened)

Trump has gone out of his way to show to the
world and to the US and to racists, that black
people that tend to be stereotyped
(ie rap artists, basketball players, football players)
are stereotyped falsely by the white world and
even the media.

Trump has won the hearts of many, many
black people by proving to the world that
even a rap artist can be a compassionate,
smart and insightful person and that
racist judgements should be left at the door.

Trump in my opinion, has the black vote
and no geriatric white politician has a
chance next to him for the black vote.

That is why I have said all along that the
Democrats are the ones who need to worry about
Trump. And now the OP has proved my point
by trying to convince Republicans that Trump
is bad for them, nope he is really trouble for
the Democrats, far worse trouble for the Democrats.

edit on 9Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:38:26 -0500am82708amk274 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love watching Trump shake things up.

How can anyone vote for a Politician ?

19 TRILLION in Debt.

Trump could do no worse. Schoolchildren could do no worse.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
IDK...I actually like the fact the 'old school' pedigreed politicians like Clinton and Bush are getting their butts handed to them by outsiders. If Trump is the vanguard of bringing that about...all the better.

Yep!

A Fiorina/Trump combo would beat any ticket any day of the week,

because they are not from the old school politics that have brought the US to the brink of collapse.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I'm not a liberal or progressive. In fact, by calling me that you proved to me that you didn't read my whole opening posts, because I certainly said as much in the two opening posts. I also think it is a little rude, since I tried to write this thread as sincere and non-confrontational as possible as well. Yet here you are making things up about me.

Second, what are you basing all of this reasoning on? -I- have statistics, history, and the opinions of respected journalism outlets on my side. All I see from you is a long post written like a poem. So how about backing your claims up for once and actually posting some sources that confirm what you are saying?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Nice rant, but the polls show other wise.

Hands down, Donald Trump is the candidate who will struggle most among blacks. Trump's familiarity among blacks is about on par with Clinton's, but he is deeply disliked. Nearly seven in 10 blacks have an unfavorable view of him -- by far the highest negative opinion of any candidate.

Source

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Excellent post! The reason Trump is so popular is that his closed-minded bigotry and anger toward anyone who is different from him is reflected by SO MANY of the people that consider themselves "conservatives". THEY are responsible for trashing the GOP. Trump is just a pawn, a mouthpiece for the angry, mean-spirited and bigoted to say what they're thinking on a global scale. He is the process by which their voices can be heard.

I agree that most of the other GOP candidates probably support his ideals, but most are afraid to be honest about it. It's one thing I admire about Trump. Yes, he's an idiot, but he's not afraid to show that to the public. And he's popular because of it.
edit on 8/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I love watching Trump shake things up.

How can anyone vote for a Politician ?

19 TRILLION in Debt.

Trump could do no worse. Schoolchildren could do no worse.

Only a seasoned politician could manage to do worse.

Because they have ingrained in them that the only thing that matters is the next election.
Not the people, not the country, but the next election.

And so in the process have left the country to rot.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm really getting a large dose of the rapid non-fact based opinions of the rapid Trump supporters. Here I have posted a well sourced opening thread that paints a vivid picture that Trump is all the wrong answers for the Republican party, and instead of even ADDRESSING those stats and points, they ignore them completely to repeat the same tired rhetoric we see in all the other Trump threads (all unsourced claims too).

Like I said, I'm not siding with my friends here wanting your party to die. I LIKE the competition as an independent. More choices is a GOOD thing. Trump is KILLING all of that by pigeonholing all REAL political decisions to one side of the political aisle. The left. He is dragging the other Republican candidates down with him too.

But I mean if you are REALLY insisting on supporting this clown, at least come back with some MEAT on your arguments instead of just empty rhetoric... You are just reinforcing my points in the OP when you do that.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Hands down, Donald Trump is the candidate who will struggle most among blacks. Trump's familiarity among blacks is about on par with Clinton's, but he is deeply disliked. Nearly seven in 10 blacks have an unfavorable view of him -- by far the highest negative opinion of any candidate.

Source

Wait and see!

I taught Psy in University and from what I have observed
this will be the case.
Pollsters have been going out of their way to slant
questions so that it appears that Trump is not doing
as well as he really is.
I know how that sort of thing works, I actually taught
Research Methods (including polling) in Uni.

Sociologically what I am seeing on Youtube and
other places is polar opposite of the polls
which are exceedingly easy to manipulate.

Polls are manipulated by the media all the time
and for a psychological reason. To make people
think they are in the minority to make them
feel uncomfortable about their decision.

But mark my words, if Trump is the Rep
nominee, a huge portion of the black
vote will go with him.
That is why the OP and other Democrats
are so "worried" for the Republicans
and the health of the Republican party.

Time will tell, no point in arguing now.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Source

Now I know why she didn't source her claims.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join